Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2016 9:36:29 AM EDT
I have an older lpk with the s/s hammer & trigger. I have read about problems resetting etc. Are they even worth messing with?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The rest of the lpk should be fine, put it together and if you decide you want a different trigger down the road you can always just change it
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have an older lpk with the s/s hammer & trigger. I have read about problems resetting etc. Are they even worth messing with?
View Quote

Mine stopped resetting after about 1000 rounds. The hammer would stick in the disconector. I replaced the fcg with a psa set off the EE.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Wonder if it's because the disconnector isn't stainless?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#4]
i have had problems with over 30.  now i dont mess with the SS anderson stuff.

i called anderson they said they have no issues.  send back the bad ones they would replace.....that means installing all of them to test.  what a PITA!

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the same problem.

I replaced the dis connector with a nib one and it fixed the problem.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a few that I had to push the trigger forward for a few shots, but it seems to have polished it's self now and works fine. You could polish it with a dremle I guess.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the same problem.

I replaced the dis connector with a nib one and it fixed the problem.
View Quote

I tried the parts swap game with another fcg and it got it working but my trust was lost. $20 for a fcg off of the EE is worth not having to worry about it acting up again. It works better as a bottle opener than a hammer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't complaine. Installed it and works perfectly. Didn't polish anything reset is very positive and the pull is only 5.5lbs. Guess I have to see if it holds up OK. By the way I purchased it about 2 months ago at rural king. Thought it must old stock because it came with the s/s hammer & trigger, but maybe not. Don't know if they improved them lately or not.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I quite like the SS FCG they used to have, but they don't seem to have it anymore.  The only issuewas that it seemed like a very heavy pull, so I put a JP Enterprises reduced weight spring kit in it, which was only 10 bucks, and it is pretty nice, for my purposes anyway.  I just target shoot and hunt, so I'm not going to put a $200 FCG in my rifles.

I have about 1000rds through it with no probs.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top