Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2014 3:32:31 AM EDT
Hey guys, I did a search and couldn't find anything on the FMXW group.  Does anyone have any experience with their uppers? Decent price for a short upper in 1x7 and melonite nitride.
I'm starting a build on a pistol and although I own an Adams Arms 16" and love it, I'm piecing together a pistol and could use some guidance.  
If not FMXW, best upper for the buck?  (note that I didn't use the over used term "bang"?)
Thanks for any feedback.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this it?

IMHO that is a complete rip off for $1050. And judging by your post count/join date I would also assume you are a shill.

You could build a comparable lower for probably $400 or buy a complete for around there as well.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#2]
take a look at JSE Surplus. they have a lot of 7.5 uppers both pre-made and custom (about 4 things u can custom pick)
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, so you are considering spending $1,050.00 for a 7.5" 1x7 melonite nitrided complete upper.  I am going to try to be polite here... Are you F'ing serious?  Have you done any research?  I own uppers that cost more than a $1,000 dollars but they also will reach out 500 yards and farther than I could shoot.  Let me ask you a question.  Just what are you expecting to be the effective range on a 7.5" barrel?  Let me answer that for you.  Not a $1,000 bucks worth, you will not be putting any tight groups on paper at 50 yards but your friends will think its a cool gun.  Go do some research on AR pistols.  Your complete lower should be around $400 bucks and that includes the SB15. A complete 7.5" melonite nitrided upper can be had all day long for $400 bucks and then you will need to get a set up BUIS and and an optic if you want one.  Do your homework.  I just finished building this one last week.  Good luck.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top