Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2010 10:23:45 AM EDT
Just got my...hush...hush...CTD catalog.

They're selling BitterRoot Valley ammo.

Made in Montana. Not prohibitively expensive.

Anybody here use/try it yet?
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Ive ran close to 500 rounds or so through various AR platforms so far. 20" hbar, 16" carbine, 14.5 carbine, etc.

It's not match ammunition, but it is much better than other bulk reloaded, brass cased, suppliers out there that I've tried.

In my opinion, it's more accurate than Ultramax or Century in my experience through my rifles.

The stuff I've tried is 55 FMJ reloaded into 07 to 08 LC brass.

Bare in mind, I haven't chrono'ed any of the ammo mentioned above, but it sure seems that the BRVC ammo is loaded hotter than Ultramax for certain. It does burn cleaner than the other two manufacturers.

On another note, I inspect literally every round before loading mags and can say that the OL is much more consistant with BRVC than Century (which is horrible really with varying degrees of cunnelure exposed and loose bullet crimp / mangled case necks constituting 5-10% of a bag) and about the same as Ultramax in that deptment.

I understand that the amount of cunnelure exposed is not the best indicator of OL as the resizing stage affects the neck length, but it does indicate some sort of attempt at consistancy at least.

In a nutshell, it's good brass cased plinking ammo thats fairly consistant with above average accuracy that feeds, fires and ejects with zero problems in my rifles.

And it's affordable. It's not Black Hills ammo, but it could be the best value out there.

I bought my last batch here (Looks like they're out now, but keep an eye on them).

https://surplusammo.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=37_38&zenid=86ce86c4a4868f0f8c613d716646d776

It's got to be less expensive than Cheaper than Dirt is.

<You are so gonna get your you're ass kicked for that statement> -CTD
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Ive ran close to 500 rounds or so through various AR platforms so far. 20" hbar, 16" carbine, 14.5 carbine, etc.

It's not match ammunition, but it is much better than other bulk reloaded, brass cased, suppliers out there that I've tried.

In my opinion, it's more accurate than Ultramax or Century in my experience through my rifles.

The stuff I've tried is 55 FMJ reloaded into 07 to 08 LC brass.

Bare in mind, I haven't chrono'ed any of the ammo mentioned above, but it sure seems that the BRVC ammo is loaded hotter than Ultramax for certain. It does burn cleaner than the other two manufacturers.

On another note, I inspect literally every round before loading mags and can say that the OL is much more consistant with BRVC than Century (which is horrible really with varying degrees of cunnelure exposed and loose bullet crimp / mangled case necks constituting 5-10% of a bag) and about the same as Ultramax in that deptment.

I understand that the amount of cunnelure exposed is not the best indicator of OL as the resizing stage affects the neck length, but it does indicate some sort of attempt at consistancy at least.

In a nutshell, it's good brass cased plinking ammo thats fairly consistant with above average accuracy that feeds, fires and ejects with zero problems in my rifles.

And it's affordable. It's not Black Hills ammo, but it could be the best value out there.

I bought my last batch here (Looks like they're out now, but keep an eye on them).

https://surplusammo.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=37_38&zenid=86ce86c4a4868f0f8c613d716646d776

It's got to be less expensive than Cheaper than Dirt is.

<You are so gonna get your you're ass kicked for that statement> -CTD
Nice review and much appreciated.

I'm going to try some based on your recommendation.

As for CTD, they can <edited for lack of class - hide your dog mf'r> -CTD

Link Posted: 2/22/2010 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top