Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2012 9:31:33 PM EDT
Dumb question and probably covered a thousand times but a co-worker friend brought his new AA 16" upper over to my place today He had picked up a pair of Magpul MOE units and asked me if I could help him remove the old M4 handguards. Sad but it's been so long since I've removed a pair that I've forgotten how.
It would be appreciated if someone could tell me the the correct way and hopefully,without needing any tools.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Dumb question and probably covered a thousand times but a co-worker friend brought his new AA 16" upper over to my place today He had picked up a pair of Magpul MOE units and asked me if I could help him remove the old M4 handguards. Sad but it's been so long since I've removed a pair that I've forgotten how.
It would be appreciated if someone could tell me the the correct way and hopefully,without needing any tools.

The delta ring is spring-loaded. Pull down on it to take the pressure off the handguard.
Take off the bottom half starting at the delta ring. Then the same for the top half.

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info,DD. I tried that but obviously didn't use enough muscle on the delta ring.
Will try it again,tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info,DD. I tried that but obviously didn't use enough muscle on the delta ring.
Will try it again,tomorrow.

There's an inexpensive delta ring tool that makes it a lot easier.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the tool or use three hands.
The spring can be very tight on a new gun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 3:43:33 AM EDT
[#5]
You can use RUBBER COATED pair of large channel locks also.. just like the tool they sell..   use the HANDLE end (not the jaws)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top