Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2007 10:04:17 AM EDT
Just thought I would drop in and give an account of how Model 1 Sales treated me recently.

I was having feeding issues with my new build, using a Model 1 Sales upper.

I couldnt get it narrowed down, I used different ammo and magazines, still had occasional failures.

I decided to send it to them.

I called and got the necessary info to send it back and dropped it in the mail on Tuesday.

Today around noon they called me and the tech that worked on the gun spoke to me.

He advised he believed the upper was slightly out of spec so he replaced it and to assure I wouldnt have problems he set me up with M4 feedramps on the upper he was sending me back.

He test fired the upper and dropped it in the mail today.

He was very polite, honestly I didnt even expect a call back......that was refreshing.

Will give a further report when I actually get to shoot the upper.

He also addressed a few other small problems I had such as the rear sight being a little loose for my liking - he replaced it and advised its better.

Sometimes these guys get a bad rap here....so far Ive been treated very fairly.  Time will tell I suppose.
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I've purchased several things from them over the years and have always been treated well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a M4 kit about 2 years ago and the front sight was leaning to the right I believe and returned it they said they fixed it and sent it back but it was still leaning I tookit apart myself and tried straightening it the front post was pinned out of align so I sent it back again and wanted to swap for another and they said all they had were the same so i just went with a bull barrel setup and was fine then. they did pay shipping each time and were pleasent to deal with I just ordered another kit yesterday from them and feel confident that if there was a problem they would make it right.
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been dealing with Model1 since 2003, and all I've ever had is good dealings with them. Always been treated like there was a mutual respect between us instead of like i didn't know anything. They're good folks!
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I ordered a M4 kit about 2 years ago and the front sight was leaning to the right I believe and returned it they said they fixed it and sent it back but it was still leaning I tookit apart myself and tried straightening it the front post was pinned out of align so I sent it back again and wanted to swap for another and they said all they had were the same so i just went with a bull barrel setup and was fine then. they did pay shipping each time and were pleasent to deal with I just ordered another kit yesterday from them and feel confident that if there was a problem they would make it right.

Hmm, I didnt even think to ask for them to pay shipping......oh well, guess $14 isnt the end of the world.
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Good news.
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#6]
No problems with M1S for me either.
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had good luck with them for what I paid.  Not real high quality stuff, but priced accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess everybody forgets the crap M1S put out during the Y2K scare time frame, Many people to include myself had crap barrels that were reamed with dull reamers giving undersized chambers. This caused the failure to extract after about 50 rounds as the barrel heated up. Calls to M1S at the time had them calling everybody liars and not knowing how to shoot a AR-15.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I guess everybody forgets the crap M1S put out during the Y2K scare time frame, Many people to include myself had crap barrels that were reamed with dull reamers giving undersized chambers. This caused the failure to extract after about 50 rounds as the barrel heated up. Calls to M1S at the time had them calling everybody liars and not knowing how to shoot a AR-15.

Hootbro

I was unaware of that. But I would think a lot has changed in 7 years.
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hootbro

I wasnt into the gun scene back then....hell I was just barely out of high school then.

I see how one could look at M1S negatively after a situation like that....perfectly understandable.  Hell I wont even look at a Taurus firearm after some of the ridiculous shit they did to me.

This is exactly why companies should pay damn good attention to the people sending them their money.......1 bad screwup and nobody forgets.

I wont swear off M1S because of the above story....but I dont doubt that it happen.
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I was unaware of that. But I would think a lot has changed in 7 years.

To be fair, even the top tier guys like Colt, Bushmaster....... and others had quality issues due to keeping up with the Y2K scare demand. Only difference is that the top tier vendors would eventually make good. M1S, M&A and the other "bottom feeders" just did not care and had the attitude that once it left the door, it was your problem. It does seem of late that M1S has made some inroads in better customer service and quality. My only concern is that when the next big scare/ban comes a knocking, M1S and other lower tier parts houses will go back to old habits.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 6/3/2007 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#12]
In general, the only issue I have with M1S kits is that EVERY BOLT CATCH needs a minute with the Dremel to open up the roll pin hole a bit; the guns don't hold open on the last shot otherwise, regardless of magazine used.

GOOD build:  I built a Dissy kit from them back in 2004, and had no problems whatsoever;  the kit was fantastic, and accurate, but front heavy, so I sold it.  (Nothing on M1S, just the gun's style.) Maybe an A2 buttstock and a weight would've balanced it.

ALMOST perfect build:  I later built another M1S gun, this time a kit with a chrome-lined superlight 16" with a standard A2 upper, and an ACEFX shorty stock.  The gun is super light--LOVE IT!  THIS one, however, had a problem--I think I got the wrong front sight base, as I couldn't get POI low enough to even sight in w/ the front cranked up/rear cranked all the way down.  An extra-tall front sight post (and a nice upgrade to square, from round) fixed that for $15.

Planning another order as I type!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top