Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 10:55:49 PM EDT
So I have two type 56's that I recently picked up from Wideners. The serial number on the receiver starts with a number 2, then a six digit serial number. The six digits are on the top cover, stock, magazine, trigger group, but none of them have that two before it. Is this normal? Does this mean it is a rifle produced in the two million range?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
What arsenal?  It sounds like a /26\ which would make it a 1957 production and should have a screw in barrel, milled trigger guard, blade type bayonet. If it is a 1957 I wouldn't be surprised if it has a Russian receiver or parts. Does it have Cyrillic on it anywhere?  If it's not a /26\, then the serial number means very little other than knowing everything thing is original.  Leaving a digit off is normal, just look at German guns . Or the "2" could be one of the crazy Chinese export codes. Got pics?
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
its a 1958, probably from arsenal 26. It is a blade bayonet?

I have a Ghost Sino-Soviet sn 177xx that I have been trying to get more info on
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top