Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2014 10:05:56 AM EDT
Took the new SureFire muzzle brake out for a spin two days ago and it was it awesome.  I noticed an immediate improvement in follow up shot accuracy.  Muzzle rise was reduced but not completely

gone.....definitely easier to manage.   I did not notice the brake pulling the muzzle downward like I have read some people say about other comps.  It may be a little louder than my A2 birdcage but not

as loud as I expected....didn't even notice a difference at first.  Recoil was reduced but more noticeable was the direction of the recoil and by that I mean i noticed the recoil coming straight back into

my shoulder instead of a "rising" recoil for lack of a better word.  I assume this is the result of decreased muzzle rise.  Overall the brake improved the performance of my rifle and I would reccommend

it to anyone.....especially for the price.  I paid $61.00 shipped.  I don't doubt there may be better comps out there but definitely not for $61 buck!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how it compares to the hybrid comps out there that reduce flash.

Does the SF reduce flash? From the looks of it I say no, but you never know.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#2]
They keep promising a 7.62
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder how it compares to the hybrid comps out there that reduce flash.

Does the SF reduce flash? From the looks of it I say no, but you never know.
View Quote

I don't have the brake as the OP, but the Surefire brakes are known for emitting awesome fireballs.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:07:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I have not tested the brake out in the evening or night time but I can't imagine it does much in the way of flash reduction.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have not tested the brake out in the evening or night time but I can't imagine it does much in the way of flash reduction.
View Quote
Yea

I figured that.

I wonder how it compares to the Miculek brake which is a lil cheaper.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#6]
First impressions:  Looks to be the same size ports as a regular MB556.  The MB556 works fine so this should as well.  I can see where they cut back on costs, comes in a cardboard box, crush washer, and simple instructions.  Looks like they're planning to release a flash hider along with this.  3P Eliminator Flash Hider. The finish is really rough with tool marks, and really shallow name engraving for PROCOMP and Surefire.  It is a pure basic form of the MB556, which is what I expected to get for $52 street for these.

In comparison to other brakes it is relatively the same size as the MB556's.  I threw in a Battlecomp BABC to show size relation compared to a Battlecomp 1.0.  Left to right - Spikes Dynacomp, Fortis RED, Rainier Arms XTC, Battlecomp 1.0, Surefire MB556K, Surefire Procomp, and Battlecomp BABC.  I'll be taking it out for some shooting and comparing to a regular MB556, and a Battlecomp 2.0.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Pre-drilled for pinning?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pre-drilled for pinning?
View Quote

Doesn't look like it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Unfortunately it's not.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Ran it a couple of days ago, shoots almost identical to the MB556 (as expected).  For the price, it is definitely hard to beat. Right now I have a mix of SFs, and battlecomps and I'll probably stick to them.  I still prefer the look of the MB556s but I think that the procomp it is a good option.  The price is better than most brakes out there and functions as good as or better than a vast majority of devices out there.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top