Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey,
New York,
Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee,
and Washington.

More information can be found at:

http://www.usavsus.info/US-AmmoRegistr.htm
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#2]
And to add, the Ammunition Accountability Act has been defeated or died in legislation in about every state that they have tried to pass it in.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#3]
The only entity still pushing for this is the compny that invented the technology. It is so 2008.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]
all this is, is more democrat, bullshit it will never happen. were to ppl think ther gunna get the money to inforce this.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The only reason this rumor manages to survive (and thrive, apparently) is that people get this in their email box, and then forward it without bothering to engage in 30 seconds worth of fact-checking first.  It’s yet another example of how gullible and easily manipulated the general populace really is.

I got this exact same email a few days ago from Gunclip Depot, of all places.  It amazed me that someone who is resourceful enough to run a successful gun-related business, was simultaneously dumb enough to forward this email to his entire email list (which I imagine probably had hundreds, if not thousands, of people on it.)  I wrote back to let them know that forwarding such emails is irresponsible, and suggested that they send a follow-up email acknowledging and correcting their mistake.  

Still waiting for that follow-up email…
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
all this is, is more democrat, bullshit it will never happen. were to ppl think ther gunna get the money to inforce this.

Where are they going to get the money to enforce this?

Well, if they make “Having a poor command of the English language” a taxable offense, you might be able to fund the entire endeavor yourself!  

Link Posted: 1/13/2009 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
This is pure 100% CRAP.  Please don't post this baseless manure here.  It has been posted time and time and time again.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#8]
StephenNW- Ummmm OK...... so back to reality, where are they going to get the money to enforce this?
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
StephenNW- Ummmm OK...... so back to reality, where are they going to get the money to enforce this?

You suggest we should go "back to reality", and then you seriously ask how they're going to find money to enforce something that is a complete myth to begin with.  

Does the word "irony" mean anything to you?

Link Posted: 1/13/2009 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#10]
im saying we go back to reality, to the ppl who actually think this could happen. And ask them a question that will hopefully, challenge them to think and ask theimeslves if this really could happen. Instead of coming up with fucking retarted little instigating comments that do nothing for this thread or anyone reading it.

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 4:17:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Never say never ( I do wear tin foil).
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Playing Devil's Advocate (Well sort of )

I know everyone is saying this is BS because basically there is no money for it (please tell me if I'm wrong here.) I live in NY and we just like the Federal Government have now been completely taken over by Anti-2nd Democrats. For the last several years this act has been PASSED by the NY Assembly but has been killed by the previously Republican controlled Senate. This year it is very possible that we will be the first with the law be put into action due to the fact that unlike previous years, when the Assembly passes the act it will go for a vote in our now Democratic Senate, run by known anti's then will 100% be signed by our Governor. Our Governor when in the Assembly tried to enact a law that stated Cops had to shoot firearms out of Perps hands instead of shooting center mass. Not joking here Gents. On the money front they introduced CoBis here years ago (While the State itself has been in an extreme deficit) which has cost us now nearly $30 Million and it has not produced even ONE conviction in the I believe 7 years its been around. Not only are they not getting rid of CoBis due to it just not working they now want to expand it. Nothing to do with money. They finally have the power after I believe 43 years of Republican Senate Rule and they will use it. The Anti-Gun Lobby is strong and with the Demowits in Control anything can happen. Just my $.02. Flame on but the facts speak for themselves.

Riese Out
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Dupe. There have been threads about this almost DAILY in GD and other forums.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top