Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2014 9:23:19 PM EDT
Have one on my newest build. Love the feel, but it doesn't hold in place. I have tightened the tension screw, but it always seems to losen.
Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Pardon me, but what tension screw?  I have SOPMOD in my hands right now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

There is one on the bottom of the screw on the release leaver, I'm holding one as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the roll pin through the nut/screw missing?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a good question. This is my 1st sopmod stock so i dont know how it's supposed to be.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There is one on the bottom of the screw on the release leaver, I'm holding one as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not a tension screw.  I am assuming he is referring to the tension of the stock against the buffer tube.  Correct me if I am wrong, that screw is used to set the amount the locking pin moves in and out of the holes on the buffer tube.  You can turn that screw in to where the stock will not move when the locking lever is pressed.  

I am assuming the OP is referring to the stock being loose on the buffer tube, as we all know the SOPMOD stocks are very tight on the buffer tube, unlike the cheaper commercial of mil spec M4 stocks.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinking incompatible buffer tube (dimensions)
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#7]
A photograph would help us understand as to what screw you are referring.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#8]
hmm, could be buffer size.

the stock locks in place for shouldering, but after shooting, it collapses right back in
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
hmm, could be buffer size.

the stock locks in place for shouldering, but after shooting, it collapses right back in
View Quote

Not sure it is the buffer size, as SOPMODs are on the military size, 1.14" and if it were a commercial tube, 1.17, the SOPMOD would not slide on.  The screw on the bottom adjust the depth of the engagement of the pin that locks into the extension tube holes.  Once the adjustment is set, proper depth, there is a roll pin that keeps the screw from backing out or in, keeps the depth correct.

Can you measure the extension tube dimensions?  

Is the extension tube new?  Excessive wear in or around the holes?

This is baffling, please post pictures, so we can see what is going on.  This screw is the only screw on the entire butt stock.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 3 LMT SOPMODs and they are all pretty snug.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top