User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 8:17:32 PM EDT
i just bought a set of plum stocks from kvar any of you guys use them
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the black ones.  Needed a little fitting, and pilot holes drilled in buttstock.  Nice furniture.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a set. Same fit as the rest of the stocks.  I get alot of odd looks at the range, but omce you explain it to people, you really have their complete attention.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:19:32 AM EDT
[#3]
i have 3. 1 on mak90 1 on a nhm91 and 1 on a bwk90.                                
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have any pics, but my 2003 SAR1 is wearing plum and I love it. My SAR2 is wearing black, for more formal occasions. But it wouldn't take much for me to do plum on that one too.

But the plum stocks look great, especially with a Bulgarian waffle mag in place! The color is "softer" and blends in with just about anything.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#5]
So the fit and finish is good worth spending the 90 bucks.Does it fit well without modification
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep in mind your fit may be different then mine..... The finish is great. I really like mine. I'm 6'4" so the extra length was a real plus for me. I can use the Warsaw Pact length stocks, but for me the difference in length is a tremendous bonus.

This also helps your required parts count.

The stock fit fine. No fitting required. I have heard that on some rifles the piece of the stock that inserts into the rear of the receiver was a bit long and a little filing or sanding was required for a tight fit.

The top handguard fit fine. No work required on mine. And it is tight.

The bottom handguard was a little loose. This allows the handguard to move up and or down slightly. Easily corrected with a shim between the front handguard retaining band and the handguard. I used a thin strip of soft leather. I have seen others use a piece of rubber (off an inner-tube.)

The only trick for me was getting the holes drilled to the correct size. Nobody could tell me what size hole to drill. If you drill to small you'll tear up the screws trying to put them in. To big and well, they'll be to big and not hold. I used the K-Var screws. I marked where the holes needed to be. Then I took a very small bit and worked my way up.

Be careful, the synthetic material is soft and you will drill all the way through the stock if you're not cafeful. The final drill bit size ended up being 5/32". (Order extra screws anyway.)

None of this is really difficult. Even with all the drilling and such you should be done in less then 30 minutes.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I love mine...

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 4:04:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Fit on the SAR-2 is near perfect on all of mine.

Fit on the SAR-1 takes a little filing, but nothing big.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks I  want it to look good cause it is an awesome battle weapon.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top