[#4]

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#6]
ugh can't wait
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Not sure if I want the 5.56 or the 7.62x51 rifle...

I sure wish they'd release those UZI SBR kits.  Only reason I haven't bought one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:43:54 PM EDT
[#8]
From IWI: And good news for those of you waiting for the GAR1639 (Galil ACE Rifle in 7.62x39mm). These will start shipping within the next two weeks!

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From IWI: And good news for those of you waiting for the GAR1639 (Galil ACE Rifle in 7.62x39mm). These will start shipping within the next two weeks!

View Quote

About time ..... Thanks  for the heads up...
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 4:21:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... I may have gotten one on order from Atlantic Arms this morning....
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Just a head's up guys, over at AKFiles, me and some other guys panties are in a bundle because we're trying to find did definitive answers to if the dust cover rail actually holds zero

Also using non-US mags may result in 922r violation according to the manual

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Manual:
Galil ACE manual 922r section
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Any chance you could fit standard ak furniture on that? Magpuls new line would be slick shit on that.
View Quote

IMO The whole point of this thing is that it's an ak with very specific furniture upgrades/changes.  Even if you could manage to remove the handguard and bolt on a zhukov handguard or something, that would take away from its value.  But I'm sure with a dremel and a welder any some Paki engineering, anything is possible.  

It would be like buying a $1700 gun, putting $400 into it, and having it be worth $900.  I suspect, at least.  For the money, it doesn't seem very appealing to me.  Give me two 100 series arsenals instead.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This seems obscene until you compare it against something like a Krebs KTR which tries to make a VEPR into something with the same functionality and ergos as the Galil (but falls a bit short) and comes in at $2k+

The jury is still out on whether or not I want to plunk down the money for an Ace. But objectively speaking it looks like the best, most modern 7.62x39 we've had available in the US to date.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1700$

This seems obscene until you compare it against something like a Krebs KTR which tries to make a VEPR into something with the same functionality and ergos as the Galil (but falls a bit short) and comes in at $2k+

The jury is still out on whether or not I want to plunk down the money for an Ace. But objectively speaking it looks like the best, most modern 7.62x39 we've had available in the US to date.

Everything seems obscene until you compare it to a krebs ktr.  Krebs isn't even selling then right now, the last batch was made of RAS47'S

Cue the MAC cold weather test video.  Outside for an hour in below-freezing and gun won't work, furniture and optics mounts are breaking off left and right....   they're very expensive hobby-grade guns.  Anyone with a screwdriver can buy the same or superior parts and put them on a superior ak for less money.  YMMV but that thing was a pile.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just a head's up guys, over at AKFiles, me and some other guys panties are in a bundle because we're trying to find did definitive answers to if the dust cover rail actually holds zero...

View Quote

Let us know when your question gets answered.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a head's up guys, over at AKFiles, me and some other guys panties are in a bundle because we're trying to find did definitive answers to if the dust cover rail actually holds zero...

seen a few reports they are having sporadic groups like the X95....  Wonder if this is why IWI wants to make US barrels.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
seen a few reports they are having sporadic groups like the X95....  Wonder if this is why IWI wants to make US barrels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where else have you seen these reports? I saw a review online and one guy had no issues, but that was a 3 pin pistol he had to send back and he was using irons

On AKFiles one user's groups are all over the place, I'm oddly hopeful this is a barrel thing that IWI will fix and not a flaw inherent to the dustcover's design

But 3 inch MOA on two different rifles with different designs is a bit frightening, there's got to be an issue with the barrel and chamber assembly
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Where else have you seen these reports? I saw a review online and one guy had no issues, but that was a 3 pin pistol he had to send back and he was using irons

On AKFiles one user's groups are all over the place, I'm oddly hopeful this is a barrel thing that IWI will fix and not a flaw inherent to the dustcover's design

But 3 inch MOA on two different rifles with different designs is a bit frightening, there's got to be an issue with the barrel and chamber assembly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two on Youtube comments and the one on the AK files
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey man can you point me to those YouTube videos and comments? I'm keeping track of everyone's issues in that thread on the AKFiles
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Anybody gotten their hands on one of these yet?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I do, waiting on folding brace to be available. The fit and finish is extremely nice
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anybody gotten their hands on one of these yet?
View Quote

I have mine in possession, only had a chance to walk out back and do a mag dump to check function. So far I like it overall, but the stock on it leaves a bit to be desired IMO.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Just picked it up! First impressions.... Heavy, very solid. Well made inside and out ( better fit and finish than the Tavor and X95) decent trigger 6.8lbs pull out of the box. It's a bitch to get the topcover off and on. The action is smooth but not quite as nice as a sam7. The top rail feels solid even with an optic but I'm not sold on it yet. it's definitely on par with the Luchnik AKs!

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:40:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Sexy rifle, congrats. Look forward to seeing more of these!
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:34:59 AM EDT
[#24]
For close range shooting mine patterned as well as my Tavor or my AR's, still hate the damn stock, my friends made negative comments on it as well!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
For close range shooting mine patterned as well as my Tavor or my AR's, still hate the damn stock, my friends made negative comments on it as well!
View Quote

Can I ask what it is about the stock you don't like? Interested in your feedback as none of my local LGS's have any in stock, so I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Can I ask what it is about the stock you don't like? Interested in your feedback as none of my local LGS's have any in stock, so I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty much like a std M4 stock. It will rattle a little but the tube is proprietary so there is no easy swap. To change it will cost you around $200 depending on options
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:25:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its like a combination of a M4 and CAR stock, then they made it weirdly skinny. Doesn't feel solid against the shoulder.

ETA: Overall I really like the rifle, but for the cost I'm allowing myself to nit pick a little , I'll likely find a replacement stock in the future.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:02:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks fellas. I'm going to buy this rifle the only thing off putting to me is the stock. Maybe the aftermarket will come up with some different options down the road.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#29]
any suggestions for mounting a suppressor mount? I have a Dead Air mount, do i just rocksett the thread on that and the nut and tighten them together?
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thanks fellas. I'm going to buy this rifle the only thing off putting to me is the stock. Maybe the aftermarket will come up with some different options down the road.
View Quote

I have heard (with no substantiation) that original Galil stocks will fit.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

AJ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AJ

Go on....
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Go on....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AJ

Go on....

I read it on the interwebz... And I saw a picture (low res could have been photoshopped) of the new Galil ACE receiver with a old school Galil/R4 tube stock on it.

I want this to be true as the M4 style stock looks like ass (IMHO) and is a major turnoff. I haven't really investigated it further as I'm kinda waiting for the 556 version to come out. Apex does have Gaili stocks for under $100, if you're looking.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I read it on the interwebz... And I saw a picture (low res could have been photoshopped) of the new Galil ACE receiver with a old school Galil/R4 tube stock on it.

I want this to be true as the M4 style stock looks like ass (IMHO) and is a major turnoff. I haven't really investigated it further as I'm kinda waiting for the 556 version to come out. Apex does have Gaili stocks for under $100, if you're looking.

AJ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AJ

Go on....

AJ

The Vietnamese version has the original type stopped but I talked to IWI and they have no plans on bringing them to market. if you want an original stock on you will have to modify it or get an adaptor and use one of the commercial ace modular stocks

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 2:41:15 AM EDT
[#34]
That is much sexier than the M4 type stocks on these rifles.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
any suggestions for mounting a suppressor mount? I have a Dead Air mount, do i just rocksett the thread on that and the nut and tighten them together?
View Quote

Supposedly the gun will not surpress at all. To much gas.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

where did you hear that? It's very disappointing if true. Not sure how it wouldnt suppress "at all"
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#37]
There are videos online of it. MAC couldn't even get it to shoot two rounds in a row. Maybe the pistol has less gas and would work, IDK.

They probably use the same gas hole size in both models.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

where did you hear that? It's very disappointing if true. Not sure how it wouldnt suppress "at all"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

6:00 mark on this MAC video shows some suppression problems...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=joBZ6ikrjJM
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Can the Ace use 75 round drum mags?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Can the Ace use 75 round drum mags?
View Quote

no
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Rifles are in stock at Atlantic Firearms. Quantico Tactical offers a MIL/LEO discount that was much appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Rifles are in stock at Atlantic Firearms. Quantico Tactical offers a MIL/LEO discount that was much appreciated.
View Quote

Got a rifle version few days ago. Love it. Fantastic gun. Shoots well. Fit and finish is amazing. Action is extremely smooth. Selling off my other AK's. IMHO, best AK variant you can get.

Do need to find an optic that'll cowitness with the iron sights. And it would have been nice if they'd used a standard AR buffer tube for the folding stock. Works fine, but just not perfect.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Couldn't help myself. I've wanted a Galil since I was like 16. Not paying $3500+ so I figured this would fit the bill. Filing a Form 1 ASAP.

Does anyone know anything about stocks yet? Or replacing the polymer lower with a standard Galil pistol grip/trigger guard?

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Fine looking shooting sticks you have there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Couldn't help myself. I've wanted a Galil since I was like 16. Not paying $3500+ so I figured this would fit the bill. Filing a Form 1 ASAP.

Does anyone know anything about stocks yet? Or replacing the polymer lower with a standard Galil pistol grip/trigger guard?

<a href="http://s250.photobucket.com/user/butterscotchgent/media/20160830_163823_zpshext9hx3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/butterscotchgent/20160830_163823_zpshext9hx3.jpg</a>
View Quote

Fist off nice stick

Secondly AtlanticFirearms has a side folding arm brace kit available that once you have a form 1 can be turned into a stock using any ACE stocks, KNS precision also has a back piece that is Thinner than the Atlantic model, you can see them on AKFiles in the Galil section
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, picked mine up yesterday!  Can't wait to get to the range.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Fist off nice stick

Secondly AtlanticFirearms has a side folding arm brace kit available that once you have a form 1 can be turned into a stock using any ACE stocks, KNS precision also has a back piece that is Thinner than the Atlantic model, you can see them on AKFiles in the Galil section
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s250.photobucket.com/user/butterscotchgent/media/20160830_163823_zpshext9hx3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/butterscotchgent/20160830_163823_zpshext9hx3.jpg</a>

Fist off nice stick

Thanks, the ACE stocks aren't too bad since they kind of look like the original Galil stocks. I wonder how long before we get some other stock options for these.
I like the stocks they put on the Vietnamese Galil Aces. I have a feeling those probably won't be available in the US though..
I'm also curious about how long it will be before we can get some hand guard options. The stock one isn't terrible, but something slimmer might be nice.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#49]

RS Regulate previewed these not too long ago, no ETA yet
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Very nice. Love that rail on the rifle.
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top