Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/3/2017 6:39:44 AM EDT
Is Palmetto State the only game in town or does anyone else make a hybrid bolt carrier group that works with a KS47 build?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#1]
From the photo and description it would appear to be an M-16 (full auto) bolt carrier which should be easily available.  If you have their bolt and since they show that they are out, I would ask them for a solution.

I need to learn to read, Is their bolt a unique design (as some other manufacturers) or just a different alloy/heat treat?  Aim Surplus has a .125 depth bolt carrier assembly that has a pretty good reputation in the same alloy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the bolt carrier is cut to accept AK mags and AR mags.  The  7.62X39 mags that fit into a regular AR lower use a standard bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a shop I got into contact with that will mill any BCG to work with KS47/AK mags. It's like $35
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Modified AR15 bolt carriers for working with AK mags in 7.62x39 conversions have been a thing dating back at least a decade now, especially looking at the MGI stuff, as well as the thinner-walled upper receiver that allows the fat AK lips to seat fully.

Major step backwards in a design that has last round hold open, but some people who have a bunch of AK mags like this route.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use modified full auto carriers as I'm using them with a RDIAS.  I've used those carriers in the original AR-47 lower and the MGI lower.
I bought a KS-47 upper complete with BCG and my old modified carriers work fine in the KS-47 upper. (as does the KS-47 hybrid BCG that came with the upper).
MGI also sells carrier that works with AK mags. MGI
I don't see why it wouldn't work but I've never bought one since it states on their site they are semi only.
View Quote

I bought their (MGI) bolt carrier and a 7.62X39 enhanced bolt from someone else.  Just need a rail system to complete my upper.

Edit:  My MGI bolt carrier arrived today and it is indeed a very nice part that works really well.  My bolt will be here tomorrow from Right to Bear Arms
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top