Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2010 10:59:30 AM EDT
Saw this at a gun show this weekend:

Link
$1150.00
The Ultimate Big Bore Brush Gun!
Classic Ak reliability and styling but chambered in the new .460 Alliance cartridge.
This weapon will deliver twice the ft.lbs. of energy that a .44 Magnum delivers: giving you the power to take down anything on this continent!

Comes standard with 12 round magazine and muzzle break.

The two cartridges pictured is a .460 Alliance 405gr. JSP(2,448 ft.lbs of energy) and a 7.62x39 FMJ (1,467 ft.lbs of energy) for size comparison.

If you already  have a Wasr-10 and would like to have it converted ($750.00) to the .460 Alliance call 812-897-4908

Indiana Deer Hunting Legal!

It's actually a .458 caliber projectile.  I don't know about the case dimensions, but it looks like a 458 SOCOM, specs seem similar, so I'm not sure why they didn't just go with that.  300 gr. armor piercing hollow point soon available, they say.

I'm both attracted and repulsed.  I'm cool with $350 7.62x39 WASR's (when hand picked), but I'm not so sure how they'd stand up to what I imagine would be the significantly greater recoil of this cartridge, and $1,150 is a tad pricey for something that still has angry beaver WASR wood, typical Century finish, and the original trigger.

[minirant] I stopped at Alliance's table to read the .460 data sheet lying there, the vendor actually snatched it away and tucked it under a stack of papers.  I raised my hands in the universal "WTF?" gesture, he pretended not to notice me and walked away.  Wasn't a state secret, there were a couple other copies around and I just got the same info from their website, so I guess they simply weren't interested in selling any.  I'll be sure to wear my "I Buy $1200 WASR Deer Rifles From Pricks" t-shirt next time. [/minirant]
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#1]
wouldnt pay that ever before i got a 458 AR
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm both attracted and repulsed.

That pretty much sums it up.

I'm not sure how much "classic AK reliability" you're going to get out of a WASR that shoots a .460.  Just seems like a bad idea.  I'd hate to be the poor chap who eventually confirms it was a bad idea.
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get Saiga's in .308... 308 has more energy than that .460... granted a Saiga 308 isn't a wasr.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I am not quite sure why, but I really like it.

I wonder if they use a beefier recoil spring, or just throw in a black jack buffer?
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I wonder if they use a beefier recoil spring, or just throw in a black jack buffer?

––––––––––––––––––––
Not really a high pressure load  

http://www.alliancearmament.com/460alliance405grjacketedsoftpoint.aspx

"The .460 Alliance is here!
These 405 grain JSP cartridges deliver 2448 Ft. Lbs.  of energy for extreme stopping power.
Muzzle velocity 1,650 FPS! "
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can get Saiga's in .308... 308 has more energy than that .460... granted a Saiga 308 isn't a wasr.

Remember, though, kinetic energy doesn't always tell the whole tale. Think 9mm vs .45ACP, or better yet, 30-06 vs 45/70.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

––––––––––––––––––––

These 405 grain JSP cartridges deliver 2448 Ft. Lbs.  of energy for extreme stopping power.

So, you get 45/70 performance with an AK. It may not be for me, but I can see it's appeal.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting but not for that price. Just wonder how long the gun itself will hold up?
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a neat idea.  I would like to see more custom AK options.  They just aren't as easy to tinker on as AR's.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#10]
if it was chambered for .458 socom it would sell a lot better.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

––––––––––––––––––––

I am not seeing the pressure listed anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Good, bad or ugly I wouldn't say "No" to firing a few rounds through 1.  I would not pay that much for a Krebs let alone a custom WASR.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#13]
To initial poster, I  sincerely apologize for the rude service you received from a dealer of our product I would like the dealers info if you have it and I understand if you didn't bother to further converse with them, even a name would help as we keep all our dealer info on file.

The 460 is not a 458 socom they are similar but the 460 is slightly larger at the base and case neck is thicker it will not chamber in a socom, the 460 uses large rifle primers not pistol primers as in the socom. The rifle has many custom machined components made in our facility from 4140 ordnance grade steel heat treated and mil spec parkerizing including a match grade 4140 barrel almost all components from the trunion forward are new manufacture minus the wood. We give a 2 year parts and labor warranty and will substitute the wood furniture for customer preference we do custom builds here is an example of our s.b.r. 8.5" barrel!
Click here  to see this weapon on our site
http://www.alliancearmament.com/images/view.aspx?productId=198
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#14]
wouldn't they be able to covert any AK into this caliber and not just WASR 10s? If so, im thinking about doing it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#15]
0351AA, thanks for sharing the details on that interesting rifle. I could see it being useful for hog hunting and other critters that require a bit more energy to reliably "tip over".

Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes our barrels are cnc turned to fit 23mm trunions and we can convert most ak's on the market if we can't convert your ak we will give fair market trade in value.
All 460 alliance ak conversions on the site are built on new guns.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
To initial poster, I  sincerely apologize for the rude service you received from a dealer of our product I would like the dealers info if you have it and I understand if you didn't bother to further converse with them, even a name would help as we keep all our dealer info on file.

The 460 is not a 458 socom they are similar but the 460 is slightly larger at the base and case neck is thicker it will not chamber in a socom, the 460 uses large rifle primers not pistol primers as in the socom. The rifle has many custom machined components made in our facility from 4140 ordnance grade steel heat treated and mil spec parkerizing including a match grade 4140 barrel almost all components from the trunion forward are new manufacture minus the wood. We give a 2 year parts and labor warranty and will substitute the wood furniture for customer preference we do custom builds here is an example of our s.b.r. 8.5" barrel!
Click here  to see this weapon on our site
http://www.alliancearmament.com/images/view.aspx?productId=198

Link Posted: 5/8/2010 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#19]
brass, reloading dies, and components will be on the shelf soon 2 reasons we went with a new cartridge are as follows,

1 socom was contacted and politely declined do to a current contract

2 we can control the supply of brass and ammo

By doing this we keep your cost of ammo and components substantially lower and yes the armor piercing ammo will be available very soon!
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the welcome and if there are any suggestions for the 460 such as different configurations or options or questions in general feel free to ask.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#21]
would love to see a US version of the 9x39 VSS type rifles.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#22]
This is a very cool idea, IMO. If I had an extra $1k or so, I think I've found what I'd spend it on.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I likes the Muzzle Brake
Link Posted: 5/9/2010 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#24]
That's a pretty novel idea!  I'm not in the market of buying the rifle, but I wonder if the manufacturer could update their casting/machining for the gas block and front sight so the end user could have a regular cleaning rod under the barrel.  It'd be pretty cool if the butt stock's trap door contained a .460 sized brush also.
Link Posted: 5/10/2010 4:52:11 AM EDT
[#25]
As far as the cleaning rod issue that could be done but with a match grade barrel  I prefer to use a bore snake or otis kit and come through  the breech and pull out the muzzle we are looking at sending a bore snake with the rifle at purchase. Also if you pick one up from a dealer or gun show-

they should have a recoil buffer installed from the factory, this will protect the added detent or cap screw from being damaged and retains the dust cover.
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd be interested in those handguards.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
would love to see a US version of the 9x39 VSS type rifles.

I would give my left nut for an OTs-14 Groza, or at least a damn good copy of it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2010 10:41:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Since I already roll my own .458 Socom, I'd go for this if it were chambered for .458 Socom.
I see no need for the .460A in my inventory. I do like the AK platform...
I'm curious how the two cartridges compare performance wise.  I'm betting there is very little if any difference.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#29]
If these are as good as the Alliance Armament Wraithmaker drums.... I'll pass.

ETA: Find more regarding this rifle here

and   here

Questions?   [email protected]  
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 4:39:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow! its amazing how certain persons and or companies will outright lie to advance themselves or try to suppress their competition by making false statements about their product! I wont do that but I will set the facts straight.
1  The 460 alliance is not a 458 socom and does not use socom/starline brass, it is based on remington short action ultramag brass.

2  The 460 uses large rifle primers and the socom uses large pistol primers.

3  The socom has a rebated case head the 460 ALLIANCE does not.

4  Ballistics are similar with the 460 being slightly hotter and they both use a .458 dia. projectile
5  The socom reloading dies can be used for the 460 by simply changing shell holders to accomadate the larger case head.

6  We had several reasons for this mainly brass is readily available and cheaper, we thought our customers would appreciate that, paying less for brass and or ammo that gives equal or better balistics.

7  The rifles we build are very capable of 1moa accuracy just not shooting off hand with iron sights. I hope this helps to clarify the product.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 5:52:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Alliance Armament.

If you were familiar with them, you wouldn't do business withem.

Looks like they ripped all the work of Tony Rumor and Marty to make their own take on the 458 SOCOM to make their own proprietary copy.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

brass, reloading dies, and components will be on the shelf soon 2 reasons we went with a new cartridge are as follows,

By doing this we keep your cost of ammo and components substantially lower and yes the armor piercing ammo will be available very soon!

This says way more than you wanted it to.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 6:07:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would love to see a transcript of that communication....

Thanks.... but no thanks

By doing this we keep your cost of ammo and components substantially lower and yes the armor piercing ammo will be available very soon!http://

This says way more than you wanted it to.

+1.... nice work

You can't blame AA though.... it was worth a shot, no pun intended How are those drums and "reliability services" selling? You guys are burnt and will have to rely on the ignorant for business....

there's my $0.02

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#34]
They are selling great!, thousands sold and still selling strong, if you haven't noticed one of our competitors cut their price in half and ours are right where they have always been. Think about it... how are we able to advertise in magazines if wer'e not selling?
The s-12's do have their share of problems that is evident by the number of shops that offer a similar service and thats going great too.

The 460 well we didn't steal anything socom people were contacted we offered to pay whatever royalties they were polite but not interested so it is a free country right?
The socom brass has been on backorder for most of the year with starline, remington brass is everywhere and if you want to pay on average $20.00 more for socom ammo it's a free country.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

They are selling great!, thousands sold and still selling strong, if you haven't noticed one of our competitors cut their price in half and ours are right where they have always been. Think about it... how are we able to advertise in magazines if wer'e not selling?

The s-12's do have their share of problems that is evident by the number of shops that offer a similar service and thats going great too.

The 460 well we didn't steal anything socom people were contacted we offered to pay whatever royalties they were polite but not interested so it is a free country right?

The socom brass has been on backorder for most of the year with starline, remington brass is everywhere and if you want to pay on average $20.00 more for socom ammo it's a free country.

Yeah, almost 400 bucks for a drum that probably won't work well without your 180 dollar service.

Or people can get an MD Arms or Promag drum for 120 to 150 bucks and it will work fine with little or no fitting.

Why would you be granted a license for 458 SOCOM When you spent a good deal of time talking shit about one of the holders of that license because your S12 drum sucks and didn't work in most guns?

Fact is they didn't want a companywith such a bad rep ruining their work.

I think it is a great thing you made your proprietary round though. That way all the blame for a crap product lies with you.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Business as usual.... that's great. If you are making so much money then why not become a business member here or at saiga12.com ?
Could you at least pay for a bronze membership here? What a joke....

All I know is I have seen your (well... AA's)  activity at saiga12.com and on youtube (comments disabled, lol) in the past, and I find it unethical. I am a business owner (non-weapons industry) and my product speaks for itself. I don't have to advertise it, mention it, or mention my competition (if you want to call them that, lol). What a concept, huh? Just my opinion....

As far as the SOCOM round goes, I think they didn't want to be associated with Alliance Armament. You don't exactly have a shining reputation in the Saiga 12 industry. People know who you are and what you are about. That's just how I see it.

Speaking of cutting prices in half.... I got 5 MD-20s for $500.... and they work without grinding on the bolt carrier. How many of your drums can I get for that? Not even TWO, and they are on sale!!.... will you have to grind on my bolt carrier and charge me (~$150) for it to make the drum work properly? You guys are funny....

Whatever.... good luck

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Well lies flow freely on the saiga forum thats why we "stopped" advertising 90% of the complaints were fictitious and the few legitimate complaints were dealt with.

When someone refuses to send a product back but yet continues to bash it what does that say?

It was stated on the saiga forum that we were using socom brass by Mr. Rumore like he knew first hand for this to be a fact!

Our 12 gauge drums work just fine in s-12's right out of the box just ask Lone Star arms who is a s-12 forum business member they use our drums and I believe he has videos linked directly to your forum.

Youtube has many independent videos of our drums working great, like I said lies-lies and bitter so-called businessmen that should have a higher standard of ethics.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well lies flow freely on the saiga forum thats why we "stopped" advertising 90% of the complaints were fictitious and the few legitimate complaints were dealt with.

When someone refuses to send a product back but yet continues to bash it what does that say?

It was stated on the saiga forum that we were using socom brass by Mr. Rumore like he knew first hand for this to be a fact!

Straight from your site.....    The .460 Alliance is a brand new wildcat cartridge- Wildcat cartridges are formed from pre-existing casings, disregard markings on casing.
What are the markings on the casings?

Our 12 gauge drums work just fine in s-12's right out of the box just ask Lone Star arms who is a s-12 forum business member they use our drums and I believe he has videos linked directly to your forum.
I have seen many of his videos and I have only seen him use MD-20 drums....

Youtube has many independent videos of our drums working great, like I said lies-lies and bitter so-called businessmen that should have a higher standard of ethics.

Well.... what are the markings on the casings?

If you are going to come here and try to defend or push your products.... buy a bronze membership, at least. It would be the decent thing to do.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You have the core market of saiga owners against you.

I witnessed what your company did on those forums first hand.

I watched as members of your company got busted making shill accounts and posting false reviews.

You talk about ethics? Ha!

Next you'll start talking about integrity I suppose. Like those laughable YouTube videos where you compared your drums to MD arms drums.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#40]
The brass is remington short action ultramag we buy it in bulk and it is mixed currently head stamp could read 7mm or 300 RSAUM which doesn't matter for our purpose as it is reformed and trimmed both are commonly available most anywhere.

You are right and we are seriously looking into becoming an industry partner our only concern is malicious and false statements made by plants as long as these illegitimate attacks are dealt with it would be advertising money well spent.
We are not professional moderators we build guns the time spent dealing with web matters is time we are not spending building weapons.

REAL CUSTOMERS WITH REAL CONCERNS WILL ALWAYS BE OUR TOP PRIORITY THAT'S WHY WE ARE DOING WELL AND YOU CAN ALWAYS REACH A REAL PERSON ON THE PHONE DURING BUSINESS HRS.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Our 12 gauge drums work just fine in s-12's right out of the box just ask Lone Star arms who is a s-12 forum business member they use our drums and I believe he has videos linked directly to your forum.http://

Youtube has many independent videos of our drums working great, like I said lies-lies and bitter so-called businessmen that should have a higher standard of ethics.http://

You have the core market of saiga owners against you.

I witnessed what your company did on those forums first hand.

I watched as members of your company got busted making shill accounts and posting false reviews.

You talk about ethics? Ha!

Next you'll start talking about integrity I suppose. Like those laughable YouTube videos where you compared your drums to MD arms drums.  

I like the video where you can see the guy adjusting the round in the top of the drum through the ejection port to make the first shot feed correctly.....

That's what I want.... something that costs $380 and I have to finger it to make it work right on the FIRST shot

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The brass is remington short action ultramag we buy it in bulk and it is mixed currently head stamp could read 7mm or 300 RSAUM which doesn't matter for our purpose as it is reformed and trimmed both are commonly available most anywhere.

You are right and we are seriously looking into becoming an industry partner our only concern is malicious and false statements made by plants as long as these illegitimate attacks are dealt with it would be advertising money well spent.

We are not professional moderators we build guns the time spent dealing with web matters is time we are not spending building weapons.

REAL CUSTOMERS WITH REAL CONCERNS WILL ALWAYS BE OUR TOP PRIORITY THAT'S WHY WE ARE DOING WELL AND YOU CAN ALWAYS REACH A REAL PERSON ON THE PHONE DURING BUSINESS HRS.

So are you basically calling me a 'plant'?

I've been here a while, and the last thing I am is a shill.

Like I said, I saw your company and it's shills doing that stuff as it happened in real time.

It seems like you are baiting site staff to moderate our posts with the promise of spending money. Do a google search on your own reputation. It sucks.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Plant? I never owned a MD product until I bought 5 drums and 3 Molot style grips from them on the last preorder. I never even owned a S12 until late January of this year. I don't even use his gas plugs. I think they are a waste of money when the stock plug can be modded to work just as good if not better. I have no personal or finacial interest in MD Arms and I have never met any of them nor am I related to them. I do believe his drums are superior though. I wasn't around when the SHTF at saiga12.com, but I went back and read a lot of those old posts and I have seen a lot of the videos from AA and MD. It isn't hard to figure out what is going on with Alliance Armament.

I don't work in the firearms industry.

If you guys actually answer the phone then I will admit that is the one thing you beat MDArms at. Good job. Yes, you need to become a business partner and contribute here if you are going to interact with forum members about your products. That's how the good guys do it. Watch this.....

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#44]
This is exactly what wer'e talking about if you check those ip addresses you will see that they belong to pinnacle computer service,  which initially hosted our site which had a machine shop in the back of the buiding which is known as U.S. VALVES  they were running our overflow parts for our drums when we were too busy to keep up, greed entered the picture they wanted more money for the parts we cut ties for this reason and the owner of U.S. VALVES Brian Ricci was posting under mongoose and several other names on the saiga forum .
The valve business was not doing well  so They wanted a Piece of the firearms industry I know all this as fact because I used to work with Cameron Hadley who was also a valves employee who started choas in the back of pinnacle computer service and Alliance sold cameron his first gun and we have the 4473 to prove it he had no interest in firearms until he saw a little money.

IT IS SO RIDICULOUS JUST HOW MISINFORMED SOME PEOPLE ARE AND HOW THEY TAKE ANYTHING POSTED AS GOSPEL TRUTH!
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#45]
the statement was not directed to you personally thought that was clear guess not.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
the statement was not directed to you personally thought that was clear guess not.

It seemed that way. No big deal.

Link Posted: 7/7/2010 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#47]
None of my business really, but Jesus Fucking Christ...

What the hell does any of this have to do with the .460 wildcat converted AK?  It sounds as though it is a different, though similar, round from the .458 SOCOM.  Is it a copy?  Maybe, but why reinvent the wheel?  If it works it works.  If it is a better mouse trap based on another design, good.  Some of the listed features actually sound superior to the .458 to me.  Non-proprietary brass for one thing.  If the .460 wildcat cases can be made from readily available rifle cases, in true wildcat fashion, so much the better IMO.  At least you will still be able to load for it if the .458 goes defunct a few years down the road.  Honestly, I don't have a dog in the hunt since I have no need for either one of them, but just on a general firearms interest basis I say the more the merrier.

A Saiga mag saga from another forum?  I don't know about the drum mag issue and I don't care.  I haven't read up on the whole debacle on the Saiga12 forum either and don't really care to.

Even if the mag sucks, so what?  Some other very reputable manufacturers have also made flops before, so let it rest.

Move on.  Please.

If you want to continue bashing AA then at least do so on the merits of the product mentioned in the title of this thread, or take it off line.

If someone has something to say about the rifle conversion, good or bad, I'd be interested in reading it but the rest of this petty bickering is getting old.

I've been watching this go on for hours now and frankly I'm surprised the thread hasn't been locked already.

Like I said, it really isn't my business but I just had to stick my nose in it

Ok, so rant off.
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#48]
So....What are the physical dimensions of the .460 A cartridge and what are the ballistics  

And if I stuff one of my .458 Socom  in a .460 A chamber, will I  be surprised if it functions equally

Seems like you are comparing chicken fingers to chicken tenders!  Although, I claim the better of the two are made by Marty.

Link Posted: 7/8/2010 4:35:06 AM EDT
[#49]
I agree it got way off track, sometimes it just gets old !

The 460 is a true wildcat thats one thing I like the most about it abundant brass I can make, and to answer willz question if you try to put a 460 in a 458 socom it will get stuck case neck is thicker and case head of the 460 is much larger it wont begin to fit in the bolt face.

There is an exception in that if you have 458 ammo it will fire through the 460 but I do not recommend it because the extractor may not always catch the rim and it fire forms to a slightly larger chamber i.e more work when you go to resize!
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#50]
How much are spare extractors?

Tony
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top