Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/19/2015 10:29:28 PM EDT
http://siterepository.s3.amazonaws.com/2675/atf_response_letter_for_ar_pistol_pack.pdf
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
"...if intended to be shouldered..."

duh.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
also says,at least how I read it
shoulder just the buffer tube and its also a sbr

However,if a pistol assembled with an AR-type buffer tube or similar component; which in tum, redesigns the subject AR-type pistol to be desigred or redesigned and consequently intended to be fired from the shoulder; an NFA weapon as defined in 26
U.S.C. $58a5(a)(3);has been made.
View Quote

yeah whatever
now they just have no idea what they are saying
Im sorry but they can not tell me how to shoot a ar pistol, even with just a buffer tube on it
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Requesting Mods to pin this letter up as it has far reaching impact to all in this forum.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Who the F even writes a letter about that asking?!

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Requesting Mods to pin this letter up as it has far reaching impact to all in this forum.  
View Quote

This has already been posted and discussed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty much they're saying that if you intentionally bring anything up to shoulder the AR pistol, whether it's a bare tube or some other device, you have an SBR.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Really?  Because it's not pinned up top.  I had to research.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#8]
ill do what I want, thanks .dicks
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

that was the thordson saddle adapter thats sold with the caa saddle on it

I actually bought the thordson saddle adapter and they had listed the approval letter on there site saying its cool to use

but I never really read the letter, assumed it was like the old sig brace letter but now I may go see what it really said

basically if you use it to cheek rest its fine
unlike the sig brace that was mainly to brace your wrist

so the thordson may be better as it can already be against your cheek 1 inch away from shoulder and im sure if you snuck it closer no one would know

unless they get out a measuring device when your shooting how can they say its touching your shoulder
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pretty much they're saying that if you intentionally bring anything up to shoulder the AR pistol, whether it's a bare tube or some other device, you have an SBR.
View Quote

was this mentioned in any other letters to any other people,. the thing about the buffer tube?
never saw it before mentioned
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#11]
This "designed or redesigned" stuff is a slippery slope made of horse shit.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#12]
If all these tool factories wrote congress as much as the BATFE, I could have a Sherman Tank instead of a Ford Explorer.  :-)
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#13]
We should just overwhelm them with letters asking about shouldering various things attached to the buffer tube:

• a maxi pad

• small animals, such as Guinea Pigs

• a shoe

• a tub of Cool Whip

• another pistol, pointing backwards.  Yo, dawg.

• air

• etc, etc

And then after we get replies, send back another letter for clarification on each of them, asking what happens if we shoulder them but didn't intend to do it.

Edited to remove profanity, though this was GD when I clicked on it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We should just overwhelm those cocksuckers with letters asking about shouldering various things attached to the buffer tube:

• a maxi pad
  • a shoe
  • a tub of Cool Whip
  • air
  • etc, etc
And then after we get replies, send back another letter for clarification on each of them, asking what happens if we shoulder them but didn't intend to do it.

View Quote

i totally lost it when i got to "a tub of cool whip"....

thanks! needed a good laugh tonight!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Somebody needs to write the ATF about attaching a tennis ball to a buffer tube.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I want to see the reply to the inquiry about the legality of the use of the "tactical Fleshlight Module"...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Nobody needs to write more letters. Isn't that what got things to this point already?

If the makers want to got to court, they can try to get a judgment of declarative relief. It's the lawful way to take the ATF on with a judge to prove their actions are arbitrary and capricious. It's used as parts of the checks and balances with any regulating government agency.

Which is what the grown ups are likely going to do as it hurts their business they based on decisions already given. Getting all tweaked about it and whining isn't doing any good. Ask Thordsen, SB Tactical, SIG, and half dozen other companies who are introducing new guns and braces at SHOT right now this week at the show.

You think they are just going to roll over and walk away? They have money on the line and they're likely getting together - RIGHT NOW - in meetings. What may have been a preemptive strike by the ATF to slow down brace sales and get more stamp applications is quite possibly going to backfire.

There's a lot of posts about how they need to be taken to court - and it actually is that easy. It's been done before. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/01/foghorn/next-step-atf-pistol-arm-brace-decision-declaratory-relief/
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:47:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I want to see the reply to the inquiry about the legality of the use of the "tactical Fleshlight Module"...
View Quote

Putting a flesh light on a buffer tube is a 10 year felony mang.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:52:31 AM EDT
[#19]
We need to ban typewriters and word processing software!

Dear God please stop moes from writing letters to ATF!

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:27:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't think it was the letters, but the explosion in popularity of AR pistols due to these devices in combination with their flagrant "misuse."

The earlier rulings and opinions at least made sense. This appears to be a pure intimidation tactic.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#21]

However, if a pistol assembled with an AR-type buffer tube
or similar component; which in turn, redesigns the subject AR-type
pistol to be designed or redesigned and consequently intended
to be
fired from the shoulder; an NFA weapon as defined in 26
U.S.C. $58a5(a)(3);has been made.
View Quote

Redesigns to be designed or redesigned?  

I'll give them / for that one.

I agree with the poster above.  This is loaded with scare tactic BS, and no one will want to be the test case that sorts all this nonsense out.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:18:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have patience.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#24]
fucking ATF
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#25]
This letter writing campaign is the same as the Open Carry Tards.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Sometimes I hate being on this side.

Great job, now they've covered the shit I have on my pistol, along with everything else, or nothing at all; to include the buffer tube itself.

Thanks. I don't even blame the BATF&E? anymore. There's still a little bit of light in this room, and it's they keep using the word "intent."

Can't wait to log on tomorrow to see that 'intent' is no longer required to make this stuff NFA-ifying.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Ive decided to just go the SBR route to put all this shit to rest. I personally welcome a stock and vertical grip.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We should just overwhelm them with letters asking about shouldering various things attached to the buffer tube:

• a maxi pad
  • a shoe
  • a tub of Cool Whip
  • air
  • etc, etc

View Quote

I'm wondering if the letter  with the fleshlight  pics is what prompted the ATFs open letter about the sig brace. The thing with poking the bear is that sometines you get mauled.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

• a maxi pad
  • a shoe
  • a tub of Cool Whip
  • air
  • etc, etc

View Quote

IDEA
I am going to put a FLESH LIGHT on the end of my buffer tube with the intent of pleasing myself and send that in for clarification!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

IDEA
I am going to put a FLESH LIGHT on the end of my buffer tube with the intent of pleasing myself and send that in for clarification!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

• a maxi pad
  • a shoe
  • a tub of Cool Whip
  • air
  • etc, etc

IDEA

You're a few weeks late on that.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#31]
That man is a true American Patriot
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We should just overwhelm those cocksuckers with letters asking about shouldering various things attached to the buffer tube:

• a maxi pad
  • a shoe
  • a tub of Cool Whip
  • air
  • etc, etc

I think some dude did this with a fleshlight,
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

• a maxi pad
  • a shoe
  • a tub of Cool Whip
  • air
  • etc, etc

IDEA

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?s=66b41b0c46a396ec37eb717e240b7ce4&attachmentid=53119&d=1420739911
http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?s=66b41b0c46a396ec37eb717e240b7ce4&attachmentid=53120&d=1420739922

That's almost enough to turn me into a gun-banner...
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:06:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

• a maxi pad
  • a shoe
  • a tub of Cool Whip
  • air
  • etc, etc

View Quote

Umm, they already ruled "a void of air is the machine gun" so, I guess shouldering a pistol makes it a SBR and leaving a void of air makes it is MG
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:09:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah, we shoudl keep slinking in the shadows, having to cover up what our forefathers won for us so we dont' make a libtard uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:12:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That man is a true American Patriot
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:12:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

• a maxi pad
  • a shoe
  • a tub of Cool Whip
  • air
  • etc, etc

IDEA

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?s=66b41b0c46a396ec37eb717e240b7ce4&attachmentid=53119&d=1420739911
http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?s=66b41b0c46a396ec37eb717e240b7ce4&attachmentid=53120&d=1420739922

another new DU troll account?  WTF
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#38]
In some ways that sounds good, but if you travel a lot to different states, it is a pain in the butt. Having to submitt paperwork get approval from the BATFE.

Quoted:
Sometimes I hate being on this side.

Great job, now they've covered the shit I have on my pistol, along with everything else, or nothing at all; to include the buffer tube itself.

Thanks. I don't even blame the BATF&E? anymore. There's still a little bit of light in this room, and it's they keep using the word "intent."

Can't wait to log on tomorrow to see that 'intent' is no longer required to make this stuff NFA-ifying.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I actually bought the thordson saddle adapter and they had listed the approval letter on there site saying its cool to use

but I never really read the letter, assumed it was like the old sig brace letter but now I may go see what it really said

so the thordson may be better as it can already be against your cheek 1 inch away from shoulder and im sure if you snuck it closer no one would know

unless they get out a measuring device when your shooting how can they say its touching your shoulder
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with the SB15, when i get a good cheek weld the rear of the brace is only about an inch or 2 off my shoulder. Stand a ways off at the right angle and it even looks like I am shouldering it.

I dont undestand all this "poking the bear" commentary. Since when does an enforcing agency have leave to maul the citizens that fund it.....

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

The fact that an enforcement arm of the government can induce fear by arbitrarily changing the way it enforces already questionable regulation by simply changing its interpretation  should by itself be a very bad omen of things to come. The average American fears the IRS and the average gun owner fears BATFE and by extension the government that condones their actions.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ive decided to just go the SBR route to put all this shit to rest. I personally welcome a stock and vertical grip.
View Quote

I'm curious....what if someone really enjoyed shouldering their SigBrace, Phase 5 Tube or, a Thordsen Cheek Weld and decided to go the SBR route but once they've received the tax stamp decide to just keep shouldering their pistol with the SIgBrace, Phase 5 Tube, or Thordsen Cheek Weld?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

• a maxi pad
  • a shoe
  • a tub of Cool Whip
  • air
  • etc, etc

IDEA

You referring to me?  
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
yeah, we shoudl keep slinking in the shadows, having to cover up what our forefathers won for us so we dont' make a libtard uncomfortable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry... but Open Carry Tards ruined Open Carry in Florida. We had a bill that was ready to be passed and signed by the governor a few years back and these asshats ruined it.

Idiots like that also banned OC in the Washington State Capitol, and the morons in Texas are fucking everything up there too.

Washington State Capitol event that banned the carrying of firearms at the Capitol.

Texas locations that have banned firearms due to OC Idiots

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#43]
There is nothing retarded about open carry or people that practice it. What is retarded is the banning of, and the attempt to ban, guns.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Just because you have the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just because you have the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.
View Quote

Exactly. Some people just take it way to far. Just like in the "open carry stop" youtube videos, grow up and get a life. Lets march up and down the road with an assault rifle and wonder why they get banned in certain places.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

There is nothing retarded about open carry or people that practice it. What is retarded is the banning of, and the attempt to ban, guns.
View Quote

Funny witty screen name that coincides with GD's mindset on Unions, only seventeen posts, and defending OC Tards....

In before...

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just because your opinion is that it's not right doesn't mean the law should be negated on a whim.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Exactly. Some people just take it way to far. Just like in the "open carry stop" youtube videos, grow up and get a life. Lets march up and down the road with an assault rifle and wonder why they get banned in certain places.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I actually believe that it's not a good thing to flaunt guns as a way to antagonize the issue, or take it too far like you say, I also believe that the rule of law should stand regardless of whether or not a some overly sensitive pansies get scared or upset by the actions of those that like to flaunt their guns. Freedom via The Constitution should never be overridden by the fragile feelings of the week minded.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Funny witty screen name that coincides with GD's mindset on Unions, only seventeen posts, and defending OC Tards....

In before...

http://i.imgur.com/LLPQCJE.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In before...

http://i.imgur.com/LLPQCJE.jpg

Resorting to attacks on a screen name (which is an inside joke by the way), regarding my post count as irrelevant to the issue, and referring to people that are simply practicing a right protected by The Constitution as "Tards" does nothing but two things......1)Instantly place you in the Man Child With A Keyboard Category   2)Renders any future posts you "contribute" to the subject as null, void, and irrelevant.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#50]

http://i57.tinypic.com/28sodaw.jpg

Gotta love a well armed tranny!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top