Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2017 7:02:54 PM EDT
Anyone try These handguards? For a hundo not looking shabby.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 2:35:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Kind of reminds me of a light weight Faxon rail. Never heard of the this website though.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 5:19:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kind of reminds me of a light weight Faxon rail. Never heard of the this website though.
View Quote
Monmouth sells a lot of reloading stuff. I've never used them, but never heard anything bad about them.

They seem a little heavy to me, but I would be willing to try one on a build if it wasn't trying to be real light.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Not bad.

Matrix Arms is almost half the price, also made in USA. Also lighter.

About time more affordable hand guards are offered. The mark up on "high end" hand guards is crazy. It's a tube with threading on one end and some cuts outs.

http://www.chandlerhardwoods.com/product-p/ar15-13ml.htm
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Castillo, are those gtg? Any experience I could spend 57 bucks on those all day
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The good thing about this Monmouth handguard though vs the Matrix, is that it has anti rotation tabs.

Also I bet the Monmouth actually has QD Sling Mount Holes, VS The holes Matrix uses for decoration.

Chandler is good to go but their shipping adds $12 to the price for me.

So $70 VS $106 Shipped.

I guess for $36 more you get anti rotation tabs, in spec QD Sockets. Either looks like a good choice IMO

Monmouth: 13? – 11.85oz
Matrix: 8.9 Oz
ALG EMR: 9.30oz.

The weight between Monmouth and Matrix is only 2.95 oz, Adding a mlok sling adapter/qd adapter to the Matrix would only make the weights slightly closer.

I guess Monmouth is a stand up company. Somebody was talking about their CS in the Aero Handguard thread.

Also be aware that the Matrix Handguards are a really tight fit around the gas block. The finish it is a bit chalky too.
Buy they are excellent for the money, and are very light weight/slim diameter. I never had one come loose or slide forward.

A pencil barrel would be excellent with a Matrix Handguard.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:13:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna go with a bcm kmr alpha 13 inch for my 16 inch barrel. I know not mlock but the bcm is super light at like 9 ozs installed it somewhere along those lines.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna go with a bcm kmr alpha 13 inch for my 16 inch barrel. I know not mlock but the bcm is super light at like 9 ozs installed it somewhere along those lines.
View Quote
The SLR Solo Ultra Lite is lighter than the KMR Alpha and it's also MLOK, for about the same price. BCM = 10.2oz with hardware, SLR = 9.5oz with hardware.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Castillo, are those gtg? Any experience I could spend 57 bucks on those all day
View Quote
They are absolutely GTG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top