I can get one for $499 and it comes with either of the below options free

6 metal 30 rounds mags or. korean mags suck
7 taco 30 round mags or. not a fan of tapco either
1 75 round drum mag  rommy drum is gtg
View Quote

In red.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably get the drum and then buy some good mags.

Unless the mags happen to be some kind of euro manufactured mags then maybe go with the mags. I don't like anything Tapco. Avoid those.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In red.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In red.

If Romanian sure, but why do you assume the drum is Romanian rather than Korean ?

I'd rather have 7 Tapco mags than a Korean drum.

But they all suck to varying degrees. ( unless drum is actually romanian )
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If Romanian sure, but why do you assume the drum is Romanian rather than Korean ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In red.

Somebody checked part numbers on the site. Double check when you order though.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#5]
The tapco mags are great at $8 a pop. Its all i use for my range mags and they work flawlessly in both my aks.  I have no idea why anyone would complain about those. The only crap ak mags ive ever had were the polish ones aim sold awhile back for less than $10. They were terrible and didnt work, i had to toss them. Lots of others said same thing. i leave my good steel and bakelite mags safely stored away.  OP pick one and go with it. Main thing is the gun, if its the ak you want the mags are just gravy anyway....
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]
My Tapco's run flawlessly after the first round chambers ok but sometimes the bolt won't seat properly on the first try.  If that happens I take out the mag, re-load the round and start all over. I'm not sure if the spring in the mag is too tight with 30 rounds loaded or if the bolt rides the top of the mag a little. I haven't had a chance to use them too much so maybe they'll "wear" in a little. I may try loading a couple less rounds and see if that changes anything. Has anybody else run into this issue? And I always let the bolt close at full force. And I've had no issues with the steel Yugo mag the rifle came with.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My Tapco's run flawlessly after the first round chambers ok bflawlessmes the bolt won't seat properly on the first try.  If that happens I take out the mag, re-load the round and start all over. I'm not sure if the spring in the mag is too tight with 30 rounds loaded or if the bolt rides the top of the mag a little. I haven't had a chance to use them too much so maybe they'll "wear" in a little. I may try loading a couple less rounds and see if that changes anything. Has anybody else run into this issue? And I always let the bolt close at full force. And I've had no issues with the steel Yugo mag the rifle came with.
View Quote

My M10 did this the very first time I chambered a round using a brand new Tapco smooth side mag but everything ran perfect after that. I have 4 of the Tapco smooth side mags and they all lockup tight and work fine.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My M10 did this the very first time I chambered a round using a brand new Tapco smooth side mag but everything ran perfect after that. I have 4 of the Tapco smooth side mags and they all lockup tight and work fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Tapco's run flawlessly after the first round chambers ok bflawlessmes the bolt won't seat properly on the first try.  If that happens I take out the mag, re-load the round and start all over. I'm not sure if the spring in the mag is too tight with 30 rounds loaded or if the bolt rides the top of the mag a little. I haven't had a chance to use them too much so maybe they'll "wear" in a little. I may try loading a couple less rounds and see if that changes anything. Has anybody else run into this issue? And I always let the bolt close at full force. And I've had no issues with the steel Yugo mag the rifle came with.

Did the issue go away with use of the mags?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it was the very first time I ever charged the gun and the mag was new. None of the others ever did it, it could have been the bolt carrier hanging on the rails since those were tight when it was new?
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top