Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2016 8:48:09 PM EDT

(Yeah, I know the PMAG is not right, its the only mag I have.)

Final list of parts:
Anderson Lower
Tactical Sh!t LPK
DPMS A2 trigger guard
Leapers UTG A2 Style Stock and Buffer
Magpul PMAG
Del-Ton upper, bolt, CH, HBAR,

$660 total.

I THINK I done good...

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/eXfOJ1T.png

Final list of parts:
Anderson Lower
Tactical Sh!t LPK
DPMS A2 trigger guard
Magpul PMAG

$660 total.

I THINK I done good...

View Quote

Nice but 1 mag?????? Come on sell old cds,beer cans and unused house hold items and buy mags and ammo! Im messing with you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If that's your first AR, you sure chose the perfect configuration. The 20" A2 is my absolute favorite.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You done GREAT.
What's your plan for the next build?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Im thinking a competition inspired rifle. If I get the job I am after, I could afford the A1 clone I want.

I found these guys, What a Country!

And discovered what Irony is... They are located in Commiefornia!

BTW using an old A1 style disconnectior in a new lower is mechanically and legally good right? If not I can just get a new trigger assy.

I just realized AR's ARE JUST LIKE POTATO CHIPS!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im thinking a competition inspired rifle. If I get the job I am after, I could afford the A1 clone I want.

BTW using an old A1 style disconnectior in a new lower is mechanically and legally good right? If not I can just get a new trigger assy.

View Quote

I have bought a few things from What-A-Country. Good guys to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not quite sure exactly what you mean by A1 style disconnector. If you mean an unmodified M16/M16A1 disconnector, then no, it is not legal in a semiauto AR-15 derivative. An M16/M16A1 disconnector can be modified to be legal in a  semiauto by cutting/grinding off the tail section that would engage the selector.

I believe an M16 trigger has to be used with the modified M16 disconnector, due to the disconnector spring being in a slightly different place than the semiauto trigger and disconnector. The M16 trigger should be fine as long as the other FCG parts are not unmodified M16 parts. The M16 hammer and selector can also be modified to be legally semiauto as well.

These days it is easier to buy a semiauto LPK. Modifying M16 parts was popular when surplus M16 parts were cheaper than semiauto parts.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, that is what I thought. I'll just get a new trigger group for it when I build it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Terrific build, I swear you guys are going to force me to build another A2 rifle. Damn it.

ARKAR
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Let us know how she shoots
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Got it sighted in last week. Shoots really nice, the hitch in the trigger worked itself out. Still having fits with the iron sights, just gotta get used to them. Went for a 50yd zero as that is the shortest range I have access to. I'll post some pics of next weeks range trips targets.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice!  An A2 will be my next build IF parts will be available after the election.  Where did you find your upper and was it assembled or stripped?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Very nice!  An A2 will be my next build IF parts will be available after the election.  Where did you find your upper and was it assembled or stripped?
View Quote

DTI (Delton) has the A2 uppers in stock. Not sure if they have barreled? Gunpartscorp has AH A2 uppers in stock also. Ive seen 3 Colt A2 uppers on the EE this week also. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/eXfOJ1T.png

Final list of parts:
Anderson Lower
Tactical Sh!t LPK
DPMS A2 trigger guard
Magpul PMAG

$660 total.

I THINK I done good...

View Quote

Nice looking rifle OP.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:20:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is a member in the EE who often sells large batches of A2 uppers. I've bought about 4 from him. Just keep checking the used AR15 upper section.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesome! You are making me rethink my 727 carbine build. I might need to build a 20" A2.

Welcome to the world of Black Rifle Disease or as we all call it BRD.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:16:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry it took a while to get back. I got the complete upper at Mid-South Shooters Supply.

It was cheaper through them than separate parts through Del-Ton.

Now I have a new problem. I need a spotting scope. My eyes are worse then they used to be.,...
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top