BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2014 7:29:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool! I'm pretty new to the idea of the early brown furniture, what is a fair price for one of these?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very cool! I'm pretty new to the idea of the early brown furniture, what is a fair price for one of these?
View Quote

Because of there rarity, especially just one side, I don't even know if there is a fair price established.  It's just whatever someone is willing to trade or pay for one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Because of there rarity, especially just one side, I don't even know if there is a fair price established.  It's just whatever someone is willing to trade or pay for one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That and cracks, paint stripped, wear, etc... all effect cost. I was thinking of taking a swing at it since I have a brown type A stock and hand grip, but don't want to get into a bidding war (no offence KYgunner)
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
None taken, interesting to say the least with 4 days left and 22 watchers.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a nice piece, no broken teeth or major damage.....I too have been watching to see what goes for.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm one of the watchers but am only watching out of curiosity.  Thank God I already have all the old furniture I need, because it has certainly NOT been getting any easier to find.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I average 20-22 watchers for every retro part I list. I have had to create a spreadsheet to track prices. They are going up so fast I can't keep track in my head anymore, I have to rely on Excel.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Not much longer now.  Has anyone got a chart or records of what these have brought? It'd be nice to know.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm gonna say it sells for $325.00, just a shot in the dark.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Can't see it myself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll guess...about half of what it would bring if it were a left!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Not much longer now.  Has anyone got a chart or records of what these have brought? It'd be nice to know.
View Quote
There was a right side, about two months back with a $200 buy it now on GB. I don't know if it ever sold. In Feb, a set sold off the EE for around $700 with a chipped off tooth. I hope we are both surprised and the price does go up. The one thing for sure is they aren making anymore.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll guess...about half of what it would bring if it were a left!
View Quote

Good assessment there.  

I bet there's some sets stuck way back somewhere. Maybe like fortis on the board come into. Let's hope all the parts always stay in hands of people who appreciate them. Idea of any getting toss makes me nauseous.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Another one in the history books. Mark it down,  $195.00.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well... Now I am one left hand guard away from a complete set. I'll be going brown, so if anyone has a brown and wants green/black or likes the wear pattern, let me know. I'm open to trades.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Make sure you show us when you get her cleaned up and all brown if you're going that route.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well... Now I am one left hand guard away from a complete set. I'll be going brown, so if anyone has a brown and wants green/black or likes the wear pattern, let me know. I'm open to trades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good purchase!  I hope you find the left one soon!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'll be going brown, so ....................
View Quote

Once you go brown they must put you down.

It's a sure sign of terminal RBRD.

You are FUBAR for sure!

FSM bless you mortal soul.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You are FUBAR for sure!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be going brown, so ....................

You are FUBAR for sure!

A sign of Terminus? If you arrive, you will survive.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I was pretty far off on the sale price, I thought for sure it would have brought 3 hundred and it only brought about 200.00.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was pretty far off on the sale price, I thought for sure it would have brought 3 hundred and it only brought about 200.00.
View Quote

Stupid me forgot the auction and didn't bid!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad you forgot!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Hand guard came today. Pictures do not do it justice. I'd say 95% of the green (maybe more) is still there. 70% of the black is intact. It would really be a shame to strip this one to brown. The cracks are hairline at best. KYgun did a great job of showing any and all flaws, maybe too good. Thanks for giving me the chance to own this great piece of history. Looking for a left or a brown set.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm glad it went to someone who can use it. I think you got a good deal considering how little tgese are ever for sale. knowing my luck bad more than good, I'll find a left now sometime, haha.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I just showed u and saw it.
I would have bid $250 at least.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#26]
No one ever asked me where I got this.

I attend Knob Creek as I usually do.
I saw a box of right hand handguards, picked the first one out and noticed underneath had some chipped off paint showing brown bakelite.  Of about 50, this was only one like it.

I paid 5 dollars for it. It was mid day friday. I would bet no one had touched any of these. It pays to poke through everything.

Good investment........

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#27]
So was the green showing, or did you strip the black off to expose the green ?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Exposed it for hand worn effect.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top