Quoted:

Why is the sling setup herrendous?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A bulgarian side folder is around 7 pounds, but if your gonna put all that on it you might aswell get a krebs, it will have what you want and you wont lose as much on resell, good luck selling all those "upgrades". The new krebs model is a slick package, just get that and the experts have already massaged everything together so you wont have to fit it together.
Or you could take the advice of more experienced members in the ak world and just get the arsenal and run it like it was intended. You will never improve it more than it already is.. get a rs t2 mount and a rs light mount=done.

There are a few other things that I would change, the grip being one, but I only have 2 major complaints about my arsenal.

1. The length of pulling is too short.
2. The sling setup is horrendous.

Both will be fixed when a 4.5mm adapter for a buffer tube becomes available and I swap the folder for a CTR.

Why is the sling setup herrendous?

The front and rear sling mounts are on opposite sides for one, which I don't care for but the fact that the swivel is on the front of the stock rather than the rear, it makes it very awkward for anything other than a traditional sling.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]
It is like that because the stock folds, or else it would bind up withe stock folded, and it was designed for that sling, if you want something more tactical you can get russian 3 point or single point slings. The sling is bombproof and comfortable though. It was made to never be tooken off the rifle so you wont lose your rifle and i agree with this belief. I have a magpul ms3 on my ar and its cool but is is toyish in comparison, im sure i could break it if i tried alittle and it is rediculously bulky, i dont need to quick adjust it is just silly.
I just put the sling over my head and have never had a problem, over my back when i walk far. But whatever floats your boat i get people like different stuff.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I really do want an ak. They're cool as hell and I love the simplicity for combat enviroments. It's a 3 part field strip! How easy is that! Cheap ammo and mags that's fairly accurate for a fighting gun. The nostalgia of owning and operating one is kick ass too.

Do you guys prefer the ak 100 series folders over the triangle folders?

I know I want: high end stamped ak 47 or 74.

Arsenal slr 104 or 107 are my choices, along with rifle dynamics rd series.

Besides mag cost, it seems the 74 is a better option in my opinion. I like being able to carry more rounds than 7.62, faster follow up shots, and it's the same cost as 7.62.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really do want an ak. They're cool as hell and I love the simplicity for combat enviroments. It's a 3 part field strip! How easy is that! Cheap ammo and mags that's fairly accurate for a fighting gun. The nostalgia of owning and operating one is kick ass too.

Do you guys prefer the ak 100 series folders over the triangle folders?

I know I want: high end stamped ak 47 or 74.

Arsenal slr 104 or 107 are my choices, along with rifle dynamics rd series.

Besides mag cost, it seems the 74 is a better option in my opinion. I like being able to carry more rounds than 7.62, faster follow up shots, and it's the same cost as 7.62.
View Quote

I'd rather have a triangle folder myself for aesthetic reasons and also because recoil pads are available for them to extend the length of pull. Pads for the 100 series folders are as rare as hen's teeth.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top