Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Stick, I don't suppose you have a Vortex Razor 1-6 you could put on your 15" CMR picture?  I just pre-ordered one and wanted to see how the razor looks on it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Stick give us some angles and views of that Mlok rail.  I've preordered mine but would love to see some good pics of different angles.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:29:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Are they doing away with the regular version? Can't find any 14" rails in stock anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By lowonair:
Are they doing away with the regular version? Can't find any 14" rails in stock anywhere.
View Quote

I hope not. Their original system is way better than MLOK or Keymod
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Stickman:
Centurion Arms is NOT getting rid of their standard system.
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Good to know. Now if I can find one I'll finish one of my builds.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Mopseydocks6014:
Stick, I don't suppose you have a Vortex Razor 1-6 you could put on your 15" CMR picture?  I just pre-ordered one and wanted to see how the razor looks on it.
View Quote

I don't have the photo-fu expertise of Stickman but I did have my Razor 1-6 on my CMR mutt at one point.

I hope you find it helpful

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:18:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Just got my shipping notice on my 15" M Lok.  Super excited.  I'll have that and my receiver set cerakoted by the weekend.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
I have used SLR .750 gas blocks without issue on a Spike's 14.5" lightweight profile and on a Daniel Defense 10.3" Gov't profile. I don't think a lightweight profile and a .625 gas block would be an issue
View Quote

My .750 SLR gas block is extremely close to the inside of my CMR.

Here is my 9.5" CMR on a 11.5" Noveske barrel.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By oxbcat:

http://i.imgur.com/65NwwVB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sR5Njil.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By oxbcat:
I have used SLR .750 gas blocks without issue on a Spike's 14.5" lightweight profile and on a Daniel Defense 10.3" Gov't profile. I don't think a lightweight profile and a .625 gas block would be an issue

http://i.imgur.com/65NwwVB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sR5Njil.jpg

Yes, mine is too. And correction: it was a.625 SLR block on the Spike's 14.5" lightweight barrel. The SLR on the DD 10.3" is definitely the .750 though
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:56:54 AM EDT
[#15]
As to the gas block, I'll use their gas block just like I did on my previous CMR.

I received my 15" m lok CMR on Monday.  Sent it with my buddy for cerakote along with my ARF billet set.  I'll post a pic when I get them back.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:49:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Magpul OD Green

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:34:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stickman] [#19]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I just got mine out to the range today. Perfect rail for the Larue PredatAR barrel. Had to file a little on the Larue .625 gas block to ensure there would be clearance. Also added surefire's new non suppressor comp. Very light, very handy, very accurate.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I just got my 14" CMR with the lightening cutouts, I believe this may be the second generation of the original CMR? It is not key or Mlok.

Anyways I'm looking for a barrel to complete my AR build and really want to go with a Hansen premium barrel from Ballistic Advantage with their pinned low profile gas block, but I don't know if this will clear the CMR. Do you guys know by chance?

I guess it would be easy enough to shave down the bottom of the gas block a bit with a belt sander if I need too. I also believe that the second generation of the CMR might have a little more room inside as compared to the first generation?

I appreciate any help- Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#24]
What kind of screws are you supposed to use to connect a Scout light to the Scout mount?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#27]

The screws that were in it don't work?  
View All Quotes
What kind of screws are you supposed to use to connect a Scout light to the Scout mount?

That's what I've always used.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

No, the ones that come with the new M300C don't at least. They are much too small. Any one know the exact size/thread?
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Ahhhhh, my bad, you mean the ones which thread into the rail itself?  
View All Quotes
No, the ones that come with the new M300C don't at least. They are much too small. Any one know the exact size/thread?

Ahhhhh, my bad, you mean the ones which thread into the rail itself?  

No, sorry, I have those, they came with the accessories package.

On the 300 it comes with 2 screws that attach it to the Surefire mount (green arrow). Those screws are different than the ones you need to mount the light to the light mount (red arrow). They aren't supplied with the light, and the CMR screws don't fit it either.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Stick, where was the tutorial on attaching the MOE vert to the rail? I can't find it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#32]

On the 300 it comes with 2 screws that attach it to the Surefire mount (green arrow). Those screws are different than the ones you need to mount the light to the light mount (red arrow). They aren't supplied with the light, and the CMR screws don't fit it either.

http://i.imgur.com/VdWku1k.jpg
View Quote

The holes on the underside of Scout lights take 8-32 threaded screws. The CMR also uses 8-32 threaded holes to attach accessories.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:02:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckeye67] [#33]

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 1:43:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 1:44:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Why must you call me out when you know I'm lazy?

I've written it up a few times, but usually just in threads or social media.  I need to write it up for RECOIL WEB or something so I can just link to it.  

I took a regular MOE VFG, heated it up, and crushed it slightly in a vise.  This put the slight bend in it which mates up pretty perfect with the CMR rail.  When you heat it and slap it in the vise, make sure you give the edges a push upwards before you start tightening it down.  The vise does more to hold the shape than anything else as it cools down.  Then you tighten an 8/32 CMR screw through the body of the MOE and you are GTG.  

I haven't got a resupply in awhile, otherwise I would just make one up for you .  You've been here a long time, have a low threshold for BS and stupid people, and NB vouches for you.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Stick, where was the tutorial on attaching the MOE vert to the rail? I can't find it. Thanks.

I've written it up a few times, but usually just in threads or social media.  I need to write it up for RECOIL WEB or something so I can just link to it.  

I took a regular MOE VFG, heated it up, and crushed it slightly in a vise.  This put the slight bend in it which mates up pretty perfect with the CMR rail.  When you heat it and slap it in the vise, make sure you give the edges a push upwards before you start tightening it down.  The vise does more to hold the shape than anything else as it cools down.  Then you tighten an 8/32 CMR screw through the body of the MOE and you are GTG.  

I haven't got a resupply in awhile, otherwise I would just make one up for you .  You've been here a long time, have a low threshold for BS and stupid people, and NB vouches for you.  

I think I took pictures of the process when I did it, I'll dig around and see if I can find em.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:

Haha you know we've met right? You were taking pics at SHOT08 of NB in his pink shirt with the FMG. I made a comment that was against the COC

Off to arrange resupply
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Slippers:

The holes on the underside of Scout lights take 8-32 threaded screws. The CMR also uses 8-32 threaded holes to attach accessories.
View All Quotes

I've tried those screws and they don't work. They don't tighten enough to keep the light from being loose.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Buckeye67:

http://i.imgur.com/aK9QY0N.jpg?3

View Quote

That thing is beautiful. Patriot brown?
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:06:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckeye67] [#40]

That setup and color looks fantastic!!  Color me curious and tell me about it (please).  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Buckeye67:
http://i.imgur.com/aK9QY0N.jpg?3

That setup and color looks fantastic!!  Color me curious and tell me about it (please).  

Hi, thanks Stick!

I wanted this to be my "in case of complete breakdown of civilization" rifle.  Here's the build details:

Noveske "Chainsaw" Upper and Lower

Centurion 14" CMR Rail

Centurion 16" Midlength LW Barrel

Centurion C4 BCG

Centurion Low Profile Gas Block (Gas Block pinned by Rainier Arms)

AXTS Raptor Charging Handle

BCM Mod O Comp

WMD Melonited Gas Tube

Gen 2 Magpul MBUS  

Geissele ACT Trigger

BCM Mod 1 Grip

BCM MilSpec Reciever Extenstion Assembly

Magpul STR Stock

Magpul BAD

Vortex Viper HS 1-24 with a Vortex Switchview Lever in a LaRue SPR-E Mount

Cerakoted Patriot Brown by Ricco at Black Dove Customs (He's an awesome dude!)  I managed to ding it in my overcrowded safe already though. If I can find someone who's doing a really good Ranger Green cerakote, I'll probably have it resprayed.

I haven't had a chance to give it a good range test.  I was able to function check it at training last month at work though, and it's a smooth shooter.  I'm looking forward to seeing how well Monte's barrel shoots.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#41]

I've tried those screws and they don't work. They don't tighten enough to keep the light from being loose.
View All Quotes

Before I say anything else, this is for the Centurion Scout mount, right? If so, there should be two short screws which are for attaching the light body to the mount, and then two longer screws, which are for attaching the mount to the CMR. The longer screws will not work in the light body for the reasons you have encountered.

The short screws are approximately 1/4" from tip to flat head. The longer screws should be around 3/8" from tip to flat head. If all the screws that came with your mount are the same length, then someone messed up while packing the mount and screws up.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 5:50:59 AM EDT
[#42]

I just picked up a Vortex Razor HD II, I haven't forgotten your request!

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Mopseydocks6014:

I just picked up a Vortex Razor HD II, I haven't forgotten your request!

I'm in no hurry.  I almost have my proof research barrel paid for.  It'll take some time to afford the razor then.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Before I say anything else, this is for the Centurion Scout mount, right? If so, there should be two short screws which are for attaching the light body to the mount, and then two longer screws, which are for attaching the mount to the CMR. The longer screws will not work in the light body for the reasons you have encountered.

The short screws are approximately 1/4" from tip to flat head. The longer screws should be around 3/8" from tip to flat head. If all the screws that came with your mount are the same length, then someone messed up while packing the mount and screws up.
View All Quotes

Ahh..this makes sense. Will need to dig through the screws that came with and see if they are there somewhere. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#44]
@Stickman, what gas blocks do you use for all your builds with the Centurion CMR? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sscr:
@Stickman, what gas blocks do you use for all your builds with the Centurion CMR? Thanks!
View Quote

+1, and does anybody know if a shaved fsb will fit?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#47]

I like the ones from Centurion Arms, but otherwise, I tend to use whatever I have laying around.  Evidently everything I get is low profile, because I've not had any of the issues others claim to have had with the GB touching.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sscr:

I like the ones from Centurion Arms, but otherwise, I tend to use whatever I have laying around.  Evidently everything I get is low profile, because I've not had any of the issues others claim to have had with the GB touching.  

Great to know, thanks! Im planning on getting a Ballistic Advantage Hansen barrel with a pinned low profile block on it and wanted to make sure it would fit. Im considering getting a pencil barrel because of one of your previous posts Stickman, decisions decisions.....
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#48]
I would agree that any pencil barrel will more than likely be fine. I was pushing it using a .750 Noveske barrel and a SLR Rifleworks set screw gas block. The gas block cleared on the top and bottom but the blue colored side and the screw that holds that plate on is what got extremely close to the hand guard and was touching it for a bit until i realigned everything.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:53:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top