Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2014 4:46:35 PM EDT
Hey guys, right now i have a 16 inch spikes tactical mid length gas AR. I have been looking around just for shits and giggles to see prices of AR's lately and i came across Adams Arms piston driven Ar's. Two of them have really caught my eye in price and style http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=411548769/ADAMS+ARMS+MID+TACT+556NATO+16+BLK+30RD     and   http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=716007392/Adams+Arms+Mid+Tactical+Evo+Rifle+30%2B1+223REM5.56NATO+16%22      
do any of you have experience with those rifles or can give me some more insight about if its a good price or worth even trading my gun into to buy one?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and in my limited testing so far it seems to be very accurate with Fiocchi 55 grain FMJ.  It also shot some 69 and 75 grain loads pretty well to.  I had a small issue with mine that a friend took care of for me and other than that the gun works great.  I like it as it is a nice change from the regular AR.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
do you have any of the ones that i linked or just another Adams arms rifle? and would you think selling my rifle i have now or trading it in for an Adams arms would be a start idea?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the base model Adam Arms rifle that I changed over to MOE furniture on.  The two you are looking at are nicer than mine but as to whether you should trade for them I will leave for another to answer.  I bought mine to add variety to my collection and I intend to run a suppressor on it once my tax stamp comes in.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Adams Arms are great rifles but you could the exact same AR for less.

Buy this rifle: Adams Arms Base Mid-Length
And this rail: Adams Arms Samson Mid-Length Rail

You are then into both for only ~$750 shipped.  Throw on the stock or grip of your choice and you are set.

ETA: Here is a picture of mine, I have around $850 in it.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
your gun looks amazing! but the only thing i was worried about with that is the blemish part, like what happens if i get a rifle that is totally fucked up then i am just out of 600$
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
your gun looks amazing! but the only thing i was worried about with that is the blemish part, like what happens if i get a rifle that is totally fucked up then i am just out of 600$
View Quote

Thanks

As far as the blemish part goes, mine had no blemishes that I could find and once the rifle arrives at your FFL you can inspect it and if it does not meet your standards have it shipped back to Bud's.  They are very good about that.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#7]
that does give me something to think about, but i am still going to more then likely lean towards just buying a the non blemish one. So shooting wise you love it no problems?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]
It shoots great, have about 500 rounds through her now.  If you are going to shoot it and not just put it into the safe then you will get cosmetic blemishes the first time you take it out therefore I would personally opt for the blemished rifle.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#9]
main use for it would be running it in 3gun events, range shooting and home defense if needed
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
main use for it would be running it in 3gun events, range shooting and home defense if needed
View Quote

I would definitely get the blemished rifle then as you will be using it quite a bit and the blems are only cosmetic, nothing that will affect function. That is if you actually get one with blemishes, mine seriously had nothing I could find.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#11]
My blemished rifle had a barrel that was not fully tightened.  After being unable to sight in several different scopes and mounting systems I took it to my friend who found the problem and remedied it.  The vast majority of them have no issues but occasionally one slips through.  I am sure if my friend couldn't have figured it out then Adam Arms would have taken care of it.  I wouild buy another one and as mentioned just look it over when it arrives at your local FFL dealer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#12]
What direction should I go, Adams arms upper or Rainier Arms upper with Adams Arms kit? Rainier arms has both. Does it just come down to hand guards?
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top