Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2015 6:47:03 PM EDT
Slip 2000 EWL or EWL30 in a suppressed DI SBR?

Poll inbound

ETA: I use Slip 2000 EWL currently but my bcg dries out fairly quickly (it starts off dripping wet). It got me thinking, would the 30 version work better?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like the EWL30  but it's really thick or thicker in my opinion (tacky kind of). Not sure how it fares up north, but it's good to go in Florida. :)  EWL (std version) seems to be to thin for my liking.
I have so much lube in my search for Wonder Lube, and I grab it once in a while and apply... I typically grab what's at arms reach, while clean and lubing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I've not found Slip to perform well in suppressed ARs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
EWL works very well in mine, I wouldn't want anything thicker
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have only run EWL in mine.  It does seem to dry out after a few hundred rounds, but I have not had any issues.  I don't do the white glove cleaning on mine either.  I usually just wipe off the BCG or just reapply through the vent holes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've not found Slip to perform well in suppressed ARs.
View Quote

What works for you?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I use regular Slip 2000 on my AR's for the sole reason that it seems to keep the bolt wet longer than any other oil.  I haven't noticed how it does with my suppressor, but I'd be curious how the regular compares to the EWL.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:28:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies so far! Keep em coming! I want to here from more people on running their suppressed SBRs. If Slip if not for you, what do you prefer and why?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies so far! Keep em coming! I want to here from more people on running their suppressed SBRs. If Slip if not for you, what do you prefer and why?
View Quote

Mine is a suppressed 12" AR...
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top