AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2014 6:59:36 AM EDT
PSA AR-10 parts and stuff

160 for a stripped lower, 140 for a stripped upper...  i might grab one

edited, making link hot.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
176 shipped, might hold tight for a bit or free shipping at least.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
176 shipped, might hold tight for a bit or free shipping at least.
View Quote

$306 shipped for an assembled (F/A and dust cover) upper and stripped lower from Aero directly. I'd wait till PSA comes down in price some.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll still keep buying higher quality stuff.  Not knocking PSA.  For someone who wants to get into the .308 AR game, and is just trying to make 1 as cheap as possible, then I'd say PSA all the way.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I see both this one and Aero repositioned the F/A from where the DPMS pattern had it. Are they any BCGs for .308s that are serrated for this? Even Aero's BCG doesn't  have the serrations.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I see both this one and Aero repositioned the F/A from where the DPMS pattern had it. Are they any BCGs for .308s that are serrated for this? Even Aero's BCG doesn't  have the serrations.
View Quote
shadow ops sells their "ultra match" bcg with fa serrations for $350.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Serrated ones are coming soon.

I would not be surprised if Aero Precision is the OEM to PSA for these parts.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are. They give a subtle hint in the description "Made using the most advanced aerospace manufacturing technology to produce the industry's finest forged .308 lowers, our receivers are machined on an automated multi-million dollar manufacturing system which enables us to produce a product of unequaled quality and value."
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Think PSA might build guns out of these?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't want serrations on the Bolt Carrier for Forward Assist.  FA is absolutely useless on a mouse gun, let alone a large frame AR.

The Aero Precision .308 receiver set looks a lot different than the PSA, but that doesn't mean they aren't the OEM.  If both places are willing to make/sell them, then demand is significant and growing for the large frame AR market.

Just waiting for an aftermarket GII-like receiver set and BCG/barrel extension to upset things even more.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll still keep buying higher quality stuff.  Not knocking PSA.  For someone who wants to get into the .308 AR game, and is just trying to make 1 as cheap as possible, then I'd say PSA all the way.
View Quote

Handled one today. Other than some milling marks on the inside of the trigger guard, very nice. Please explain the "higher quality stuff" comment. Is the PSA receiver somehow less acurate or durable than the alleged "higher quality stuff"? or simply less expensive?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#11]
It's about time,  it took them long enough to get it out. $300 isn't bad for the set, but I bet they weren't figuring on Aero coming out with a set at the same price.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:11:04 AM EDT
[#12]
PSA says theirs will use standard AR 15 fire control group which is really nice.  Is that the same for Aero's 308 lowers?  Also, PSA says it works with SR 25 magazines.  Are those the DPMS/magpul style or Armalite?  I wish they'd just say either Armalite or DPMS so people can easily know.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Is Armalite and SR25. Dpms is a clone of the SR25. So proper terms should be Armalite or SR25. Dpms should never be mentioned unless solely talking about upper receiver height. Then the comparison would be SR25 and dpms low. As everyone uses either the SR25 height, including Armalite, or dpms low profile upper.

I wish more people made Armalite style lowers. I love their mags, just hate the boring look of the Armalite. But everyone is gung ho about Magpul mags. So, as with anyone selling shit, they cater to the herd. Instead of trying to lead the herd in a better direction, they just move with the herd and become sheep themselves.

Aero users standard ar15 parts except the pivot and take down pins.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Handled one today. Other than some milling marks on the inside of the trigger guard, very nice. Please explain the "higher quality stuff" comment. Is the PSA receiver somehow less acurate or durable than the alleged "higher quality stuff"? or simply less expensive?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's more to higher quality than just accuracy and durability.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The PA-10 is, to me, more aesthetically pleasing -I hate slab sides. Material is good, pinholes all appear properly located. Thread cuts are clean. Play between upper and lower is all but nonexistant. My second-shipment receiver (picked up today) is finished nicely. Since this gun is going to see lots of dirt and hard use, I'm not worried about the name stamped on the side. I have no need to impress anyone except myself, and the only thing that impresses me is what happens downrange.

Please, explain "There's more to higher quality than just accuracy and durability." Is it just "I spent more than you could for the same result" or is it something else?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thiink for gun mfgs, thats really about it... is the gun accurate? yes or no

is the gun durable? yes or no.

not much more to it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#17]
To be honest I expected the price point on the PSA 10s to be a lot lower.  I picked up a stripped upper/lower set from Aero for $272 over the 4th on sale.  I really expected PSA to be in the $225-$250 ballpark for a set as I really do consider them a more budget oriented manufacturer.  I'm not saying they don't make good parts.  I've built more than my share of ARs from PSA receivers and LPKs.  But they're a "more-bang-for-your-buck" company to me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
To be honest I expected the price point on the PSA 10s to be a lot lower.  I picked up a stripped upper/lower set from Aero for $272 over the 4th on sale.  I really expected PSA to be in the $225-$250 ballpark for a set as I really do consider them a more budget oriented manufacturer.  I'm not saying they don't make good parts.  I've built more than my share of ARs from PSA receivers and LPKs.  But they're a "more-bang-for-your-buck" company to me.
View Quote

same here i got me a barrel so now i need the rest. Ill just wait for a bf sale or some such.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#19]
i ordered my lower a couple of days ago.  let's see how this thing works out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is Armalite and SR25. Dpms is a clone of the SR25. So proper terms should be Armalite or SR25. Dpms should never be mentioned unless solely talking about upper receiver height. Then the comparison would be SR25 and dpms low. As everyone uses either the SR25 height, including Armalite, or dpms low profile upper.

I wish more people made Armalite style lowers. I love their mags, just hate the boring look of the Armalite. But everyone is gung ho about Magpul mags. So, as with anyone selling shit, they cater to the herd. Instead of trying to lead the herd in a better direction, they just move with the herd and become sheep themselves.

Aero users standard ar15 parts except the pivot and take down pins.
View Quote

I'd hardly call a modified M14 mag "leading the herd"...
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#21]
psa lower + upper combo - $270

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-pa10-stripped-upper-and-lower-combo.html
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#22]
The Gen II mags are not modified M14 mags, they are designed off of it. No different than Magpul designing their mag off the SR25/Original Armalite mag. The only downside to the Armalite Gen II mag is weight. But weight could be cut down using stamped aluminum, it would take a bit of research sure, but could be made just as strong as steel, with the exception of crush resistance. But with technology available these days, it can be done.

People are just scared of investing in something new, too afraid of failure. As is the public anyways skeptical of change or straying from the norm. But that's where breakthroughs happen, where new things are learned, from venturing into the unknown.

It's a damn reliable magazine design, but Armalite does not play nice and refuses to let other people design lowers to use their mags. That's my assumption anyways. Only ones were Aero Precision because they made their receivers for awhile. Iron Ridge tried, but got sued by armalite for using the "-10" nomenclature and I believe for using their specs for the mag. They wouldn't go after just the use of numbers, atleast I think that would be a waste of time.

I'm not saying one design is better, or there should only be one. This isn't The Highlander. There can be multiple designs, variety is the spice of life. Armalite designed a damn good system, and I don't understand the amount of resistance it receives. Screw armalite as a company or their cockiness regarding their name, it's a great design, that works very well, and I think there should be more third party lowers that use their mags. That's all I want. Options.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Gen II mags are not modified M14 mags, they are designed off of it. No different than Magpul designing their mag off the SR25/Original Armalite mag. The only downside to the Armalite Gen II mag is weight. But weight could be cut down using stamped aluminum, it would take a bit of research sure, but could be made just as strong as steel, with the exception of crush resistance. But with technology available these days, it can be done.

People are just scared of investing in something new, too afraid of failure. As is the public anyways skeptical of change or straying from the norm. But that's where breakthroughs happen, where new things are learned, from venturing into the unknown.

It's a damn reliable magazine design, but Armalite does not play nice and refuses to let other people design lowers to use their mags. That's my assumption anyways. Only ones were Aero Precision because they made their receivers for awhile. Iron Ridge tried, but got sued by armalite for using the "-10" nomenclature and I believe for using their specs for the mag. They wouldn't go after just the use of numbers, atleast I think that would be a waste of time.

I'm not saying one design is better, or there should only be one. This isn't The Highlander. There can be multiple designs, variety is the spice of life. Armalite designed a damn good system, and I don't understand the amount of resistance it receives. Screw armalite as a company or their cockiness regarding their name, it's a great design, that works very well, and I think there should be more third party lowers that use their mags. That's all I want. Options.
View Quote

I'm the opposite. I just want some standardization. I went with an SR-25 since its what I consider to be the standard, but that's just my personal preference.  ETA...Ill be picking up a 7.62 PSA lower shortly. Gonna SBR it and find a light 12.5" barrel.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top