Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2009 1:07:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 6:14:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Those look really really sweet.  Pretty tempting.  But I'll stick with my $85 for the pair MBUS sights.  I run an Aimpoint.  The chances of actually needing my BUIS are slim to none.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw the prototypes at last year's SHOT Show and loved them.  Waiting for my set now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Are these the same as the ones that Troy offer?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/25/2009 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 8:08:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Front Sight
As I alluded to above the The Diamondhead Folding rear sight works great with standard A2 and even hooded front sights. However, if you have the option of combining both the front and rear Diamondhead sights on your gun the results are even more positive. The corners of the Front DiamondHead shape fit so naturally within the corners of the rear Diamondhead aperture, which centers the front post automatically. Getting on target faster, more accurately, and with less effort gives the user a tremendous advantage especially when seconds count. Whether you shoot for enjoyment or as part of your profession the Diamondhead is a true advantage.
Professionals know that its the small details matter and the DiamondHead gets the details right. .
2. The front Diamondhead sight accepts standard sight adjustment tools as well as tritium inserts.
Quality and durability are second to none.

What if the sight post sits lower after zero?  Then if the user aligns the sight according to the corners the rifle will still shoot the same POI as before the post adjustment.
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been interested in this site for some time.  Thanks for the heads up.  They will be my next purchase for my AR.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 6:43:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I have been looking at the diamond rear sight for a while now and I think it is a great idea. However, I don't like the idea of the diamond front sight. You say that combining the front and rear sights will center the front sight post automatically, but it seems like it would center the hood in the rear sight picture, not the actual front sight post. The front sight post is adjustable, correct? That means it may or may not be centered in the diamond of the front sight hood. That was just my impression from looking at the pics and description. I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe there is a miscommunication. I was under the impression the purpose of the diamond rear sight was that it was easier to center the front sight post vertically and horizontally in the rear sight apature. I happen to think this is a brillant idea. But when discussing the diamond shaped front sight, you say:
The corners of the Front DiamondHead shape fit so naturally within the corners of the rear Diamondhead aperture, which centers the front post automatically
If the front sight post ALWAYS stayed centered in the diamond of the front sight, this would make sense. What was centered in the diamond front sight is now centered in the diamond rear sight.
But if the front sight is adjustable, like I assume it is, the front sight may be higher or lower in the front sight diamond, hence not centered in the rear sight diamond.
Now if you still sight in the traditional way and put the front sight post in the center of the rear diamond, then you are fine. But it seems that would negate the supposed purpose of the diamond shaped front sight.
Another problem I could see is in a high stress situation, the shooter might instinctively center the diamond front sight in the diamond rear sight instead of using the front sight post.
If I am off base or misinformed about any of this then please tell me.
I am not trying to bash your product, (In fact I think the diamond apature and the ranging front sight seen in the video are very innovative) I just wanted to understand the concept.
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 5:16:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I wonder if you could use a diamondhead on front and a Troy dioptic on rear
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 5:22:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Those look really really sweet.  Pretty tempting.  But I'll stick with my $85 for the pair MBUS sights.  I run an Aimpoint.  The chances of actually needing my BUIS are slim to none.  

I love the Aimpoint, but I've personally seen three of them fail.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top