Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/25/2015 3:54:53 PM EDT
I have the M5 upper/ lower set and trying to decide on hand guards.The Fortis Switch for the 308 got my eye. Will it match up correctly? It says DPMS high profile which should match up, wanted peoples opinion on it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
My other concern is I want to run 45 degree irons with my optics, would it be an issue returning to zero?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:34:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Fortis Switch on an Aero M5... Huge fan! Fits great, no issues.

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l639/cj5isalive664/IMG_20150425_174033788.jpg[/URL][/img]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:21:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the Luth-AR stock too. What size rail, and barrel? I have Rainiers 18" match barrel coming and was thinking the 14" Fortis would be a good fit. One last question. I have a Gem State Armorers wrench, would it tighten the barrel nut or do I need to purchase the wrench?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Lines up great on my M5.

Not sure I would use it to put a front sight on though. You kinda have to line it up every time you remove it and put it back on.

I'm going to swap mine between my 308 and 7mm08 uppers. You can buy extra barrel nuts from Fortis.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lines up great on my M5.

Not sure I would use it to put a front sight on though. You kinda have to line it up every time you remove it and put it back on.

I'm going to swap mine between my 308 and 7mm08 uppers. You can buy extra barrel nuts from Fortis.
View Quote

I thought having irons would be a problem. It wont be taken off very often, maintenance maybe. They show a special wrench to put the barrel nut on, could I use my Gem State armorers wrench or do I have to buy theirs?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I thought having irons would be a problem. It wont be taken off very often, maintenance maybe. They show a special wrench to put the barrel nut on, could I use my Gem State armorers wrench or do I have to buy theirs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lines up great on my M5.

I used the standard AR15 armorers wrench, and it fit fine. However, I broke one of the pins on it (probably weakened from my 6.8 build that took 95+ lb/ft to get the barrel nut lined up) and ended up buying the wheeler engineering 2 prong wrench. On the Wheeler one the cutout for the barrel was too small for the 308 barrel and I had to take the dremel to it to open it up. Once I did that the prongs fit the barrel nut just fine.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top