Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/27/2017 5:27:01 AM EDT
So I recently scored an EOTech g33 magnifier with the flip mount for $180. So I threw it behind my vortex sparc2. And the magnifier seems to sit a little high and sits a little to the left. This is the first time I've used a magnifier and was wondering if it actually matters. And if it does what can I do to get a good alignment.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#1]
There are adjustments to center the SPARC's dot in the G33, no?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are adjustments to center the SPARC's dot in the G33, no?
View Quote
Yes there are. I wasn't quite sure if those you actually compensate for the physical alignment or not.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#3]
If it is generally centered, it won't matter. You should zero at distance with the magnifier mounted since that is when you will need the sight zeroed the most. It might be off a little without the magnifier, shoot it and see. You can adjust the height by removing material or adding a spacer but there is no way to adjust the left and right that I know of.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes there are. I wasn't quite sure if those you actually compensate for the physical alignment or not.
View Quote
It is a non-issue. It can be absolutely grossly misaligned, and not have any POI shift issues, whether the dot is even centered, or not with the adjustment knobs. I have tested both physical, and adjustment misalignment so extreme the dot was barely visible due to 'scope shadow', and no POI shift presented, to a confidence level of 0.5MOA.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow that's amazing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, they do.  Center the dot and go to town.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is a non-issue. It can be absolutely grossly misaligned, and not have any POI shift issues, whether the dot is even centered, or not with the adjustment knobs. I have tested both physical, and adjustment misalignment so extreme the dot was barely visible due to 'scope shadow', and no POI shift presented, to a confidence level of 0.5MOA.
View Quote
Damn, that's pretty cool.  Didn't know that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Damn, that's pretty cool.  Didn't know that.
View Quote
I did this with a T2, other OPTICS may alter the outcome.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, mine sits behind a T2, so no worries.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well hopefully the sparc2 is close enough to the T2 I won't have any problems.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:54:26 AM EDT
[#11]
But I'm not dead set on keeping the sparc2. It's an amazing red dot for the price and a good warranty. I got it used for $75.

However if I could score an Aimpoint for a super deal I'd probably switch to that. Like a compm4 or a pro. Or a micro.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top