Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 3:30:20 PM EDT
I just picked up some 7.5" barrels (that came with gas tubes) and the gas system is shorter on them. I have other pistol length barrels that are .400 longer. What is up with that? Is there a standard on the pistol length gas system?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If you've put it on a receiver yet, have you tried to see if the bolt will engage fully? I imagine that there's some wiggle room with length built into the gas tube/key interface, but almost half an inch longer (since the block will be farther back) seems like it would not work. What's tube length like? Maybe it's correspondingly shortened as well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Never heard of a second length gas system on a 7.5" pistol barrel. Strange... wonder if that is why they sell them with the gas tube.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:29:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes it will work with the tube they sent with the barrel. The sad part is I ordered the barrels for an Adams Arms piston conversion and they wont work with it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#4]
eBay can help you off them, then get what you need. Trying to modify an AA piston conversion might get you into a never ending project.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Is a return out of the question? I'd be pissed that they deviated from industry standards without disclosure.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#6]
They are some of the nicest 7.5 barrels I have seen, chrome lined and include a gas tube for $100. I will just build them into standard DI uppers and use them. No need for me to return them.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top