Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2017 8:54:00 PM EDT
The 20 round PMag I’ve used for countless range trips has had some wear on the follower, to the point that while it feeds just fine, it won’t lock the bolt back when empty.  The follower has a big worn groove in it.

So, I need a replacement follower, but haven’t found one yet for sale.  I’ve seen Magpul replacement followers for metal mags, but not ones for their own mags.

Am I blind in my search?  Anyone know where to find one?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I could use 5 myself.

Never been able to find any either.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:40:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless something has changed, they don't sell replacement parts for PMags. And the straight 20s are out of production.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
DSG Arms has them right now, they are in stock but they are discontinuing them....buy a bunch of them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DSG Arms has them right now, they are in stock but they are discontinuing them....buy a bunch of them.
View Quote
Link please to the Magpul PMAG replacement followers?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The DSG Magpul followers are for USGI mags... not Pmags.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't Brownells have pretty much everything?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Doesn't Brownells have pretty much everything?
View Quote
Not replacement followers for PMAGS. Only Magpuls for USGI mags.

I'm in the same predicament, got a straight 20 that needs a new follower. No one sells a replacement. And the straight 20 is out of production, otherwise I'd just toss it in the trashcan and buy another. All my other pmags are gen II windowed, they haven't seen as much use and I'm tempted to pull a follower out of one of those and see if it can be made to work in my straight 20. At least a windowed 30 round mag can be replaced.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Besides not getting a straight 20 in return, what is wrong with just getting a warranty replacement direct from MAGPUL?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I've no doubt Magpul would replace it.
If it was defective, I'd send it back out of principle. But I got my money's worth out of it, and I ordered some M3 20s in tan on sale from Brownells for under $11 a pop.
It's just kinda unique, and it still works. If a replacement follower was available for a few bucks I'd buy one, but I'm not aware of any replacement parts for PMAGS.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Contact Magpul.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure if it will work,  the only web information said "Component kit for first generation PMags."   but hope it helps

http://www.jsesurplus.com/magpulpmagcomponentkitmag213-blkdc.aspx
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought not so long about 40-50 sets of pmag ( follower / springs ) kits. I'm glad I did cause I haven't seen replacement part kits for them since.....

Have never seen 20rd sets though , Magpul might be your best bet.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#13]
If I were in your shoes, I would try filling in the groove with some kind of epoxy. What have you got to lose?
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#14]
There are people all over ebay selling Magpul followers...
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Geez people love shit they don't make anymore.  It's a mag.  Toss it and get a new one.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#16]
If it was a regular Pmag they still make, you'd be correct. A straight 20 pmag is worth $25 today, and will be worth more tomorrow. Try modifying another Pmag follower to fit. First off, contact Magpul.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#17]
As mentioned, contact magpul.
Most likely they'll trade you followers, so they can use your worn one for evaluation after asking some basic questions like round counts, etc.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm in the same predicament, got a straight 20 that needs a new follower. No one sells a replacement. And the straight 20 is out of production, otherwise I'd just toss it in the trashcan and buy another. All my other pmags are gen II windowed, they haven't seen as much use and I'm tempted to pull a follower out of one of those and see if it can be made to work in my straight 20. At least a windowed 30 round mag can be replaced.
View Quote
I don't have an older 20 rounder, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 20 and 30 round followers are interchangeable. Since the 30 rounders are easy to come by, as you mentioned, I'd try to swap them out and at least see if they work. If they do, then Magpul would probably just send you a replacement follower.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top