Page / 4
Posted: 10/23/2004 2:18:50 PM EDT

Edit to add: AR15 32Rd 9mm Polymer mag
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]
And What mag might that be?? The new Pro-Mag 9mm???
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know.  It's for sale on gunbroker
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#4]
looks like some sort of 9mm AR mag that's some synthetic material
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I do know that ProMag is making a polymer 9mm AR mag.. The only vendor I have that lists them so far is RSR, though they do not have any yet.. I have 5 on order so I can try them out, I hope they are decent??
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
coltshorty14,

Do you know if they will work with RRA/ASA mag block and will the last round hold open work?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Tagged.....

Must have been in the works for some time if Promag came out w/ it that fast after the ban......

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:18:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Does ProMag have a website?  Couldn't find one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#10]
If they work, and are durable, they should make a fortune.  At half the cost of the new Colt magazines, I'd buy a couple just to T&E.

It also let's you know how ABSOLUTELY STUPID Colt management is for letting an opportunity like this slip through their fingers.  They should have had guns and magazines ready to roll when the AWB expired.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If they work, and are durable, they should make a fortune.  At half the cost of the new Colt magazines, I'd buy a couple just to T&E.

It also let's you know how ABSOLUTELY STUPID Colt management is for letting an opportunity like this slip through their fingers.  They should have had guns and magazines ready to roll when the AWB expired.

This is Colt we are talking about.  They are just like HK when it comes to civilian sales.

Quoted:

Yes, they do, but it has not been updated yet.  All the stuff listed is for pistols......10 round none the less.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

www.promagindustries.com   (didnt see them here, maybe its the wrong site ?)

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.promagindustries.com   (didnt see them here, maybe its the wrong site ?)

That's the site..... must not be updated.  One could always shoot them an email asking about getting it direct....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
coltshorty14,

Do you know if they will work with RRA/ASA mag block and will the last round hold open work?

I don't know, I don't have any in my hands yet.. Don't know when I will be getting them either.. hopefully soo, shooting my 9mm carbine is no fun with 1 mag, and I WILL not pay $70-80 for Colts..

After studing the pic more, it does apepar to have the bolt hold open.. I also like the waffle touch..
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#15]
That thing looks great to me.....I want some.

Actually good timing for once....I have ordered everything to build my new 9mm AR...but the magblock and mags....this is exciting.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I just checked with the guy on gunbroker. They are NOT steel lined (not good, but not the end on the world). He doesn't know what mag blocks they fit....said he was gonna check with somebody and update his description.

Well, I just ordered 2 of them to check them out.....Like I said, I don't have a mag block yet....so I hope someone else gets theirs soon and lets me know what they work best in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Just got off the phone with a salesperson from Pro Mag.  I was told that the mags are for Colts.  So, I'm guessing that they will function the same way as colt mags.  Also, the mags will be out in 2 weeks.  I didn't ask too many questions because, the person I was talking to sound like they wouldn't have the answers.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, the "waffel" design is prob. not for just looks, but for structrual integrity possibly  

Well, time will tell if they hold up.  Their web site says they guarantee everything.  At least there is an option aside from notched Uzi mags.

I'll prob. wait a bit to see if the prices drop.  The $30.00 a mag is a little high, but the $25.00 seems reasonable.  I'd prefer if it was like $21.00......  

Edit-
I say wait for CDNN to get them.  Usually when they get something, the price *sometimes* gets better.....  I'm thinking if they are two weeks out according to Pro-Mag, then sometime in mid Dec CDNN *should* get some.....(I think they will).

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Mine are already sent....should have them in 2-3 days.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I would be very interested in seeing if this works out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#21]
These should be priced at $19.95..
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#22]
tagged for my pleasure
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I just closed a deal on an ASA (drop in from the top) mag block.....so. I hope these mags will work. I found a guy on the board that will add a bolt catch feature to it for a modest fee.

I should have my mags this week yet, so I will post better pics ASAP.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#24]
If anyone is interested in these mag, email me.. I might be able to work something up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If anyone is interested in these mag, email me.. I might be able to work something up.

Such  as?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Such  as?

Yeah, this sounds like a "Group Buy" if I've ever heard one.

Work something up and let us know.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#27]
tagged to watch for results
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I'd be in for a group buy if test results turn out favorably.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:01:47 AM EDT
[#29]
O.K.....got my 2 mags yesterday.

Very first impression......cheap crap.

After I settled down a bit and checked them out more in depth....They aren't metal lined like I stated earlier, you can squeeze the sides and they flex in and out. The follower is also plastic and kinda pops out of the mag tube a bit too far (like the real crappy Pro-mag glock mags) amd if you really tried, it seems like you could pull the damn thing out.  The floor plates seemed to stay in place pretty good while just doing normal things like loading and handleing.

The good part is they loaded easy and actually held a full 32 rounds. The outside dimension at the top taken from left to right bulged from .860 to .885 when loaded. I empted the mags by hand with a pen and every now and then 2 rounds would fly out when only pushing one.

My ASA mag block in on the way, so I didn't get to check out how they fit in the gun.

If they work perfect........even though they seem flimsy.....I would probably buy a few more. If they are 98%........no way.

When I saw the picture for the first time, Styer SPP/UMP mags came to mind.....not even close to the same quality.

I think everyone interested should just get ONE first.....then order more if you are satisfied.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks for the review Dude.  I'm not into flimsy magazines.  I was also hoping for something more along the lines of the steyr, or at least the quality of the Bulgarian AK waffle magazines.

I can't believe that some company hasn't jumped all over this.

If they build it, we WILL come.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#31]
If Promag would have made it higher quality....they would sell a ton of them.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#32]
I started a "Fire Mission" thread on the AR forum to contact Mec-gar about producing 9mm AR magazines.  They are the OEM manufacturer of magazines for many of the world's top firearms companies, and they produce the highest quality after market magazines.

All I can say is "Hit It"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Good one Rabbit..

I will sell anyone that whants to try one for themselves, 1 mag for $16.00 shipped.. I am getting 5 for testing, and they should be here soon, I will keep 2 for testing.. I will commit to no sale of them till I have them in my hand, also I will post them up in the EE when they arive..

Mike
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
O.K.....got my 2 mags yesterday.

Very first impression......cheap crap.

After I settled down a bit and checked them out more in depth....They aren't metal lined like I stated earlier, you can squeeze the sides and they flex in and out. The follower is also plastic and kinda pops out of the mag tube a bit too far (like the real crappy Pro-mag glock mags) amd if you really tried, it seems like you could pull the damn thing out.  The floor plates seemed to stay in place pretty good while just doing normal things like loading and handleing.

The good part is they loaded easy and actually held a full 32 rounds. The outside dimension at the top taken from left to right bulged from .860 to .885 when loaded. I empted the mags by hand with a pen and every now and then 2 rounds would fly out when only pushing one.

My ASA mag block in on the way, so I didn't get to check out how they fit in the gun.

If they work perfect........even though they seem flimsy.....I would probably buy a few more. If they are 98%........no way.

When I saw the picture for the first time, Styer SPP/UMP mags came to mind.....not even close to the same quality.

I think everyone interested should just get ONE first.....then order more if you are satisfied.

I got the one I bought in the mail today, and my first impression was the same as yours. My M16 is set up with my .22 upper at the moment, so I tried inserting it in my Colt one-piece block, unloaded. Wouldn't even insert. Unless I'm missing something here, these suck bad.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#35]
I guess I will wait till the next "fun" show and see if any sellers have one (and bring my 9mm block along).

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#36]
No surprise.  I've never seen a promag that didn't suck ass.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#37]
I've heard similar things to what are posted above.  I have a fairly good source on this topic, and have been told that ProMag is already re-engineering their mag design on this.  We will probably see a "re-release" in the near future.  I don't think I'll be playing however.  I like my real Colt mags too much and it seems no one can make anything close to them.  Haven't figured out why not, but it sure seems to be the case...

Link Posted: 11/17/2004 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#38]
I sent my 2 mags back...the guy I ordered them from called me yesterday and said that Promag has changed them (like someone else mentioned on this thread) he is going to send me the newest model. Say's he will get them in within a week. He also says that they are more sturdy, and will work with full auto...I assume they wouldn't work for FA before becsue they wouldn've melted...who know....I will try they new one. I'll post when they come.
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#39]
tag
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#40]
I saw a sample today of the new mag, I was told that  they changed the material. From what I could tell it seems pretty stiff but I have not handled the original design so I can't compare. It did have the last round bolt hold open. I figure I will wait a bit and order a couple to try out.

Doug
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I just closed a deal on an ASA (drop in from the top) mag block.....so. I hope these mags will work. I found a guy on the board that will add a bolt catch feature to it for a modest fee.

I should have my mags this week yet, so I will post better pics ASAP.

I have an ASA block.  Can you tell me more about the bolt catch modification?
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#42]
E-mail sent JIMBEAM!
Link Posted: 11/23/2004 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I have an ASA block.  Can you tell me more about the bolt catch modification?

I posted some pics of my modified ASA block HERE

Link Posted: 11/24/2004 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/30/2004 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Any update on the new design? Is it better?

S.O.
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 5:08:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Only update I have is that the guy I ordered from...and sent back to....that is now sending me new ones...blah, blah, blah.

They have been shipped. I should have the new ones within the next couple days. I will post after I get them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 7:38:12 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
tag

Me too.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 6:01:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Got the 2 "NEW" mags yesterday. Let's see.

1. They either have a different (now matte) finish on them or they are made of a slighlty different material...either way they seem better.

2. They definetly have a stronger spring in them...good thing.

3. The feed lips seem stronger/thicker, but I don't have the old ones to compare them too.

4. The followers don't pop half way out of the top anymore like the last ones...great thing.

5. When fully loaded (kinda, I only loaded 30 rounds instead of 32) the mag sounds like a damn baby rattle....lots of the lower rounds in the mag are rattling all over. Don't know if this is an issue, just down plan to sneak up on anything:)

6. I am going to test fire 30rds through each mag at lunchtime today....only one time loading for each...it's starting to cool off....it's 28.

I will post on reliability after lunch.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 6:57:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I will post on reliability after lunch.

pics too please
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top