Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2014 4:34:47 PM EDT
Hey guys, thanks for stopping by. This is my first build and I would like to have quality parts which I can rely on but I also work on a pretty limited budget/income. I am open to any suggestions of different parts if y'all think that there is a substitution which I would benefit more from. I will use this rifle just as a range/truck/go-to gun. It doesn't need to be a tack-driver, just reliable and able to hit the target.

First off the only piece which I have purchased so far is just a standard stripped Spikes lower for $96 out the door at a local pawn shop.

Lower parts kit -
I was considering purchasing a Stag Arm LPK but I figured it would be in my best monetary interest to purchase this PSA Mugpul MOE LPK -
PSA Magpul LPK

Upper -
So far I have not found a better deal than this Spikes upper. A plus is that i would also macth my lower -
Spikes Upper

Bolt -
I think this AIM NiB bolt would fare me well for the price -
AIM NiB Bolt

Barrel -
This one of the parts I'm most concerned about. Like I said I don't need ridiculous accuracy but I also don't want a POS. I was thinking this Spikes barrel would be my best bet -
Spikes Barrel

Gas Block -
For the gas block I would like a low profile gas block. This low profile gas block is a little pricey, in my opinion, so maybe y'all will have another suggestion (Also I am unsure if it will fit my barrel) -
Vltor Low Profile Gas Block

Ran out of space --->
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Other Items -
I would like a Troy alpha rail because I love how the rail meets the rail on the receiver and also the modular ability but these rails are pricey.
For sights I would like to have Magpul MBUS but I also have a Trijicon ACOG laying around so this doesn't need to be an immediate purchase.
I believe any charging handle would work for me to begin with but eventually I would upgrade to a larger tactical latch.
And lastly I think I will buy a YHM Phantom Comp in the future.

Anything that you guys think I missed? Did I make good decisions with all these parts?
Thank you guys so much for your help in advance!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top