AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am sorry you guys feel that way. I am not trying to be rude. But truth be told the Eagle reticle and the ACSS are not the same. I am sorry I hurt your feelings.

-Dimitri
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've owned two (well three, if you count a mount) PA products, including the 1-6x and was underwhelmed by both - so to be completely fair it's not like PA was on my short list for any future purchases - but to be perfectly honest Dimitri's posts of late have all but guaranteed I won't  be purchasing any more.  I'm sorry but I agree with the other posters, Industry partners are great to have, but at some point you have to decide what is constructive support and what is just plain derisive commentary.    

I am sorry you guys feel that way. I am not trying to be rude. But truth be told the Eagle reticle and the ACSS are not the same. I am sorry I hurt your feelings.

-Dimitri

lol that sums it up pretty well right there.  No hurt feelings, and I don't think anyone ever said they were the same.  

You started out so well, but then had to throw out a zinger at the end.  A better response might have been  "... I'm sorry that I disagree on this" or something along those lines.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW, though they do appear to be pretty much the same scope, I agree that the PA has the best reticle of the three.  It really is a brilliant design, adding wind hold marks to the standard ACOG-type reticle, and throwing in a SVD-type height based ranging scale for good measure.  

However, it is kind of a non-starter for me, because if I want a scope for shooting dudes at unknown distances out to 600 yards, sub-$300 Chinese glass doesn't make my list.  I've just had way too many issues with Chinese scopes to trust one of them for any serious use.  However, having been there, I understand wanting to be 2A-ready but on a tight budget.  Chinese or not, it would definitely add a lot of capability to a rifle over just iron sights.  The concerns I would have would be with durability, and low light performance.

I wish that more high-end 1-(n)x scopes had this reticle.  Did you say something about licensing it out to another mfg.?  You should definitely pursue more of that... I think you have a real winner of a design.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:57:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Hello,

Has anyone had experience with this scope - Sightmark Pinnacle 1-6x24 TMD (SM13028TMD)? I like Mil/Mil option. They declared, that this scope is manufactured on japan works.
http://www.sightmark.com/sm13028tmd.html

Priced like a premium optic, MSRP is $1,439.99, but on amazon.com it is $755.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 2:34:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

lol that sums it up pretty well right there.  No hurt feelings, and I don't think anyone ever said they were the same.  

You started out so well, but then had to throw out a zinger at the end.  A better response might have been  "... I'm sorry that I disagree on this" or something along those lines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've owned two (well three, if you count a mount) PA products, including the 1-6x and was underwhelmed by both - so to be completely fair it's not like PA was on my short list for any future purchases - but to be perfectly honest Dimitri's posts of late have all but guaranteed I won't  be purchasing any more.  I'm sorry but I agree with the other posters, Industry partners are great to have, but at some point you have to decide what is constructive support and what is just plain derisive commentary.    

-Dimitri

Totally unprofessional and disappointing.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#7]
People sure do get their feelings hurt easily around here.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Primary arms is my favorite company in the industry. Marsh has done a great job to get where he is today. I try to order every part I can from primary arms. But dimitri is an idiot, I will never buy anything with the acss reticle because demetri is unprofessional. Seriously PA needs to get this clown on board with the rest of the staff
Before they ruin the business. Marsh admits the PA red dots are not on par with aim point and eotech, yet dimitri will tell you that the scope he designed is better than anything else on the market.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Natchesz has Bushnell Elite Tactical SMRS 1-6.5 scopes for $499 right now...a little high for 'budget' but also 70% off MSRP which is amazing

http://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-elite-riflescope-bushnell-elite-tactical-riflescope-matte.html
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, what a price cut!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I owned a Vortex Sparc which went bad. It would turn off under recoil.  I returned it to vortex and they sent me a new in the box Sparc II. At the time the difference in price between the Sparc and Sparc II was about a hundred dollars. I am very happy with Vortex and will continue to buy their products.

Bottom line is stuff breaks and if it is Vortex stuff they will stand behind it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Natchesz has Bushnell Elite Tactical SMRS 1-6.5 scopes for $499 right now...a little high for 'budget' but also 70% off MSRP which is amazing

http://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-elite-riflescope-bushnell-elite-tactical-riflescope-matte.html
View Quote

You just cost me $500
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You just cost me $500
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just cost me $500

aggh and i just bought a used one for 700
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Jerry Miculek uses and helped design the Razor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering world class shooters are switching to Vortex, I'd say it is good stuff.

What "world class shooters" would those be?

Jerry Miculek uses and helped design the Razor.

"helped design"?  Does that mean "I like it when this does this"?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:18:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Most are not even real they are marketing bots..or just hard core fan boys. The questions I brought up are legit concerns. Ranging and wind are always a factor. They are the main reason shots are missed in sniper comps and live engagements. I have shot the ACSS almost 5 years now and have never held center past 300 yards. There is always wind.. and not having wind marking,full height and leads for movers makes the Eagle reticle incomplete,  also having number  to know where you are on the BDC would really help.

-Dimitri
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most are not even real they are marketing bots..or just hard core fan boys. The questions I brought up are legit concerns. Ranging and wind are always a factor. They are the main reason shots are missed in sniper comps and live engagements. I have shot the ACSS almost 5 years now and have never held center past 300 yards. There is always wind.. and not having wind marking,full height and leads for movers makes the Eagle reticle incomplete,  also having number  to know where you are on the BDC would really help.

-Dimitri

I like my  300blk 1-6 acss scope.  I took a deer at 70 yards with it last year so no wind problems there.  I haven't had the chance to stretch it out past 100 yards yet though.  My only problem is that it's hard for me to trust.  The reticle turned in my first scope and you guys took care of me but I'm kind of waiting for it to do it in my replacement scope.  Are you guys redesigning the 300blk 1-6?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree. Its almost embarrassing having to watch vendors tip toe around peoples sensibilities. If a grown ass man gets himself worked up over someone making the statement "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings", then there are some psychological issues that really should be addressed by said person. This is an example of the effimate male that this society is moving towards.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's so good.

I've seen it in action. A friend managed to drop his rifle on concrete, strikefire first.... landed on the switch portion of the optic. Strike fire would still turn on but you could not adjust the brightness.  Called Vortex, printed shipping label, had a new strikefire in hand in less than a week, no questions asked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm so tired of hearing about how good the vortex warranty is.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

It's so good.

I've seen it in action. A friend managed to drop his rifle on concrete, strikefire first.... landed on the switch portion of the optic. Strike fire would still turn on but you could not adjust the brightness.  Called Vortex, printed shipping label, had a new strikefire in hand in less than a week, no questions asked.

delete
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We will make a Gen2  at some point. This new batch should be good to go, but if you ever have any issues we will take care of you.

-Dimitri
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Dimitri

I like my  300blk 1-6 acss scope.  I took a deer at 70 yards with it last year so no wind problems there.  I haven't had the chance to stretch it out past 100 yards yet though.  My only problem is that it's hard for me to trust.  The reticle turned in my first scope and you guys took care of me but I'm kind of waiting for it to do it in my replacement scope.  Are you guys redesigning the 300blk 1-6?

We will make a Gen2  at some point. This new batch should be good to go, but if you ever have any issues we will take care of you.

-Dimitri

What about a 1-6x with a standard reticle? Like on the 1-4x. I would have already bought 2 if they used a standard reticle (just my preference) Loved my 1-4x from you guys but had to sell it for another rifle. Which coincidentally, I put a PA 4-14x Mil, on it. I've been looking for something to replace the 1-4x that I had before, and figured it would be good to upgrade to a 1-6.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Good to know, thanks Dimitri.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I agree. Its almost embarrassing having to watch vendors tip toe around peoples sensibilities. If a grown ass man gets himself worked up over someone making the statement "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings", then there are some psychological issues that really should be addressed by said person. This is an example of the effimate male that this society is moving towards.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Only idiots can't see veiled insults. If you think calling someone out  for being impolite to a potential customer in a public forum is "effimate" (which is not a word, btw), maybe you should get a dictionary. Where I grew up, people were either polite, or got a black eye. Is that effiminate?

I'm sure the ACSS reticle is fine, but shooting past 300 yards with cheap glass is not easy or fun. Also, many shooters don't shoot past 300 yards, let alone moving targets past 300 yards. Talking about snipers and moving targets is silly in the context of the PA scope. What sniper, or anyone using the scope for moving targets, is going to buy a $250 low power variable chinese scope?

Why is a complicated reticle an advantage for target shooters and entry level 3 gunners? That seems to be the market at this price point. I can make hits on a Larue target at 300 with an Eotech and a little holdover. I'd rather have higher magnification for shooting groups, or a simple reticle for faster close up shots on a low mag variable.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Does the primary arms come with a illum. Duplex reticle in their 1-6 offering?

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm thinking of a PA 1-6 for my carbine, how are they holding up for you guys that own one?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm sure the ACSS reticle is fine, but shooting past 300 yards with cheap glass is not easy or fun. Also, many shooters don't shoot past 300 yards, let alone moving targets past 300 yards. Talking about snipers and moving targets is silly in the context of the PA scope. What sniper, or anyone using the scope for moving targets, is going to buy a $250 low power variable chinese scope?

Why is a complicated reticle an advantage for target shooters and entry level 3 gunners? That seems to be the market at this price point. I can make hits on a Larue target at 300 with an Eotech and a little holdover. I'd rather have higher magnification for shooting groups, or a simple reticle for faster close up shots on a low mag variable.  
View Quote

You must be another one of those marketing bots too. The ACSS is the only reticle on the market that matters. There is a reason why its going in the Acog. Without the ACSS you can not hit moving targets or anything past 300 yards,  and dont even think about going outside if the winds blowing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You must be another one of those marketing bots too. The ACSS is the only reticle on the market that matters. There is a reason why its going in the Acog. Without the ACSS you can not hit moving targets or anything past 300 yards,  and dont even think about going outside if the winds blowing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I love primary arms optics, but can't hit anything People have been doing it for decades.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, no hurt feelings here but from my position, Dimitri is now to the point  of hurting his cause. Repeatedly making the same point is not going to change anyones opinion. This is not his Industry forum and I for one appreciate opposing povs without him trying to talk over everyone or calling them pussies with his "sorry if I hurt your feelings" smart assed comment.

BTW, I used to sell Primary Arms red dots. Great company to deal with and their red dots filled the better segment of good, better best. Better than the cheap red dots with multiple colors and reticles but no where near an Aimpoint of Eotech.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

lol, no hurt feelings here but from my position, Dimitri is now to the point  of hurting his cause. Repeatedly making the same point is not going to change anyones opinion. This is not his Industry forum and I for one appreciate opposing povs without him trying to talk over everyone or calling them pussies with his "sorry if I hurt your feelings" smart assed comment.           Lol. Okay.

BTW, I used to sell Primary Arms red dots. Great company to deal with and their red dots filled the better segment of good, better best. Better than the cheap red dots with multiple colors and reticles but no where near an Aimpoint of Eotech.      Oh snap, you used to sell red dots! I'll make sure to consult with you first before I decide to buy a 1-6 scope which this thread is about.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, no hurt feelings here but from my position, Dimitri is now to the point  of hurting his cause. Repeatedly making the same point is not going to change anyones opinion. This is not his Industry forum and I for one appreciate opposing povs without him trying to talk over everyone or calling them pussies with his "sorry if I hurt your feelings" smart assed comment.           Lol. Okay.

BTW, I used to sell Primary Arms red dots. Great company to deal with and their red dots filled the better segment of good, better best. Better than the cheap red dots with multiple colors and reticles but no where near an Aimpoint of Eotech.      Oh snap, you used to sell red dots! I'll make sure to consult with you first before I decide to buy a 1-6 scope which this thread is about.    

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.....I only included that to point out I have no bias against them. My experience as a PA reseller was overwhelmingly positive. Rather than going out of your way to be a dick, you  should have noted I wasn't commenting on the content of his posts, just the repetition.

As far as taking my advise or not, you don't know anything of me or my past do you?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#34]
People on here are WAY to sensitive and combative sometimes.  Personally I really like the ACSS reticle!  It does a great job at doing what it is meant for.  Putting rounds on a Silhouette size target quickly at range.  Is it a precision scope, no but its not meant to be.  For a combat scope like the new TA31 w/ ACSS or entry 3 gun (PA 1-6x) the ACSS reticle is near perfect!  The only things I would have liked to see is the Horseshoe to be thinner, Daylight Brightness and better glass with a more forgiving eyebox.  For the price the PA 1-6x sells at it is an excellent value!  I dont think anything in that price point really touches it.  If the ACSS were in the new Leupold VX-6 with a thinner horseshoe I would snag it up in a heartbeat.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#35]
I see a lock coming

Nice job everyone
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Trijicon needs to put the ACSS reticle in the new Accupower scopes as well as the TA31.  I would be all over that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Trijicon needs to put the ACSS reticle in the new Accupower scopes as well as the TA31.  I would be all over that.
View Quote

Make the Accupower a 1-5 or 1-6x with the ACSS at its current weight and I would agree with you 250%
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#39]

I have designed a nice one and keep pushing for it lets see what happens
View Quote

SWEET!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Rather a strong, and might I suggest, highly inaccurate observation, there, sir.  MRAD and MOA specific reticles (and a good number of variations of each) with both hold over and hold off calibrations in standard units of either miliradians or minutes of angle do matter very much and are time proven, accurate, dependable, and are not dependent on load, velocity, bullet design or other trajectory variables.

I have nothing against ACSS.  It is, no doubt, a good reticle for those intending to hit relatively large targets with a very specific caliber and load, barrel length, bullet shape and velocity. But to state that it is the ONLY reticle on the market that matters, is, frankly, very (I shall be kind), ignorant of reticle design and use.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:06:05 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:13:30 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
600 yards using bdc .308

https://youtu.be/fqZmwIltr-0

700 yards using BDC 5.56

https://youtu.be/nxwaiDeXP8c

-Dimitri
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only idiots can't see veiled insults. If you think calling someone out  for being impolite to a potential customer in a public forum is "effimate" (which is not a word, btw), maybe you should get a dictionary. Where I grew up, people were either polite, or got a black eye. Is that effiminate?    

600 yards using bdc .308

https://youtu.be/fqZmwIltr-0

700 yards using BDC 5.56

https://youtu.be/nxwaiDeXP8c

-Dimitri
This thread is about 1-6x scopes, not 4-14.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:15:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Rather a strong, and might I suggest, highly inaccurate observation, there, sir.  MRAD and MOA specific reticles (and a good number of variations of each) with both hold over and hold off calibrations in standard units of either miliradians or minutes of angle do matter very much and are time proven, accurate, dependable, and are not dependent on load, velocity, bullet design or other trajectory variables.

I have nothing against ACSS.  It is, no doubt, a good reticle for those intending to hit relatively large targets with a very specific caliber and load, barrel length, bullet shape and velocity. But to state that it is the ONLY reticle on the market that matters, is, frankly, very (I shall be kind), ignorant of reticle design and use.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please report to base for sarcasm meter calibration.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Personally I have been waiting for Trijicon to introduce a ACOG with wind holds for a while... And I sold my TA31F since I could not adjust for windage easily on the fly.

So much for that, i spent all my money so i cant get one now... The ACSS looks like a good match for the ACOG and why hasnt trijicon done something like this already?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Well I find It impressive that PA is the only manufacturer actually here repping his product.

The reticle is awesome.  What power does the scope need to be set at for the bdc to work correctly?

The wind holds, why did PA choose 5 mph, or is it 8mph?
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top