BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 9/6/2009 11:35:42 AM EDT
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1803

Anyone have information about Lone Wolf's Glock mag AR-15 lowers?  I really like the idea of using 9mm Glock mags since I carry a G-19.  But I've never been an Oly fan.

Anyone have any pictures of an assembled rifle built with one of these?

I hear that they can use just about any upper.  Anyone know what the scoop is?  Got any recommendation about which upper to get?  I'm looking at RRA's 16" mid length A4 upper, but if it is going to be a crazy wait then I may go with something else.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Very interesting.
It states " Accepts most 9mm uppers, bolt modification may be required. "

If most means Oly, forget about it.
But if most means Colt or RRA I will have to get one.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
In for more info.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
VERY interested in this, for when I get out of NY and have easy access to normally priced G18 mags (as opposed to having to get pre-bans, per NY laws).

I've got a 9mm AR now, that runs off Uzi mags, and it's without a doubt my favorite gun to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]
This is what I heard from the guy that I am getting mine from.

Received a phone call from them today, and was told that they work with CMMG uppers as well, but the bolt needs to be cut to handle the Glock mags. (since they angle differently than the UZI mags)

Colt, CMMG, ASA, RRA - Uses Ejector

OLY 9mm or 5.7 uppers - NO Ejector Needed in Lower
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmmm, color me intrigued
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 2:01:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I anxious to hear how they work too. I read somewhere around here that the Olympic Glock 9mm's do not work so good. One of those in .45acp work kick a$$ too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 3:19:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very interesting.
It states " Accepts most 9mm uppers, bolt modification may be required. "

If most means Oly, forget about it.
But if most means Colt or RRA I will have to get one.

I figured for sure that its designed to run with the Oly system, they assured me that it does run on the Colt system. If it does, it will kick ass. Plus it opens up the door for .357 Sig, and 40 S&W.

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 3:25:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone else notice they copied the pivoting style mag catch from the AR45 lower made by Justin @ cncguns?
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:20:17 AM EDT
[#13]
hmmmmmm
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:28:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I am interested.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:37:05 AM EDT
[#15]
NTA
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 6:16:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 6:42:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone else notice they copied the pivoting style mag catch from the AR45 lower made by Justin @ cncguns?

Yep.

However, I can see where two different folks can come up with the same solution/design when engineering this type product.

And, you have to admit, people have been clammering for this type of lower for quite a while. Why some one like Justin, or anybody else for that matter, hasn't jumped on this project sooner baffles me.

Hell, my 9mm suppressed SBR runs flawlessly, and I am considering this lower.

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Glad to see this made it to the light of day and is available.

Anxiously awaiting feedback on one used with a Colt-style upper.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if it will "really" work.

Wating..............
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That can run 147 gr hollowpoints reliably.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That can run 147 gr hollowpoints reliably.

My Colt setups with Metalform mags do that already and have for years - Metalform mags, Hahn blocks, and Ranger T factory or home rolled GD's.

My curiosity is mainly because I haven't really seen anyone run a Colt setup with the mag forward in the magwell and no feedramp.  I'm interested to see if they will feed reliably, if at all (with any ammo) - and just how much machine work will be necessary on the bolt.  It seems like a great option for those that want to run Oly style uppers though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Glock mags + RRA upper = nice! I look frward to hearing how it works out.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah your right, I didn't even notice until you said something about it. How is mag catch on the Oly glock lower?

If that is the case, It must have been copied from Todd Bailey on his USC - Grease gun mag conversion lower.....not an AR15, but indeed a pivoting greasegun mag catch.

Sorry...back on topic.

I may have to build another 9mm AR if this works well...parted out my last one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah your right, I didn't even notice until you said something about it. How is mag catch on the Oly glock lower?
Works the same as the standard AR mag catch.  Just angled and lengthened to work with the Glock mags.

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Works the same as the standard AR mag catch.  Just angled and lengthened to work with the Glock mags.

Is it on the same side?

Disregard that, I recalled incorrectly.  Not sure how the Oly lowers work.

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#28]
The Oly lower uses two levers/bars that run down both sides of the magwell. The levers ends of the levers/bars are pinched togehter to release the mag. Yes they do pivot but not by using the mag catch fence like on the AR45.

The mag catch on this 9mm lower is exactly like the AR45 mag catch but the catch itself is extended to reach the front of the magwell as the Glock mag catch slots are on the front of the mags.

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#29]

I wonder if the metal mag release will cause wear issues with factory Glock plastic mags?

CW
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#30]
This looks MUCH nicer than the standard lower with mag block and sten mags that I'm currently using with my Olympic Upper.....

Waiting to hear the verdict.

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 5:14:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Any update on this lower?
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm interested in the lower for the 40 cal option.  What's your guys take on the oly upper?  or are there better options out there?
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm interested in the lower for the 40 cal option.  What's your guys take on the oly upper?  or are there better options out there?

+1 for the other caliber options.

What about 9mm?  Which retailer has the least expensive 9mm 33rd Glock mags?  LW is $45/ea for Glock 33rd mags.  At that price I would have to stick with my current setups and Metalform mags.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

+1

I would love a solution for the 40 cal option. What barrel and bolt? Anything besides Oly available?

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about 9mm?  Which retailer has the least expensive 9mm 33rd Glock mags?  LW is $45/ea for Glock 33rd mags.  At that price I would have to stick with my current setups and Metalform mags.

CDNN is  ~$30.00.  Cope has the Korean for ~$20.00
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CDNN is  ~$30.00.  Cope has the Korean for ~$20.00

CDNN says $34.99 on their site for factory Glock mags and $14.99 for the koreans.  I believe dealer pricing on the factory Glock mags is currently close to, or even right at, $30, so if you can find them for ~$30.00, that's a pretty good buy.

For comparison purposes, 32 round Metalform mags are discount priced at $39.02 each directly from Metalform for quantities over 7.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks JB and KG.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#38]
As for Colt Vs. Oly style I believe I read somewhere that it can take either. Comes with the parts for both and a couple of screws can swap between the 2.

As cool as this is, for the cost and availability of mags I'll stick with the VM Hytech and unmodified uzi mags.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm in for updates, this seems perfect for those of us that already have 9mm glocks!

This lower is supposed  to be able to work with RRA/spikes uppers, correct?
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#40]
It looks like the bolt would need to be modified for the wider and possibly higher ejector.

The magazine most likely sits higher too since there's no mag block and that might be another needed modification to the bolt.

Looking forward to seeing some actual reviews.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Two words - Ronald Williams!

DI upper in .40 caliber would probably be an easy one for him.  It would use all standard upper parts and a 6.8spc bolt.

If they ever make one that takes Glock 21 magazines, my wife's not going to be happy with me (again)...
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DI upper in .40 caliber would probably be an easy one for him.  It would use all standard upper parts and a 6.8spc bolt.

If they make one that takes Glock 21 magazines, my wife's not going to be happy with me (again)...
WHO? For those of use not in the know. 9mm is an easy task, but I want to try doing an SBR in a 40cal.

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If they make one that takes Glock 21 magazines, my wife's not going to be happy with me (again)...
WHO? For those of use not in the know. 9mm is an easy task, but I want to try doing an SBR in a 40cal.

Sorry, I figured everyone in the pistol caliber forum had seen his posts by now.
Linky to Ron's thread
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they ever make one that takes Glock 21 magazines, my wife's not going to be happy with me (again)...

Is a .357 Sig DI upper practical(doable)?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Bag on the Oly all you want, I've had mine for over a year and it works great.  As the recommendation of Russell at Cav Arms I added a 9mm buffer.  I also added a RRA shell deflector and NM trigger, and YHM FF rail before I ever fired it.  I've put about 2000 rounds through it with two failures, both were failure to eject.  

As for the LWD lower, I see no provision for bolt hold open like the Oly has.  The ejector looks like a better design than what is in the Oly.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lower came today, Colt style 9mm bolt required alot of machine work to clear the feed lips of the magazine. Looks like it might clear a 40cal Glock mag though. No bolt hold open, lower had a few things that were not in spec. After a couple hours I was able to have a rifle that worked ok.

More machining than the normal ramping of the bolt?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Damn....I hoped I could get rid of the ole Uzi mags.    Oh well, they still work.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lower came today, Colt style 9mm bolt required alot of machine work to clear the feed lips of the magazine. Looks like it might clear a 40cal Glock mag though. No bolt hold open, lower had a few things that were not in spec. After a couple hours I was able to have a rifle that worked ok.

Would you be willing to post some pics please?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top