Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2014 10:38:33 PM EDT
Bought a Zastava N-Pap a few weeks ago. This is my first AK47.

Took it out this wknd for a very short range trip (due to rain). Ended up firing only 10 rounds thru it. The amount of "cheek slap" made it downright painful to shoot.

I've been able to do a small amount of internet research concerning this. Some say to bring your face further forward on the stock, similar to shooting an AR15. I've tried this (magazine out, chamber cleared, rifle unloaded) and it just does not feel natural at all.

I've been checking on rifle cheek rests and pads but unsure if something like that would have any effect on lessening the cheek slap.

Have any of you experienced "cheek slap" and what were your solutions to do away with it??

Thanks,

BK
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
M76 stock works perfectly.

Assault Weapons of Ohio is a good source for them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a very common complaint. Suggestions range from replacing the stock with one from an m76, to going with an aftermarket side-folding or AR type stock, to sanding down or re-profiling the original NPAP stock.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
M76 stock works perfectly.

Assault Weapons of Ohio is a good source for them.
View Quote

Call them but pretty sure they are out. They had 5 left when I bought mine a few weeks ago. Huge difference. Love the stock.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I put a AK74 style brake on mine and swapped the way too long plastic stock that came on mine for a 7.5" Ace side folding stock. that sorted it out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]
M70 stock really helps too, bought online market at AKfiles.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Try a Wolff extra power spring. Cured my cheek slap in my OPAP.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#7]
M76 stock offered as part of this Yugo LOT. Perhaps not a great deal if you just want the stock.....
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top