Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2014 5:26:05 PM EDT

i purchased this rifle, i just noticed that the thread on the buffer tube is visible while my other carbine buffer tubes are completely covered when the stock is fully collapsed.

what's going on there?

anybody know what stock that is?  (i want to know the value, so i can sell the stock)
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
looks to be a basic aftermarket M4 stock, not worth much, I just picked one up in the EE for $15 shipped.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
looks to be a basic aftermarket M4 stock, not worth much, I just picked one up in the EE for $15 shipped.
View Quote

thanks.

can you comment on the exposed threads on the buffer tube?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you'd posted a better picture, maybe... but not with what's there.

ETA just from a visual, it's a cheap, commercial diameter stock.  They can be sloppily-made, and it's not surprising it doesn't collapse "all the way".
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ETA just from a visual, it's a cheap, commercial diameter stock.  They can be sloppily-made, and it's not surprising it doesn't collapse "all the way".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'll take another picture, and try a different stock.  hopefully, it's just the garbage stock :)  save me the trouble of replacing the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:24:08 AM EDT
[#5]
it's not the stock.  i took new pics, but will only be able to upload tomorrow.

the problem buffer tube is longer than the other one, and has more threads.

the buffer tube doesn't have the slanted end like the commercial tubes do (i have another rifle with a commercial spec tube, but i forgot to try that stock)
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:48:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Not all commercial tubes have the slanted back.  Some are longer than mil-spec, others aren't.  Commercial tubes can vary quite a bit.        

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#7]
How about details on the rifle?  Is it factory or home build?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#8]
here are pics of the buffer tube (the one at the bottom)

it's a home build, made to look like an M4

-0-

bonus question for another rifle, also newly bought

how do i remove the pistol grip on this one?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats... odd.

So is the buffer tube screwed in all the way? Its holding down the detent right? Maybe its out of spec.

About the pistol grip "screw". Pic is blurry, but my guess is its an allen head.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top