Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2015 9:54:51 PM EDT
I wanted to buy a laser unit that had a green and a IR and since it's my first time ever using one I didn't want to spend a fortune at first. I found these green and ir laser units made by 2 companies. 1 is called Vector and the other is ADE optics. They both sell the same exact unit which appears to be made in China. I k now China is almost always crap but they do sometimes make a decent product. So I decided to buy the ADE unit for under $90 . It actually seems to be inbuilt decent but not high end. It functions correctly and reliably. My question is has anyone here actually used one and put some rounds through it. I want to knowhow it held up and what your opinion on it is? I do plan to buy a much better unit but for now I just want to see how I like having a ir and green laser together
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No personal experiences with that particular unit, but my guess is it won't hold zero for very long if at all (my guess is it's designed for airsoft).

What kind of NV do you have?
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought this one off ebay for $36.

I think they are all made by the same company in China.  I just bought it for a range/plinking toy on an M&P 22 compact.  The mount is pretty weak.  It's just a little plastic nub that locks it onto the rail, I don't expect it to last long.

The light is bright, the laser is really bright.  I wouldn't trust it for anything other than some plinking fun.  I won't get to the range until Thursday to try it, but I'm not really expecting much.

It also didn't fit the M&P compact(the light is too long) so I had to use a rail riser so it would clear enough of the trigger guard to fit on.  Not a fault of the light but thought I'd mention it in case someone else bought it for a M&P 22 compact and wonders why it doesn't fit.

I think the best description I can give for it is it may be ok for plinking fun, I wouldn't expect anything more than that from it.

Batteries don't last long at all.  The ones that came with it died pretty fast.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:27:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No personal experiences with that particular unit, but my guess is it won't hold zero for very long if at all (my guess is it's designed for airsoft).

What kind of NV do you have?
View Quote

The unit the user above was talking about isn't the what I have.

Sorry for the very late response

Mine doesn't have a light just a green and IR laser. Its made of 6061 aluminum and the mount is extremely solid. The whole unit seems to be built extremely well but I understand with China stuff looks can be very deceiving.
I did a good bit of research to see If it was made as a airsoft unit but I can't find anything at all that says anything about airsoft and this product. The few companies that I've seen who sell them all state its meant for real firearms and state how well built it is and it is built well.

But as you said it may not hold zero. Just because its made of quality metal on the outside doesn't mean that the laser diodes are set solidly in place to withstand repeated recoil and that's my really only concern. I've only shot the green laser one time and It held zero fine but that's just one session. I haven't had the chance to test the IR laser yet. If it holds up continually then i definitely made out great.

The night vision I'm using right now is a 1x goggle from Luna Optics the PBG1 Pro. Its pretty decent with a good IR light. I'm hoping to move up in quality soon and when I can afford it

Here's a pic of the unit
" />
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top