Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/12/2014 1:29:15 AM EDT
So I finally had the opportunity to pic up a Mak 90 and I jumped all over it. Was getting pretty annoyed with my mini 30 light striking hard primer 7.62 and seeing that I have a sh* t load of it I figure it was a good excuse to dump the mini and pick up a mak. I got it shipped to my FFL for $700 and given the state I am in I thought that was a pretty fair price.

Basic run down its a stamped slant cut receiver pretty clean and in a thumb hole stock. I have researched the crap out of the gun and hit all the basics, and of course the " what stock can I put on my slant cut" question. I am waiting to see what I can get a barely used set of IW furniture through a friend of a friend so that is covered. My issue is I am a big fan of the classic ak style but also a fan of the tactical style AK's I have seen. That being said I want to find something that gives me the option to interchange my ar stocks etc, I see it as the best of both worlds ha.

I know they won't fit but I refuse to even consider Tapco, ATI etc. I'm just not a fan of their fit and finish, just my personal opinion. Was wondering if anyone has attempted to use the Vltor ak buffer on a slant cut, if so did it work and would you recommend it. my first choice is the bone steel setup but it looks like they are on back order for a while.

Also saw this and was wondering if anyone has used it or heard anything about it.

http://www.desertfoxoutfitters.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=729

Also any guys who have made their own adapter feel free to chime in pls, or anyone who wants to sell their bone steel haha. I Do Not want to modify my receiver in anyway I.e. welding it or cutting rear tang. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont know much about modifying stocks to fit the slant cut recievers but if you are ever interested in (debanning/ making a 56 clone) adding a cleaning rod and a slant break let me know. I have done a few of them recently and have the tools necessary to do it. The parts needed can be had for cheap from Apex Gun parts, they are also a great resource for any parts you may need. You may want to check with CTHTF about modifying the stock to fit a slant cut, ALOT of the guys there are big into AK's and may have some ideas.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]
That adapter should fit the bill nicely.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top