Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2016 11:37:32 AM EDT
Hey guys I need some help from someone who knows more about this stuff than me. I bought an AA Evo Ultra light carbine off Gunbroker. As typical the seller is a Dbag internet store and sent the wrong upper now I can't get ahold of him. What I got was an AA 14.5 mid XLP Tactical Evo. Now I don't shoot competition, but I wanted a lightweight piston set up for woods bopping and coyote hunting. I'm waiting for clearance on my suppressor hence the reason I wanted a piston. I don't really like the heavy profile, but the XLP is an upgrade from the 3 position system. Also it has the long Samson rail and I gotta tell you it seems like a pain in the ass to get in there and make the adjustment. So, long story short should I keep the one I got or start the fight to even see if I can get the ultra light upper or get my money back. In full disclosure I got $740 in this set up. Any opinions or experience are greatly welcomed. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Very true. I tend to follow that philosophy myself. I guess in my ignorance I wondered if by some chance I came out on the better end of this deal.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks but I got ahold of the guy. I'm going to go with the lightweight. Even with a can I think it will fit my needs better. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 12:53:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey guys I need some help from someone who knows more about this stuff than me. I bought an AA Evo Ultra light carbine off Gunbroker. As typical the seller is a Dbag internet store and sent the wrong upper now I can't get ahold of him. What I got was an AA 14.5 mid XLP Tactical Evo. Now I don't shoot competition, but I wanted a lightweight piston set up for woods bopping and coyote hunting. I'm waiting for clearance on my suppressor hence the reason I wanted a piston. I don't really like the heavy profile, but the XLP is an upgrade from the 3 position system. Also it has the long Samson rail and I gotta tell you it seems like a pain in the ass to get in there and make the adjustment. So, long story short should I keep the one I got or start the fight to even see if I can get the ultra light upper or get my money back. In full disclosure I got $740 in this set up. Any opinions or experience are greatly welcomed. Thanks
View Quote

Get your money back.

I have an Adams Arms XLP Carbine with a Samson rail and it's not lightweight at all. If you can build your own your own lightweight I recommend building one. If you have a vice you can literally do everything yourself and maybe spend $50 on tools to build it from scratch. It's a good learning experience as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top