Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 10:49:41 PM EDT
I'm was looking for stripped monolithic upper today and ran across the Vltor VIS-SL Polylithic keymod that looks nice, and I like the Slimline idea. There site says available for delivery in May. Here's a link:
http://www.vltor.com/product/vis-sl-polylithic-upper-with-slim-line/

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks heavy.  Why didn't they add keymod slots along the sides.  Would have added versatility while reducing weight.  Sorry, not buying that the upper barrel threads are somehow overstressed by holding up the weight of the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]
the tire tread pattern on the sides looks terrible.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

agreed. the keymod version looks better.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Why do manufacturers keep insisting on machining rails into supposed "keymod" fore ends in the most likely places where you would mount something?  Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of keymod?

I understand a continuous top rail for optic mounts...

We need a keymod adapter so you can mount a keymod section to a LW rail with just round holes.  Then, mount a rail to the keymod section.  That way you can have mounts on your mount when your mounting!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. The profile looks great though! I'd still rather have kemod sections where the tread is.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why do manufacturers keep insisting on machining rails into supposed "keymod" fore ends in the most likely places where you would mount something?  Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of keymod?

I understand a continuous top rail for optic mounts...

We need a keymod adapter so you can mount a keymod section to a LW rail with just round holes.  Then, mount a rail to the keymod section.  That way you can have mounts on your mount when your mounting!
View Quote

I think you are only looking at the "partial keymod" version. The "full keymod" version doesn't have rails machined.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#8]
OK, the "full keymod" version makes sense then, the "VIS-KM", that's a good looking upper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top