Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2016 3:13:50 PM EDT
Hey guys just built a new AR. Using Hardened arms 16" M4 1/7 Melonite Tactical 15" Quad Rail and Spikes Lower. Gun shot great the other day using .223 winchester bullets. Today I used 5.56 Independence rounds and every 5 or 6 rounds bullet gets jammed and I have to pull the charging handle really hard to release the bullet. It happened 5 times with just 2 mags. I attached a picture showing how there are the same markings on the case of the bullets each time it happens. Bullets are also bent slightly.

Do i just need to go back to .223?

Upper is suppose to be able to shoot 556 and 223 all day.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Your feed ramps are new and sharp, guess they're catching on the unpolished 5.56 brass case neck and had an easier time with the .223 brass, which might have been fully polished.  It'll wear in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
So I should just keeping shooting hmmm. Just didn't want to mess anything up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea looking at the 223 American Eagle rounds they are polished necks. Seems like this might be the issue.

Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top