Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2017 3:08:04 PM EDT
Loaded a spent case and could not get the bolt closed. Ran the case through a sizer die and still no dice. Seems to be hitting on the shoulder.

Anderson m4 barrel. Black rifle arms .136 bolt.....
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Full carrier closes on an empty chamber. I pulled the bolt and could push a case into the bolt gace. Ejector rod and claw seem to be working properly, full motion.

And like I mentioned, I ran the cases through a sizing die to make sure expansion wasn't an issue. And I don't see impact marks at the mouth that would indicate lenothing to be the issue....

I emailed Anderson to see if shallow chambers have been an issue.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Black rifle arms .136 bolt..... I have this bolt and when new I immediately removed the extractor to inspect, clean and when I slid out the roll pin the o-ring and ext. spring fell out as the spring wasn't seated in the recess for the extractor spring.  The bolt does measure out to AA's bolt specs on my sample of one.

eta: Op your first post said Alexander and the above post says Anderson, Anderson's supposedly have a .135 bolt face depth so the .136 bolt face may cause issue or if it's within its tolerance's.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Black rifle arms .136 bolt..... I have this bolt and when new I immediately removed the extractor to inspect, clean and when I slid out the roll pin the o-ring and ext. spring fell out as the spring wasn't seated in the recess for the extractor spring.  The bolt does measure out to AA's bolt specs on my sample of one.

eta: Op your first post said Alexander and the above post says Anderson, Anderson's supposedly have a .135 bolt face depth so the .136 bolt face may cause issue or if it's within its tolerance's.
View Quote
My bag, Anderson is the correct barrel. The information I found was saying it needed a type 2 bolt....which is supposed to be .136"
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#6]
It will close without the extractor installed in the bolt. So I pulled the o-ring off the extractor spring and it closes now. still a little tight. I'll take the o ring for test firing
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Nevermind...stiff extractor was causing the problem. Looks like it is going to beat on the brass pretty hard.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top