Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2012 2:01:00 PM EDT
Does anyone have the drawings for the A1 lower forging? I'm trying to secure a build of retro full fence A1 lowers and cannot seem to track any down. Nodak has been a giant help by not selling 80% or even 0% lowers so I'm doing it on my own, but need a little help here. Anyone ever seen one? I also currently run AutoCAD 2012 so if anyone has anything close or a work in progress in CAD that also help alot.

James
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone have the drawings for the A1 lower forging? I'm trying to secure a build of retro full fence A1 lowers and cannot seem to track any down. Nodak has been a giant help by not selling 80% or even 0% lowers so I'm doing it on my own, but need a little help here. Anyone ever seen one? I also currently run AutoCAD 2012 so if anyone has anything close or a work in progress in CAD that also help alot.

James

Not sure on the blueprints, but Novak was recently selling 0% a1 forgings that were slightly blemmed. I recall them being a good price. I'm sure if you shot them an email, they may have more. Good luck
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone had one on CNCguns.com a while back. but by the time i saw it the file was no longer available. heres a link for a A2 lower  http://www.cncguns.com/projects/ar15lower.html
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure exactly what type of info you are looking for...

Roll mark info & placement, or physical / dimensional specs for an M16 lower receiver?

Dimensional specs (blueprint images) can be found through a little work searching the Internet. (sharing them here is kind of a no-no so please don't ask)

As far as roll mark info & placement goes, I'm sure there are a number of members here that  can chime-in depending of which manufacturer's info it is that you may be looking for...

Hope this helps...
FlDiveCop71
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Roll mark info & placement, or physical / dimensional specs for an M16 lower receiver?

Dimensional specs (blueprint images) can be found through a little work searching the Internet. (sharing them here is kind of a no-no so please don't ask)

As far as roll mark info & placement goes, I'm sure there are a number of members here that  can chime-in depending of which manufacturer's info it is that you may be looking for...

Hope this helps...
FlDiveCop71

Roll mark placement would be a plus, ive got those for the charter arms lower but a colt one would be awesome!!

What im really after though is the dimensioning drawing for the A1 lower, a plus to that would be the forging halves dimensions. I plan on manufacturing some 80% A1 lowers for the retro scene that obviously don't already have roll marks on them, for the ultimate clone if you will and need these prints to begin.

James
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hope this helps...
FlDiveCop71[/

Whoops double post

James
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top