Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/7/2015 11:17:48 AM EDT
I have a type 56 sino sks that was given to me. I want to get another stock but is seem that the stocks are in short supply is it possible to swap the blade bayonet for a spike with no issues?
I found nicer looking looking stock cheaper, and will I have to do any mods to the spike stock to fit the type 56 sino? Thanks guys I was just trying to get a shooter I plan on keeping the old hardware
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a type 56 sino sks that was given to me. I want to get another stock but is seem that the stocks are in short supply is it possible to swap the blade bayonet for a spike with no issues?
I found nicer looking looking stock cheaper, and will I have to do any mods to the spike stock to fit the type 56 sino? Thanks guys I was just trying to get a shooter I plan on keeping the old hardware
View Quote

If it's a bladed sino, get a russian hardwood stock.  If the peens are intact for the bayonet screw, leave it as is. The stock for the spike will have the groove too long, and not deep enough for a blade.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about swapping the bayonets, what I can tell you is the dimensions of the chicom spike bayonet stock I have.

The width of the bayonet groove at the front of the stock is .442 it decreases to .340 at the rear. The depth of the groove is .208 at the front and .308 at the rear.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The stocks will swap, not a problem.

The bayonets, well there is a metal "ferrule", the metal piece on your barrel where your stock slides into. It will be cut for either a Blade or a spike You will have to modify this in order to use the other style bayonet with it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:32:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The stocks will swap, not a problem.

The bayonets, well there is a metal "ferrule", the metal piece on your barrel where your stock slides into. It will be cut for either a Blade or a spike You will have to modify this in order to use the other style bayonet with it.
View Quote

Yes, if you get a spike relief cut stock, and put a spike on the gun you will have to modify the ferrule. Putting a later chinese spike cut stock, and modifying the ferrule makes no sense. Might as well (sinos were made with russian parts anyway) get the proper russian blade relief stock and call it a day. Sinos only had blades. Why the heck would misrepresenting the rifle, and modifying it to the greatest degree to do so make any sense?
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top