Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2014 5:47:39 PM EDT
Hi team,   I just received a take off barrel sold by Apex and I'd like to find out whom make it if possible.  The barrel is A2 profile, 20" long and is exterior and extension are both parkerized.  The bore and chamber are full chrome lined.  The barrel has been fired and had a pin FSB.  I've got to charge the camera and I'll snap up a couple pictures later but the only markings I can fine are either a C or partial O on the taper area at the chamber end of the barrel.  Nothing else that I see and I used a good flashlite just encase there was  a very faint makers marking some where.  Anyway just thought I'd throw it out to the crowd and see what you guys may make of it.

Donald

Added picture. I cleaned and installed the barrel while waiting on the camera battery to charge.  Here is the only mark I can find on the barrel any where.
Looking at it closely by enlarging the photo the mark looks like a capital G that lays on it side and and is poorly struck.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
O indicates chrome lined.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:19:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The G marking stands for green mountain. It is a subcontractor who makes barrels for colt. I have 2 6920's that have that mark. The O is a chrome lining mark. It looks like a colt to me but i don't know why it is'nt marked as such.  Michael
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I got one of those, the stamp is definitely a G

I'd like to know what it's chambered in, and am too dumb to figure it out, anyone know?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I pick up 4 of the barrels from APEX to use for some A2 builds.
All 4 barrels look new inside and out.
All 4 have the G stamped on them.
I bought 3 non-F marked FSB on EE  and 2 fit perfect. the 3rd one I will need to do a little fitting.

I am puttting together 2 A2's so far with them.

The other 2 will be made into C7's later.

RON
Looks like I bought 5 barrels. So, I will be building 1 more A2.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, Green Mountain makes sense.  I went with an A3 type build with some left over parts and a few new parts.  Barrel was not new but that's fine as I wanted to do a field used look build.  Bore was excellent however after a good cleaning.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
These barrels looks very relevant to my interests, but they don't have the FSB.  Can I take the one off of my DPMS HBAR and use it along with the pins on this one?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hi team,   I just received a take off barrel sold by Apex and I'd like to find out whom make it if possible.  The barrel is A2 profile, 20" long and is exterior and extension are both parkerized.  The bore and chamber are full chrome lined.  The barrel has been fired and had a pin FSB.  I've got to charge the camera and I'll snap up a couple pictures later but the only markings I can fine are either a C or partial O on the taper area at the chamber end of the barrel.  Nothing else that I see and I used a good flashlite just encase there was  a very faint makers marking some where.  Anyway just thought I'd throw it out to the crowd and see what you guys may make of it.

Donald

Added picture. I cleaned and installed the barrel while waiting on the camera battery to charge.  Here is the only mark I can find on the barrel any where.
Looking at it closely by enlarging the photo the mark looks like a capital G that lays on it side and and is poorly struck.
<a href="http://s631.photobucket.com/user/donws2/media/IMG_1377_zpsa99683e2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu34/donws2/IMG_1377_zpsa99683e2.jpg</a>
View Quote

Why does your gas tube look like it was installed backwards?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know how one would install a gas tube backwards but it is well used.  It came out of a M16A2 parts kit from TAPCO that I bought maybe twenty years ago.  The kits were complete minus the lower but beat up.  I've used different parts from the kit over the years and finally used the rest in this build.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Donald

<a href="http://s631.photobucket.com/user/donws2/media/IMG_1377_zpsa99683e2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu34/donws2/IMG_1377_zpsa99683e2.jpg</a>

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't know how one would install a gas tube backwards but it is well used.  It came out of a M16A2 parts kit from TAPCO that I bought maybe twenty years ago.  The kits were complete minus the lower but beat up.  I've used different parts from the kit over the years and finally used the rest in this build.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Donald

I have come to learn anything is possible from the members of this site!
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top