Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2016 6:34:22 PM EDT
Looking at Adams Arms but I'm having trouble figuring out what one to get.

Looking for one to work with high cyclic rate, possible suppressor host later, flattop, able to feed anything thru it including cheap Tula..

Will be used for SHTF gun as well as fun gun. Lower has Geiselle super dynamic three gun trigger so it will likely have high fire rate at times.. 5.56 NATO chambering..
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Adams Arms midlength EVO upper that has been flawless so far. Picked it up back in 2012. While I haven't abused it, per se, it has seen its fair share of 5.56 ammo. Haven't bothered running Tula/Wolf or any steel case through it, but that's what I presume the adverse gas setting is for. It's used in conjunction with a Geiselle S3G that is easy to attain fast follow-up shots. Should suit needs for fast cyclic fairly well.

ATW!
-Fox
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:36:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a traditional piston upper like most here.......I run an ARAK-21. Its a bit heavy but super nice. The long stroke AK style piston runs anything I put thru it and being able to swap from 5.56 to 300 Blackout in under 2 min is super nice. Minimal cleaning needed (well that's most AR pistons) is nice and 100% ambi is sweet for my lefty friends (takes about 20 sec to switch from right to left shooter set-up). Also love the side charging. Wont try n fool ya, its a heavy upper, but nothing I cant handle (unless you are a 90lb schoolgirl, perhaps). No Buffer or spring needed, so mine rocks a folding stock. In 5.56 (with the 16 inch barrel) the recoil feels closer to a 22lr then a 5.56 round. I also swap out the 16 inch barrel for a 12.5 inch (also in 5.56) and run it on a pistol lower.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Black Rifle Arms, all the way.  They have NIB coated BCGs with anti-tilt, external adjustable gas blocks, and good rail options.  I have one in 6.8 SPCII and I love it.  It has a suppressed setting too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're looking for a SHTF upper Black Rifle Arms especially if you want adjustability. Their CAPS system is easily regulated, can shoot thousands of rounds through it and you can still adjust it and the design of the regulator knob disperses heat so while the gas block will be hot as hell you can still touch the regulator knob and adjust with one hand.

https://youtu.be/3t23Oias_hQ?list=UUUG5PAZcmijRheTe-JmInYA
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:18:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an Adams Arms mid length that has never shot brass ammo since the day I bought it. I have a slidefire stock on mine for fun, so to say it gets a lot of rapid fire is an understatement. For absolute reliability I probably would have gone with an AA carbine length but I got a deal I could not resist on the mid length so thats what I have.

That said I have never had a FTF or any other malfunction on a steady diet of Tula and Wolf. Its a blast to shoot, the AA gas block has 3 stting full gas, partial gas for suppresed, and gas off. I have never shot it suppressed.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top