Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2008 7:08:08 AM EDT
Simple question can it be done? I'm thinking I would just need to swap the follower, and spring. I'm interested in geting a 6.8 upper and do not want to buy new mags. Does anybody make a conversion kit?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Can just a few rounds of 6.8 be fired from a stock 5.56 magazine in an emergency or for quick test firing purposes?
Off the AR topic, but I'm considering buying/trading to get one of the new Ruger Mini's in 6.8. As far as I know, the only mags available for them are the factory 5 rounders. I was wondering if a regular higher capacity Mini-14 mags could be used for a few rounds in a pinch.
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I shoot 5.56mm and 6.8mm. In a pinch I have been able to shoot clean five round runs of 6.8mm out off my 5.56mm mags.  Any more than 5 rounds and the mag won't fit in the magwell due to spreading of the mag walls.

TG

Larry @ C Products answered your other question.  "NO!"
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top