Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2016 11:05:33 AM EDT
Apparently hanging out in BIY all the time insulated me from the bullshit that earned ARFCOM it's reputation for being full of rude, crass, disrespectful assholes.  I recently offered an option for manual action ARs in general, a design that a man living under the SAFE act contracted me to do.  The responses I was met with have completely soured me on this board.  Apparently I cannot actually delete my account, but I will not be coming back.  I have neither the time or inclination to go back through deleting all of my posts, so those will remain, but the popular AR-7.5 thread that I started with here will never be updated again.

Thank you to those who were decent folks here, who appreciated what I was able to contribute.  But fuck the rest of this board.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Sad to see you go.  I enjoyed seeing your creativeness.  Too bad a handful of bad apples spoils it for you
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Apparently hanging out in BIY all the time insulated me from the bullshit that earned ARFCOM it's reputation for being full of rude, crass, disrespectful assholes.  I recently offered an option for manual action ARs in general, a design that a man living under the SAFE act contracted me to do.  The responses I was met with have completely soured me on this board.  Apparently I cannot actually delete my account, but I will not be coming back.  I have neither the time or inclination to go back through deleting all of my posts, so those will remain, but the popular AR-7.5 thread that I started with here will never be updated again.

Thank you to those who were decent folks here, who appreciated what I was able to contribute.  But fuck the rest of this board.
View Quote

You are a team member...that is what the ignore button is for.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#3]
GD is popular but there is much more to this site, & the ridiculousness tolerated there doesn't fly elsewhere.

don't let the cheet-o dust fingered basement dwellers get to you. take a break if you need it, but don't punish yourself for their behavior.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, there are some here... I posted about 3 years ago about a woman wanting to talk to me about family problems. She happened to be a co-worker and good friend. Then the retards started questioning my Integrity about me trying to help her, so I fired back at them, and I got a warning for it,, while the Mod thought the scumbags were OK in their comments I guess.
But yes,, they are here. I don't hang out in general anymore...
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
GD here is pretty tame compared to a lot of sites.  Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]
This sounds remarkably a lot like the most recent southpark.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't leave.  I haven't been around long enough to know anyone's quailifcations or lack of but I know we can't let the good imformation guys leave because of a few dip shits. I thought this place was relitivly mild except for a few.  I use to frequent a hard core off road web site that was way worst but after a while I figured out who was the real deal.  They would attract anyone with a low post count.   Every gun, motorcycle, 4X4 web site has a general section and this seems to be where the cock smokers hang out trying to out do each other.  Stay.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The worst is the morons that realize you are in a restricted state and reply " just move". They don't realize that we as gun owners can't keep moving, eventually we would all be in the same state.

I have enjoyed your posts and replies. Please don't leave because of the jack holes.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I simply don't understand how low quality people choose to be.
What does it accomplish?

Sorry to see you go OP, very much enjoyed all you have posted...
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#11]
It sucks when people want abominations of good firearms, but ...... uh, I forget where I was going with this.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Marvin K Mooney
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#13]
You have to have a thick skin to post in GD.

If you don't then the tech forums are where you need to roam as a$$holes are everywhere.  I guess you aren't going to see this post though anyway OP.

ETA:. Arfcom is tame compared to many forums as well as highly moderated.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, by all means, please dont hold your breath. You know how that  scares mommy and daddy.

Just go quietly if its not for you. Join the reindeer games on another site.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GD here is pretty tame compared to a lot of sites.  Good luck to you.
View Quote

Dunno what other boards you hang out at but it is the wildest one on my rounds.  Gun, tractor and truck forums and nothing touches GD here, I just don't go there much and it doesn't really matter.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't leave. If you don't tolerate the BS well dont post in any GD threads and as a team member you can always use the ignore button. Or report them if they are personal attacks.

I would also suggest you never visit Pirate4x4. If you ask a question there you better have your ducks in a row or they will tear you apart.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know you from Adam, but what drama.

It's the Internet man. Sack up.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sad to see you go.  I enjoyed seeing your creativeness.  Too bad a handful of bad apples spoils it for you
View Quote

This. In any group there's always going to be aholes, especially over the internet. Sorry man.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just because it's the faceless Internet doesn't mean it's ok to be an ass.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#21]
You will be ok .
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Granted, but one should always expect a certain signal to noise ratio. When one doesn't, feels are likely to be hurt.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#23]
OP suck it up

Don't post if you don't want to occasionally hear mean things.  In real life not every idea gets a trophy.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Sixtysix, if you stay gone, you will be missed. I think i'm subbed to at least 3 of your threads.  Seeing others builds inspires me to get back into the shop.

Personally, I just stay out of GD and hang in the HTF and build forums.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I really enjoyed your AR 7.5 thread. Wish I had machining skills like you. Like others have said, it sucks that you're letting the shit heads ruin the ARFCOM  experience for you. Maybe just take a break and come back?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I really enjoyed your AR 7.5 thread. Wish I had machining skills like you. Like others have said, it sucks that you're letting the shit heads ruin the ARFCOM  experience for you. Maybe just take a break and come back?
View Quote

Thats the OP?

[darth vader]Nooooooooooooooooooooo[/darth vader]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

What really sucks is that the mods/owners of this site allow the ass hats and shit heads to treat others the way they do. I fully understand the need for constructive criticism and appreciate it on any idea I have had. But when that criticism is insulting and degrading, as was some of that directed at the OP in the post he spoke of, it is not beneficial to anyone. And makes some, such as the OP, move on to greener pastures. I'm on 3 forums regarding firearms. And this is by far, in regards to the subject at hand, the worst of the 3. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Why don't we take back the GD and stop the jack holes by calling them out? We would all have to do it and stand up for each other.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why don't we take back the GDdiscussion stop the jack holes by calling them out? We would all have to do it and stand up for each other.
View Quote

OR just stay out of GD.
Its a choice. If the shit talk annoys you, avoid it. I know that if I join a discussion there, I better wear my big boy pants.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Yep. GD is an absolute shit stain on this site.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Did everyone read the thread or just comment? If it is the one I read there was nothing out of the ordinary about it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Thread seemed tame to me.??? Sounds if maybe OP ventured into GD stupidy and was not amused.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#33]
OP needs a safe space.

EDIT: Not GD.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#34]
GD, is the wild west, if you venture in there make sure you have to guns drawn and your hip boots on, cause no matter what you say, there is going to be someone that is going to go nuts, GD is the High School Locker room and it lives up to that description,  What is nice is there is so many other areas on this website when the shit gets to deep, you can step out and play in the other sections.

Also as a team member, use what you paid for, if it gets to deep, use the ignore button, it works.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
OP  needs a fucking safe space.
View Quote

OP was butt hurt on the Internet.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yep. GD is an absolute shit stain on this site.
View Quote

but it's our shit stain.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#37]
GD really is the blight on this board.  I have seen many leave because of rude or douche bag remarks.  You just have to have a thick skin and march on.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I can't help but wonder how much money AR15 loses due to the rudeness as you put it. I know this site won't get my money. And that's a large part of the reason.

And "stay out of GD" shouldn't even be considered as a solution to the issue. Again, 2 pennies from a rookie AR owner. So, probably only worth .5 cents around here.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I can't help but wonder how much money AR15 loses due to the rudeness as you put it. I know this site won't get my money. And that's a large part of the reason.

And "stay out of GD" shouldn't even be considered as a solution to the issue. Again, 2 pennies from a rookie AR owner. So, probably only worth .5 cents around here.
View Quote

With the exhibition of your math skills and the whiney tone of your post, sounds as tho your ass is GD chapped along with OP.
How you spend your money is if no consequence to me, no need to threaten the site with your impending witholding of $$$.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:22:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Another added thought, remember,  not only is this a FREE site, but, imo, a great site. Putting literally thousands of buyers/sellers at your finger tips. Add in the industry partners who answer questions about products and the Mods who donate their time to babysit the dickbags that cant stand on their own word while constantly welching. The Mods sorting and scanning ads for shill posts and ads constantly in wrong forums. The thousands of opinions and tech expertise on this site.

Yeah, sounds pretty shitty. Think I will stay tho.

Nobody makes you engage in GD. Unfiltered free speech is the norm. If you are sensitive, or if you like to run your mouth without knowledge, stay out.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:25:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here, let me give you a buck and half to go along with your 2 pennies that way at least you can buy a soda.

I learned a long time ago, to not go places that make me mad, or make me uncomfortable and what is so nice about the internet, it is so easy to stay away from things you don't like.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

With the exhibition of your math skills and the whiney tone of your post, sounds as tho your ass is GD chapped along with OP.
How you spend your money is if no consequence to me, no need to threaten the site with your impending witholding of $$$.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:56:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfect example of what we're discussing in this thread. Someone has a different opinion/idea and folks pile on the insults, rude comments, etc. And what good does it do to stay out of GD to, as folks have said, avoid that sort of thing? This thread isn't in GD. So, once again, "stay out of GD" is not the answer.

As for threats. I made no threat. I stated fact. Huge difference. And how I spend my money shouldn't be a concern of anyone but myself. Unless, of course, you own a website that's in the business of making money from your members. Then, yeah, you should be concerned. But your concern should be mainly with how the actions of others, if left unchecked, can affect your wallet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Perfect example of what we're discussing in this thread. Someone has a different opinion/idea and folks pile on the insults, rude comments, etc. And what good does it do to stay out of GD to, as folks have said, avoid that sort of thing? This thread isn't in GD. So, once again, "stay out of GD" is not the answer.

As for threats. I made no threat. I stated fact. Huge difference. And how I spend my money shouldn't be a concern of anyone but myself. Unless, of course, you own a website that's in the business of making money from your members. Then, yeah, you should be concerned. But your concern should be mainly with how the actions of others, if left unchecked, can affect your wallet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Christ's sake. Do you even have balls?  If you are that sensitive join a home decorating site or something. POOR YOU.Pity parties make me want to puke.
If you and OP want to leave or hate this site, then I ask, WHY NOT LEAVE QUIETLY???
Skip the GODDAMN dramatics.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Christ's sake. Do you even have balls?  If you are that sensitive join a home decorating site or something. POOR YOU.Pity parties make me want to puke.
If you and OP want to leave or hate this site, then I ask, WHY NOT LEAVE QUIETLY???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Safe Spaces for everyone. The world is full of assholes if you can't handle it buy a cabin in the woods and build cool stuff.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Sorry to say, but after two pages, this is not a tech subject and probably needs to be moved, to the GD section.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Not s tech topic
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top