Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/4/2014 11:48:31 PM EDT
Just saw this on the  Primary Arms website...

Aimpoint T1 form factor

2 MOA

50,000 hr battery life

waterproof to 100 ft.

Auto shutoff after 8 hrs

Auto awake (motion sensor)

Lifetime warranty (limited)

Why aren't we all talking about it???

On paper, this should be "THE" range toy RDS.

EDIT:

Glass looks a bit blue. I wonder how bad it is.

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:21:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Wonder if it fits t1 mounts? Specs looks good, I'll be a guinea pig order one in the morning after a visit to the bank.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Tagaroo.

Very interdasting.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#6]
The price is right, I'm interested to see some range reports before I buy
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#7]
So this sight can't be used at night?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#8]
aside from battery life (and auto-wake), what other advantages does this have over the PA micro dots?

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
aside from battery life (and auto-wake), what other advantages does this have over the PA micro dots?

View Quote

Life time limited warranty, but I don't like how it says that it's for day use as well as dusk and dawn.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I am new to this forum. I just ordered a a Holosun HS401 BAR yesterday. Shipped today. Does anyone know anything about that model? I only found out about Holosun yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Meant to say I ordered it direct from Holosun. First saw Holosun advertised yesterday on Primary Arms.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Here is link to Holosun site with all models and specs if anyone needs it.   http://www.holosun.com/
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I love the auto-awake feature.  Would still want a few things though:  a killflash, as well as a quick detach mount.  However, this will certainly be in my future.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#14]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G0xlmVMMr8

now i'm torn on what to get next.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#17]
That's good to hear. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for chiming in PA!

Can you tell us a bit about battery replacement or do a short video showing off the feature set?

...Like, is the mount "locked" to the RDS? Does the mount contain the battery and wiring? Do I have to unscrew the RDS and detach it from the mount in able to get to the battery? Once I get some info, I have no problem picking a few of these up. The low height model would be perfect for an economical offset 45 degree back up on a scoped rifle. Also, every 22LR I have would get one of these while I learn to trust it.

Looking forward to new/more info...
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Lancelot, the INFINITI HS400BAR Model I just bought said the same the about daylight, but I don't think it meant only. Perhaps trying to emphasize that the brightness level is such that it works well in daylight conditions. The model I'm getting also has a laser built onto the side which I think would certainly mean night use as well. The laser and red dot have separate elevation and windage devices of course. It ha 12 settings. 1-3 for night vision and 4-12 for daylight. It should be in by Wednesday. I can tell you more about it once I mount it and use it on my rifle. Just my opinion about the daylight issue.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll be picking one up.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes. That's it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes, I saw this too a couple of days ago when it first went on PA's website... I only saw one shot show youtube video - seems interesting. Looks like the price jumped from $160 to $170 already?
Will PA be running any specials on these sometime soon? I'll be a guinea pig. Also, what is the return policy if say, I end up not liking it and I want to send it back (in new condition, ofcourse)?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Do you have a kill flash that I can purchase for the PACRS Model in the pic you posted above. It looks just like the model I purchased but I didn't even know a kill flash was made for it. I saw some kill flashes at the Primary Arms web site but I didn't know what model number I should order since my model number is different than the model numbers you use. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks very interesting, Only suggestions I would make are, add the option of a kill flash at a reasonable cost and I wish the mount was QD and absolute with a shim for lower 1/3rd. If all of that was included in the box Id say $200 would be a good price point. Maybe we will see a PA labeled version with those options. Id drop my Sparc for something like that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Does this lose zero when changing the battery?

It's good to see the Chinese put some effort into low output LED's. They smoked the rest of the world in the high power LED market, so this is good news to me. I'll be really excited once this new emitter makes it into a variable.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It does not effect the internals of the red dot but you do have to take the mount off. It could shift slightly
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's good to see the Chinese put some effort into low output LED's. They smoked the rest of the world in the high power LED market, so this is good news to me. I'll be really excited once this new emitter makes it into a variable.

It does not effect the internals of the red dot but you do have to take the mount off. It could shift slightly

If it really is 50,000 hours of battery life, I don't think changing the batteries once every 5 years and having to re-zero the sight slightly is that big of a deal...
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#32]
i'll be back stateside in about a month.  i'll wait to see the MD-05L and red dot AA i bought before i decide on my next red dot.

if i like the MD-06 (versus the larger 'reflex sight' sight picture), i'll be buying this as well.

though i must admit, the decision would have been easier if:
-it was PA instead of holosun
-it was QD

at the speed PA is churning out new-great models, i'll have ALL PA by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If it really is 50,000 hours of battery life, I don't think changing the batteries once every 5 years and having to re-zero the sight slightly is that big of a deal...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly :)

Good excuse to take it all off and check it out anyway.....I'd change the battery out at least once a year.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 12:39:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was very interested until I read this. I'll wait for a future (hopefully Primary Arms) version that has it batter replaceable without removing the optic from the rail.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:58:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I was very interested until I read this. I'll wait for a future (hopefully Primary Arms) version that has it batter replaceable without removing the optic from the rail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it really that big of a deal with that long of a battery life? You could just change out the battery once a yea (which is what I do with my PRO) and not have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
With 50,000 hr battery life and motion detection/auto shutoff, the battery will hit its 10yr shelf life first.  Think about it, if you move the rifle every day to activate it (highly unlikely), 8hrs/day is only 2,920hrs/year.  Pick it up 2x per day, 8 hrs apart, 5,840 hrs/year.  It is almost battery-free for practical purposes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Is it really that big of a deal with that long of a battery life? You could just change out the battery once a yea (which is what I do with my PRO) and not have to worry about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, I heard Holosun is coming out with a solar panel version of the HS403 called the HS403C that runs solely off ambient light and only uses the battery when there isn't enough light.

There are plenty of Chicom crappy red dot clones out there, if Holosun is good enough for PA to carry and warranty, that means they have already checked them out and deemed they are worthy enough. That is good enough for me to try them out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#39]
50,000 hour battery life?

For $170?

Thats a game changer.

Make 'em in an absolute co-witness height with an integrated QD mount and I'm in for one.... Or three.... At least.

Good stuff!
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If you don't like it we will take it back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I saw this too a couple of days ago when it first went on PA's website... I only saw one shot show youtube video - seems interesting. Looks like the price jumped from $160 to $170 already?
Will PA be running any specials on these sometime soon? I'll be a guinea pig. Also, what is the return policy if say, I end up not liking it and I want to send it back (in new condition, ofcourse)?

Marsh & Primary Arms are as honest as the day is long....in my experience if he says it's so it is so.....one of the premier dealers in this business....imo & experience.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Marsh & Primary Arms are as honest as the day is long....in my experience if he says it's so it is so.....one of the premier dealers in this business....imo & experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im generally a very cautious person and would not be buying chinese optics were it not for PA/Marsh,I have absolutely no problem trying a new product from them..

Kudos

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Clearest glass on the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saw this on the  Primary Arms website...

EDIT:

Glass looks a bit blue. I wonder how bad it is.

Clearest glass on the market.

What level of sarcasm, 1-10,  is intended there?

How does it compare to the MD06 which I find similar to looking though sunglasses.

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:28:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Marsh, weren't you guys coming out with a t1 clone that had the same dimensions as the t1? Someone had mentioned with this new one you wouldn't have to use a different size mount to achieve 1/3 co witness, just use a standard t1 mount.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Io cover work?

I'll buy one once some reviews start rolling in.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Wow, that emitter profile looks great!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Any plans on bundling it with a different mount soon?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I decided to take one for the team on this one. Will update when I receive and get to test it out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top