User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Please don't speculate about what CProducts may or may not have known and stick to what has actually occured. I'm not trying to squash a discussion about legitimate gripes, but let's not go overboard.

Thanks,

dpmmn

No speculation.  I know what they know because I have informed them in writing (3 times) and on the phone (twice).  

Each time I have provided the measurements for functional magazines and the measurements for non-functional magazines.  

Each time I have gotten silence in response. I have also been sent more magazines with the EXACT problem.   I don't think there's (whoops, I am speculating there..) a connection between what's coming back into the warranty department and engineering/production.

Link Posted: 3/22/2009 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

When did you purchase the 20SS?
12/17/08  All 5 at the same time from 44mag.com.

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's the part that tweaks me. They HAVE to know this stuff doesn't work!

You really have to be kidding. Why would we knowingly ship product that doesn't work and offer a 100% GUARANTEE ON OUR PRODUCT. That just doesn't make any sense. I have postings with no problems with the 20 rd stainless and now I have some with problems. We are checking all of the inventory at C Products. And at the same time range firing. At this time, if you have magazines that do not function properly please send them back to the attention of Sara Davis. This issue will be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Larry

It didn't make sense to me either.  But I sure couldn't get anyone's attention when the defective replacements for defective products kept rolling in.  No one was interested when I had the measurements available to pinpoint the problem.

Nothing about the whole thing makes sense.  At various times I've received three defective mags to replace one defective mag.  I've received aluminum instead of stainless twice.  Twice I've received what I was told was someone else's order which I sent back.  Later I was told that one of those orders was actually mine but was the wrong product.  I've  had replacements arrive for replacements that were actually already back to me but both sets were defective.

It's even more difficult to sort out because none of the order numbers on the packing slips and invoices match the order numbers that show up in my account on the website.

I'd just like to have a reasonable dialogue with someone who both understands the tecnical nature of the problem as well as the apparently Byzantine ordering system.  I wouldn't have ordered the 20rnd SS mags in the first place if I didn't want them.  But they have to function..........

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Called 16:03 Central.  Left message and contact phone numbers.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I finally got my AR. So, I was finally able to get to the range to try the various mags that I have been buying.

All the Pmags, Lancer, Brownell's, Stoner, and GI mags work perfectly.

All three C-Prod 20rd SS mags had 100% problems. Not one functioned at anytime without some type of problem. Either the last round would pop-out of the mag when the second to last round was ejected or one corner of the follower would (slightly) stick out of the body and cause the bolt NOT to stay open after the last round.

The one SS 30rd worked flawlessly some of the time (50%). HOWEVER, if I loaded only 5 rounds, the first round would get caught on something and not load. 4 rounds- OK, 6 rounds-OK, 10 rounds- OK. Seems to be an odd number of rounds/loading from the left side problem.

The two Al 30 rounders had the same results as the SS 30rounder.

All C-Product Mags have the orange follower. All the C-Prod mags fit fine in my receiver (M&P15).

So when, I send them back - what should I ask for? 30 round SS v. 20 round AL v. different color follower?

I'd rather get my money back, but I know that is not likely.

I ordered C-Prods 01.04.2009, because at that time, it was one of three manufacturers that were recommended on this forum.
I would have NEVER ordered them, if I the feedback was as bad as it is now.

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Called 16:03 Central.  Left message and contact phone numbers.

Larry called me back at 16:45 Central.  We had a very clear and pleasant conversation regarding the problem.  

Larry knows exactly what causes the problem after examining magazines from the "reject" bins.  I don't think it's any secret that C Products has been very busy lately and it simply took a while to sort out the problem.  The problem was unique to the production process used for the SS straight 20's which was a bit more "hands on" and less automated than production of the more common mags.

C Products has taken steps to eliminate the problem.  As was suspected, the problem was a divergence of the weld line causing the magazine to widen at the top.  This was exacerbated by some dimensional issues with the followers.

Larry is shipping me some replacement mags and I will report back on function.  After my conversation I do not expect additional problems! (Blood pressure dropping...)

There is a disconnect between initial order numbers and shipped order numbers because one software system enters the order from the website and then the order is transferred to a different system for shipment.  This caused some confusion tracking my different orders.

I think we're on the right track.

Link Posted: 4/21/2009 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#9]
3 of 4 ordered in early Nov 08 have the too wide issue at top front of the mag.  Very consistent failure to pick up the 2nd to last round in a Remington 7615.  Will contact Larry.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#10]
left a message, no response.  I will just go ahead and send them in and ask for replacement.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
left a message, no response.  I will just go ahead and send them in and ask for replacement.

I'd wait until a solution is found.  You don't want to get defective ones back. again  That happened to me 3 times.  You will save shipping costs if you wait until they solve the problem.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:38:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:15:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Guys, C Products has a great rep for taking care of problems.  Contact them and your problems will be solved.

I've never had an issue with any C Product item, myself.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Cool.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Just received two CP SS 20's from a site sponser today. One is bad - the last round pops out, one is good. In comparing the two mags, the two rear grooves on the side of the mag are shallow on the bad mag. The good mag has deeper grooves. This controls side to side movement of the follower and controls the last round so that it does not pop out.

Larry
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#16]
M-614,
You probably have a 6.5 or 6.8 magazine.  That is probably the issue with you bad mag.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I just recieved 4 C-products mags today...30 rounders with the orange thingy that pushes the bullets into the upper reciever, teflon coated and they shore look purdy.

Now I have a stripped lower reciever, and 4 magazines..all pieces are wrapped in mil-spec plastic.

I have watched video's 'till I fall asleep, written more emails than I have fingers and toes, pondered cancelling my M1S order because I have not heard from them since my order confirmation in January, ripping (no,not really) my hair out wondering if I could have gotten my upper kit sooner...

I wish I had the luxury of complaining about a poorly functioning mag...

*sigh*
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Cancel it and call M&A.
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Has anyone received any functioning mags yet?
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmm.... I just checked some of mine... I have 4 old ones and 4 new ones.

The old ones have a lighter gray follower, and some sort of dry lube finish.. maybe black marlube?
The old ones work perfectly...

The new ones have black followers and a super shiny teflon finish... and don't hold the cartridges
very well.

*shrugs*

Sam
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd wait until a solution is found.  You don't want to get defective ones back. again  That happened to me 3 times.  You will save shipping costs if you wait until they solve the problem.

Per instructions posted on this list yesterday I e-mailed Larry Panka directly last night (after business hours). He replied at 05:22 this morning and Sara called at about 08:30 to arrange replacement magazines  with Black followers.  Apparently Black is good and Orange still doesn't work.. Hopefully everything will work this time.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Per instructions posted on this list yesterday I e-mailed Larry Panka directly last night (after business hours). He replied at 05:22 this morning and Sara called at about 08:30 to arrange replacement magazines  with Black followers.  Apparently Black is good and Orange still doesn't work.. Hopefully everything will work this time.

I bought 2 stainless 20's with the orange follower 30 days ago from 4 mag and they have worked fine. I do however have a 5 rndr from my Bmstr predator that is way to wide at the bottom and won't fit in my rifle. My Cproducts success rate has been about 39/40 mags all of which are less than 12 months old.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Black followers are not the answer.  11 of 12 mags would still allow the last round or two to jump out.  They have gone back with a video and photos for evaluation.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I purchased 6 20rd SS in March of this year through Midway, but had not yet opened them until I saw this thread.   When I checked them, the rear weld is visibly wider at the top and the last round is barely held in all 6.   The magazines have black followers.

Since this seems to be a known problem, is there a standard notation to use when returning these for replacement?
Thanks.

Link Posted: 6/24/2009 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I wouldn't return them until they come up with a solution.
Link Posted: 6/27/2009 3:28:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
left a message, no response. I will just go ahead and send them in and ask for replacement.

Make sure you send them to the attention of Sara Davis. The issues with the 20rd straight have been resolved and we will begin shipping next week.

Larry
Larry posted the above on 5-2-09

I spoke with Larry at the NRA SHOW here in Phoenix and he and Sarah both informed me that the issue with the 20 round SS mags has been resolved and that they are shipping replacements out as fast as they are coming in.

Link Posted: 6/27/2009 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I spoke with Larry at the NRA SHOW here in Phoenix and he and Sarah both informed me that the issue with the 20 round SS mags has been resolved and that they are shipping replacements out as fast as they are coming in.

I'm not holding my breath.  That's exactly what I was told right before the replacements arrived (for the fourth time!) and 11 of twelve had the EXACT same problem.  Absolutely dead silence since I sent them, photographs and a video of the problem back in a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#28]
I got my replacements Saturday. They work fine, and look fantastic. Thanks Larry!

Sam
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I just checked my SS 20 rounders, and have the same problem.  The two with orange followers pop the last round out, and the two with black followers are fine.  I just emailed Larry for a pair of replacement followers.  I'm sure he will take care of it.  44 Man
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I just finished testing the 9 magazines which arrived as replacements a couple of weeks ago.  They all work just fine.  Whew!  It's been a 7 month wait but I finally have usable mags.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top