Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/13/2015 12:21:57 PM EDT
Title says it all.  I am really curious why Yugo Surplus ammo M30 and M67 deviates by having a full lead core and brass case.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
That'd how they made it.

Or,  the Yugoslavia wanted some not rusting decent ammo.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Tito always had to do things differently; he never wanted Yugoslavia to be just another Soviet satellite state. I'm sure that's NOT the reason, per se, but I think it's a safe bet that's why they didn't follow soviet mold.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 1:09:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Just my opinion, but it probably had a lot to do with availability. Maybe brass was more readily available to Yugoslavia than was steel. I know that for a couple of years, they switched to steel cases, then went back to brass. But, again, this is just my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Because...

If you have uneasy realations with your neighbors, the politicians occasionally reexamine what works best, rather than what is cheapest.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Tito knew about the import ban and wanted to move the surplus, rather than sit on it after his death. IDK. Maybe they had better lead deposits.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 1:44:06 PM EDT
[#7]
The M67 round was an improvement on the M43 round in terminal ballistics. That is, it was more effective with it's copper jacket and lead core than the old bi-metal jacket with lead/steel filler in stopping power. The brass case was rust-free and sealed the chamber better than the steel case. Additionally, this combination turned out to be very accurate for military rifle ammo.
A number of countries have used brass cases for 7.62X39.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top