AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/22/2014 8:24:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Several things I noticed on the third pic...
Why is the bolt partially back,holding the dust cover open?
The safety lever is correct(IMO) selector is not backwards like the Bulgarian AKs.
why is dust cover release so long?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there metal or some other design feature to keep the plastic magwell from being chewed up by metal AK mags? Looks nice, I may end up with one once they arrive.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]
1700$
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably same street price as the Tavor.

Decided to go with the Tavor this week.

Love that they're importing these though! But for me... I think I'd rather shoot that round out of an AK platform if it costs that much.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#6]
the rifle looks around $1700 and the pistol around $1300

this is an AK platform, just with a few more bells and whistles
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Any chance you could fit standard ak furniture on that? Magpuls new line would be slick shit on that.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I asked IWI on Facebook that question, and this was their reply:  "Metal mags engage with the steel receiver, not the polymer lower component"

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there metal or some other design feature to keep the plastic magwell from being chewed up by metal AK mags? Looks nice, I may end up with one once they arrive.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Following thread. I plan to order one in the near future
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Following thread. I plan to order one in the near future
View Quote
I preordered one, now to play the waiting game....
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
1700$
View Quote

This seems obscene until you compare it against something like a Krebs KTR which tries to make a VEPR into something with the same functionality and ergos as the Galil (but falls a bit short) and comes in at $2k+

The jury is still out on whether or not I want to plunk down the money for an Ace. But objectively speaking it looks like the best, most modern 7.62x39 we've had available in the US to date.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll gladly hand my money over and smile while doing so.

The SAM7K and Sig XI pistols don't interest me nearly as much.  The Ace looks gtg without any work at all.  No funny gas block replacements, reliability concerns, additional work to get folding stocks and muzzle devices added.  No need to add goodies so you can mount a light or an optic.

Battle proven and pretty as hell.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This seems obscene until you compare it against something like a Krebs KTR which tries to make a VEPR into something with the same functionality and ergos as the Galil (but falls a bit short) and comes in at $2k+

The jury is still out on whether or not I want to plunk down the money for an Ace. But objectively speaking it looks like the best, most modern 7.62x39 we've had available in the US to date.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1700$

Seriously? More 'modern' than a SIG 556R? I have the SIG but was also interested in the Galil until I saw the price, and from what I can see, the street price is actually higher than MSRP.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Seriously? More 'modern' than a SIG 556R? I have the SIG but was also interested in the Galil until I saw the price, and from what I can see, the street price is actually higher than MSRP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1700$

What price on the street?  The IWI ACE hasn't been released yet, so who knows whether the price will be above/below MSRP.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Atlantic shows it at $1899 and 'sold out, expecting more'. I assumed some had been sold already.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Atlantic shows it at $1899 and 'sold out, expecting more'. I assumed some had been sold already.
View Quote

I don't think any have been shipped yet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Are these going to happen? Desperately wanting a pistol
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Are these going to happen?

Max
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are these going to happen?

Max
View Quote

They are happening, yes.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I recently jumped into the SBR game.  Seems like the way to do it on the ACE is get a brace model as it looks the easiest to convert to a SBR.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Any updates on release date?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Any updates
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Jesus H that's like the ugliest thing I have seen in a long time. Probably works great, and some people may like/love it but jesus I would have to close my eyes to look at it. Now if they made new production runs of the classic Galil hooo boy would I be happy.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I kind of like the ACE, not sure really.....           But I do agree with the above comment, I would give anything if they were producing classic Galils in 5.56x45 and 7.62x51!
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I personally think the ace is great as is. For all those who want the original I can assure you that the cool factor wares off real quick once you lug it around a few times. While great guns the weight and lack of mounting options make the older models good for collecting and that's about it. This is coming from a person who owned just about every variant of galil/valmet. one cannot justify a 10lb 5.56 now days. JMO.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a Golani of the ARM variant that was reworked by Tenngalil and can agree to the above statement that the originals are caliber-heavy. The weight cancels any recoil that the 5.56 produces(not much) but they are very heavy to lug around. I would still love to have an original IMI/IWI produced one though but I just won't pay the money they bring these days.

ARKAR
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't mean to be critical of the original rifle, they are cool, it's just that I really appreciate what IMI is doing here by taking a risk and providing us what we asked for. That is an improved lightened galil that takes AK mags. If someone wants the original they can be found and the prices are better than at anytime in the past 10 years. I saw a MR ARM go for 2200 recently. I really think the ace will become popular and the looks will grow on people once they make it to the street. Any updates on WHEN they are going to come in, this is getting rather ACRish.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#28]
This is from IWI Facebook page.  I think it's related to them selling a crapl oad of the ACE's to the Ukraine and Sudan but here is the official line.

As all of you know, we have been seriously delayed in bringing the Galil ACE to market. Suffice to say that we believe it is better to delay deliveries if a problem is discovered, rather than bring the product to market prematurely. (Most of the issues encountered were in converting full auto to semi-auto configuration.) In any case, here is our revised delivery schedule (which could still be modified if necessary):

Galil ACE pistol in 7.62x39mm - September, 2015
Galil ACE pistol w/Stabilizing Brace, 7.62x39mm - October, 2015
Galil ACE rifle, 7.62x39mm - late October/early November, 2015

Galil ACE pistol in 7.62 NATO - January, 2016
Galil ACE pistol w/Stabilizing Brace, 7.62 NATO - February, 2016
Galil ACE rifle, 7.62 NATO - March, 2016

Galil ACE 5.56 NATO - 2nd Quarter 2016

We apologize for these delays, but again, we want to make sure that what we bring to market meets our standards and your expectations.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Whoa, a 7.62 NATO variant?!
Sweet
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sweet
View Quote

Yes, supposed to take SR-25/DPMS/PMag type mags too, IIRC
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:01:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is from IWI Facebook page.  I think it's related to them selling a crapl oad of the ACE's to the Ukraine and Sudan but here is the official line.

As all of you know, we have been seriously delayed in bringing the Galil ACE to market. Suffice to say that we believe it is better to delay deliveries if a problem is discovered, rather than bring the product to market prematurely. (Most of the issues encountered were in converting full auto to semi-auto configuration.) In any case, here is our revised delivery schedule (which could still be modified if necessary):

Galil ACE pistol in 7.62x39mm - September, 2015
Galil ACE pistol w/Stabilizing Brace, 7.62x39mm - October, 2015
Galil ACE rifle, 7.62x39mm - late October/early November, 2015

Galil ACE pistol in 7.62 NATO - January, 2016
Galil ACE pistol w/Stabilizing Brace, 7.62 NATO - February, 2016
Galil ACE rifle, 7.62 NATO - March, 2016

Galil ACE 5.56 NATO - 2nd Quarter 2016

We apologize for these delays, but again, we want to make sure that what we bring to market meets our standards and your expectations.
View Quote

Yay, a 5.56 version.

******youguysnowIhavetogetamatchingpair!

(Thejewsdidthis.gif)
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:14:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sweet
View Quote

Kinda what I was thinking. Starting to dig the ACE!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I do want the 7.62x39 16" but I am hoping someone will be making a proper stock for it. I'm sure Manticore and others will be on the railed hand guard. Maybe an extended version? M-Lok?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Any idea when the stock adapter, for those of us who want to provide the government $200 to exercise our rights, will be available?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#39]
When there are good stock and handguard options, Im all over one of those rifles.  Right now though, I really dont like the stock and I would really prefer a longer handguard with m-lok attachments.  The handguard options available for the Tavor are a good example of a good handguard making a huge difference with a rifle.

Is it safe to assume the 5.56 variant wont be using AR mags?  Probably Galil mags, right?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
When there are good stock and handguard options, Im all over one of those rifles.  Right now though, I really dont like the stock and I would really prefer a longer handguard with m-lok attachments.  The handguard options available for the Tavor are a good example of a good handguard making a huge difference with a rifle.

Is it safe to assume the 5.56 variant wont be using AR mags?  Probably Galil mags, right?
View Quote

IWI  Ace N21 and N22 are what we'll probably see imported into the US. They use STANAG-compatible magazines. Pmags, USGI, etc. Makes more sense for IWI, one less item to import, appeals to people who already have those mags lying around. Plus they don't have to fuss as much over 922R since the mag counts for 3 parts.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe the 5.56 will take AR mags. I know the rep told me the .308 will take SR-25 type mags. 7.62x39 clearly takes AK mags.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 3:16:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I believe the 5.56 will take AR mags. I know the rep told me the .308 will take SR-25 type mags. 7.62x39 clearly takes AK mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh man... that would be pretty cool.  I might have to own one of those too.  I dont know if I would be able to resist the .308 while I was at it haha.

I mean, you know... considering Im still allowed to own them by then, that is. :|
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#43]
So, is it possible to take off the polymer lower and replace it with a normal galil grip/triggerguard?
SBRing the pistol is what the little devil on my shoulder is telling me to do..
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Has anyone actually got one of these yet? I'm desperately waiting for a user review
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Has anyone actually got one of these yet? I'm desperately waiting for a user review
View Quote

Me to, but I'm not really interested in the pistol.  Having said that, I wan carbine in a bad way.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#46]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5f_SfWUHhM&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Im dying to get my hands on the rifle... but there's a very good chance I may make the pistol my very first SBR.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Not as cool as the old Galil
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Sooo... if Im understanding correctly from what he said in that video about the lower, the lower is basically unnecessary?  You can remove it, replace the magazine release and install your own pistol grip?  Because that would be pretty awesome.

The plastic lower was the only thing about the gun that I would look at with any kind of doubt.  I kept telling myself that aftermarket lowers could, and probably would, be manufactured for it, but if that didnt happen, or if there were a lack of appealing options, the option of just being able to take it off would actually be great.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Any updates on rifle availability?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top